Game Artist Major's Gallery

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Game Artist Major's Gallery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:22 am

Although not nearly to the quality I would like my work to be, there's my artwork. I don't, by any means, draw as much as I need to/would like to. I always find myself being tied down by other things, which is also why, when I do draw, I don't spend as much time on it as I would like. Hopefully once my college classes start to get more related to my major, I'll have the opportunity to draw more often! ;)
♥Willow Waters♥
    7th year Ravenclaw, Half-Blood

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Syren Song
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Game Artist Major's Gallery

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:25 am

Your stuff is awesome! I love your style!

And if that blond chick is you...you are GAWJUS, too!

<3
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 am

Angel_Melfina wrote:Your stuff is awesome! I love your style!

And if that blond chick is you...you are GAWJUS, too!

<3

Aw, thanks. ^^ You're sweet! <3

Yus haha, that is me. XD I'm horrible at accepting compliments lol, but thank you!

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 am

HA! When I saw the devart username I KNEW it was familiar. I've seen your page before xD Great stuff!
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

ThatsNotPoetry wrote:HA! When I saw the devart username I KNEW it was familiar. I've seen your page before xD Great stuff!

Lol you have? Awesome. ^^ Thank you!

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faerywitch on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:55 pm

You are very good. And if you get the time to practice more I'd love to see where you bring your art! I think you are in the right path to become a great artist. Also, you are so cute!
Yes! now open for commissions!
http://faerywitch.deviantart.com/

Faerywitch
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:30 pm

I agree - I can only just improve from here, and I look forward to it. :) And thank you so much! ^^

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Here is my latest work: http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/art/Al ... e-98882510

It was for a final project in one of my classes last quarter. I know it's not perfect and probably could have been improved upon, but I was under a time constraint, and only had a week to work on it, in addition to other final projects. That's the bad thing about school! In any case, I used references and based my characters off real people, which you can see I linked to in the description.

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:11 pm

I like that you're playing with perspective a bit! I must admit I never like it when people paste a photograph in for a background. It completely throws off a composition and severely distracts from the things you work so hard to draw. But, that is my opinion of it. Always good to see people branch out.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syren Song on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Yeah, no I agree. I really hate to do it. I was actually planning on drawing everything, since I've been trying to do that more now with the backgrounds. However, the background is always the last thing that I do in a picture and I didn't have enough time to go and draw up a background and get it all colored and shaded in before it was due. You want to know the exceptionally sucky part of all that!? I didn't even have to turn my drawing in. I just held it in front of the class for about 10 seconds and then sat down and put it away. Yeah. All that scrambling and hard work for pretty much nothing. XD

Syren Song
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!