Announcements: Universe of the Month Voting! » Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Universe of the Month Voting! » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » Universe of the Week! » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Game Project, need help!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Game Project, need help!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColeMaibara on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Hello everyone! Cole here, with big BIG news. I've started working on a game, using RPG Maker VX, and need help. I am planning on using characters from Roleplay Gateway, and need to know who'd be willing to have their character to be used in the game? I also need Voice Actors, if anybody is willing to help. Message me, or post it here! Either will work!

The game's main plot is pretty straightforwards, but I don't have enough worked out to describe it well. It'll most likely be a classic good vs evil kind of story, and what the evil and good do are depending on the characters, so if one evil character I receive wants to destroy the world, while another wants to just destroy a nation, you'll fight both, but at separate times. The idea of the entire game is, the nexxus opened up, and pretty much threw all the characters into some dimension they have no clue about. That's all we've gotten solidified so far.

As for what they'd be used for, it all depends. For the story mode, I'm going to try and make it so you can swap out heros for other heros, however, unless scripted into the story, you can not play as a villain. As for the other mode I'm going to try and work on (I'll get to that in a second), all characters suggested will be playable (except NPCs).

The battle system I plan to be one of two things, both depending on how well I can work this program. I want it to be so when a fight is engaged in story mode, it swaps into a fighting game-like style so that instead of the classic Final Fantasy looking fight, where you select attacks and what-not, you have to rely on your skill. However, that may be hard to program into the game, and I may leave it alone. Though, as for the fighting game version, if I can't implement it into the fighting, and actual game, I'll have to make a separate title, and zip it up in the name .ZIP file. Just depends on how things go.

Lastly, I've got this separated out into a few parts, I'm handling the game building and coding parts, two of my friends are handling artwork and character sprites, I've got no music built up yet (but have a good idea on what I want), and so far, I've got what I need [minus the severe lack of Voice Actors].

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ColeMaibara
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Cult Leader Greeter Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer Lifegiver

Re: Game Project, need help!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm

I might be able to do voice acting. PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm

I might be able to help with "ANYTHING' design. Mostly conceptual.
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am

Hey there, ColeMaibara! Just wanted to let you know that I moved your topic to the Main Lobby. This will hopefully get more people to take a look at your project here.

II'd love to do some voice work! I have a pretty decent microphone and can share files with ease. I'd also consider letting some characters of mine be used in this game. What other details of the project can you provide?

Looking forward to hearing more about it!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:19 am

I'd offer characters but i don't think any of mine are important enough to be included in such a game.

I might be interested in doing character design if this is going to be a summer endeavor.
Though I don't do anything pro-bono if it takes up a good portion of my time.
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

CrashQueen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColeMaibara on Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Thank you all for speaking up. I've recently got a friend to help me fix some issues with my game maker (RPG Maker VX) since it was bugging out, but now that I've got that fixed, I can start working on this project.

ViceVersus & dealing with it: That is very good news to me, thanks for telling me this! I don't know if I have you on my Skype Vice, but if you have one, I'd like you to send me it via PM that way I can contact you easily, have the zip files sent with some of the work/be able to hear what you sound like, that way I can look at the characters, and see which one your voice would best fit with.

I'm writing this post in a rush, so for those I didn't reply to (Crash, and Pulse), I'll talk to you more about it at some point when I'm not writing things in a hurry XD

~Jeremy Harris

ColeMaibara
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Cult Leader Greeter Visual Appeal Salesman Property Buyer Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!