Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Marchand School of Sorcery

Game Board

a part of “The Marchand School of Sorcery”, a fictional universe by Miss Echo.

Marchand is a new academy fresh out of the woodworks, with arms open to children from any and all bloodlines. However, is this school truly what it seems? (Accepting!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Marchand School of Sorcery”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Game Board

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Hello, one and all!
So, I've noticed that the RP has been a bit slow lately, due to a mix of business, absent players, etc. That isn't a problem at all, but what I was thinking was that it might be good to have a little side thing to pass the time between posts- hence this new board. :)

Basically, I will ask you all a question. It's completely opinionated, so there's no real right or wrong answers (aside from blatantly insulting people or anything like that). For instance, I'll ask, "Which characters would be funny in X situation", or, "which characters do you think would be the scariest when mad?" Then you all can answer, although y'all are by no means obligated to. After I get a few answers, I'll ask a new question, and the cycle will repeat. Depending on how this is recepted, I might also throw in some "character questions", where I directly ask characters a question, and you respond IC for them.

So! First question is:

Which characters who haven't interacted yet IC do you think will become friends? :)
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: Game Board

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Characters we've not interacted with that we'd like to:
Teachers:
Maeve
Madison
Derrick

Students:
Cyrus
Jessica
Percival

Partial Interaction characters that we'd like some more of:
Larke
Kora
Jason

Interaction we don't want to go without:
Dawn
Tessa
Mitch

Which characters who haven't interacted yet IC do you think will become friends?

I think a lot of little groups will form for differing reasons, as example:

Team Air:
Lucien Magnaventus
Maeve Brigid Byrne
Nimura Hedlund
Tover Book
Cyrus Fox

Team Water:
Seraph Lanchester
Larke Sterling
Oren Kovalenko
Minori Fukutawa

Team Shield:
Roderic Alder
Mayburry Montana
Tessa Botrelle
Draivess F. Ulftern
Helena Kingsley
Percival R. Pelacour

Team Death:
Damien Moore
Desdemona Moore
Esperanza Ciervo
Azaziel Crowley

Team Fwoosh:
Drake Coleman
Madison Lewis Lovette
Kora Norrevinter

Team Rune:
Nefertiti Anapa III
Theren Belvadeer
Toby Schippers
Leila Michelle Ingram

Team Earth:
Jessica Rose Smith
Jasmine Sayge
Dinah Fox
Rei Farran

Team Trick:
Skylar Oliver
Dawn Memoli
Derrick Arthur Avalon
Jason Avalon

Friend Expectations:
Personal:
Tover Book
Tessa Botrelle
Leila Michelle Ingram
Dawn Memoli
Desdemona Moore

"We found the problem"
Cyrus Fox
Tover Book
Leila Ingram

Necro-supremacy clique:
Azaziel Crowley
Desdemona Moore
Esperanza Ciervo

Entrepreneurs:
Larke Sterling
Dinah Fox

Book-Worms/Librarians:
Nefertiti Anapa III
Theren Belvadeer
Lucien Magnaventus
Nimura Hedlund
Jasmine Sayge

Council-Kids, the musical:
Jason Avalon
Larke Sterling
Kora Norrevinter
Percival R. Pelacour

Team Shy:
Seraph Lanchester
Jessica Rose Smith
Helena Kingsley

Rebels:
Drake Coleman
Jasmine Sayge
Percival R. Pelacour

I think Friends are going to form based on:

- Similar Likes
- Similar Personality Traits
- Similar Dislikes
- Plot Events
- Chemistry

I think certain players seem very likely to get along and keep grouped up:
Special:
Miss Echo, being the GM, is in every group.

Grouping A:
Hyro / Fadded /Ianna / Skywidge

Grouping B:
TerrorFloof / Scoundrelboots / Vitaminheart / Shadowhope

Group I have No idea:
MisterMagicMuffin / DoctorJenny / BurningDark
Last edited by TerrorFloof on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:38 am

Per request, I'm going to throw in a new question for y'all today. In case anyone still wants to answer the previous question, I'm fine with you choosing to answer one or both if you so wish. :)

New question is:
Give one random fact about your character that will most likely never come up or be mentioned in the Roleplay otherwise. (If you only have one character, feel free to give multiple facts about that one if you'd like).

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 7 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:46 am

Tover Book:

- Has a Twin sister.
- Had a Honey-Addiction as a child.
- Does a Dark Souls 'praise the sun' stretch when he manages to actually get up in the morning.
- Has Faith.

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Hey ~ I'll give a shot at question 2 lol.

Theren Belvadeer:
1. Has a bunch of useless knowledge on torture and random books.
2. Has Daddy issues.

Seraph Lanchester:
1. Likes sweets.
2. Loves video game

@terrorFloof - I had a question for you. In your list you mentioned 'pirate group'. What did you mean by 'pirate?'
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

FaddedFox
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:10 pm

@Fadded
I didn't mean anything by it. I had no idea what kind of name to give to the group, I made them all up on the fly. If you've got some better ones in mind, I'd be happy to edit those in!

Also, you've probably been here way longer than me. If you have a better idea or just opinion on how you think the groups will work out. I'd love to see it, it's a lot of guesswork on my end.

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:58 pm

@TerrorFloof - lol I have no idea what to call them. Maybe book worms? idk XD

I'll be honest I didn't answer the first question because I am not sure yet on how they will all react together.

I do admit that out of what you stated, I do not think Seraph would do well with Oren or Lark. They are both strong personalities and I think they would honestly terrify Seraph lol. And maybe Theren would go in the 'rebels' corner as well.

Everything else I was going to say has vanished XD. I lost my train of thought.

FaddedFox
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 am

Well, I've got no idea how people will react together yet either. I really want to see how things end up IC, so that in a few months I can look at that list and laugh and go. "Oh. Oh man. Was I wrong about things. Awesome."

Better names for things are always nice.
I think I'd like to change some now though, while I still have post access.
I'ma start with book worms.
Any more?

I had to scroll back up to figure out what you meant. Team water is literally all the people who are in Aquamancy, that's the only criteria for that group. I figured everyone in a primary together would find it easier to make friends.

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:45 am

Kora Norrevinter
-Height is due to a mild inherited pituitary disorder.

-Firmly believes in the existence of trolls in Scandinavia.

-Knows how to cook gingerbread and nothing else.

-A quirk of her otherwise very good english, she often pronounces 'v' as 'w'

Dinah Fox

-Used to use her primary in her childhood to pretend to be the villain Poison Ivy, until she accidentally tripped over her own vines and knocked two of her first set of teeth out.

- Has a painted bobcat skull that's one of her favourite things.

- A talented archer.

Helena Kingsley

- Doesn't like wearing shoes.

- A big fan of old era animation, especially Felix the Cat.

- Has written some very questionable Labyrinth fanfiction.

Cyrus Fox

-Hates pets dying in movies and tends to look it up before he sees them if he suspects it might have it.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:21 am

Alrighty, then. I believe that now would be a good time to throw in another question, since we received a few responses this time around. :D

New Question:

Which characters would you (or your characters) want to face the least in combat class, and which characters would you/your characters like to face the most?

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:32 am

I (writer) am sm0l beeb. I wouldn't want to face any of the characters.
Would rather practice Lao Tzu’s Four Rules for Living.

Tover's Perspective:
Note: Teachers are Excluded from the list.

Least wants to face:
1. Drake Coleman
2. Dawn Memoli
3. Tessa Botrelle

Most wants to face:
1. Kora Nørrevinter
2. Azaziel Crowley
3. Jason Avalon

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby doctorjenny on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Ooh I didn't realize this was here. Question 1: Tover, definitely. Jesse is a shy one that will take a bit to open up, but when she does, she will make more friends. I'm not sure who else she would make friends with, but it would likely be people she shares classes with/ dorm with.
Question 2: I really don't have an answer to this one. I can't think of anything that wouldn't come up at some point.
Question 3: Characters wanting to face least: everyone. She is timid.
Characters wanting to face most: can we just.... not fight?

doctorjenny
Member for 6 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Got some good answers this time around. I like that.

New question:
What are you most looking to happening Marchand? (For GMs, and other people with spoilers, feel free to answer in generalized answers if you don't want to reveal anything. :) )

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:51 pm

A certain family arriving at Marchand looking for their lost sibling. :D The happiest family, you might say. :D :D

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:48 am

Currently, it's for first day of classes because I think the Teacher/Student interactions are going to be interesting, especially on day one. Overall, I'm looking forward to when we find out a bit more about the disappearances.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TerrorFloof on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:07 pm

Remember, remember, the 5th of November. The Gunpowder Treason and plot; I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason Should ever. be. forgot. For that which I look forward the most is by no doubt the PLOT!

TerrorFloof
Member for 6 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!