A Game of Thrones: Battle for Westeros

A Game of Thrones: Battle for Westeros

a part of “A Game of Thrones: Battle for Westeros”, a fictional universe by Ichigo15.

It has been three centuries since Joffery's reign as king, and now Westeros is divided into three main Kingdoms. There's plenty of inner turmoil between the House, and now, slowly, the Houses are beginning to vie for control over Westeros.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Game of Thrones: Battle for Westeros”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Game of Thrones: Battle for Westeros

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Magic's return is a big part of this rp. However, since Martin takes a somehow more sensible, or simply, better written, view on magic, I would hope that we can incorporate magic in a way that seems sensible as well. Like, people won't be throwing magic from the palm of their hands at the beginning. If you would like your characters to utilize magic, I hope it would be more of an evolutionary process the way Bran's revelation of his powers were.

The Wall will get its own plot in the RP, as will the Others. For the most part, I will have an introductory plot set up for the incorporation of the Others.

I'm working on something that has to do with the gods, but I'm going to do some more research on them, and re-read the books before I settle on anything with that. I'm in favor of collaboration in terms of rping, so I'm going to stress that I'm always open to ideas. I like coming up with plot as much as the next person does, and I hate that feeling that the GM domineers everything and everyone just kind of like...."ok". Democracy.
Favorite Series (of all sorts, listed as acronyms in no particular order): KH, LoZ, A:TLA and LoK, Batfamily stuff, ASoIaF(GoT), Disney stuff, Skyrim (never played the rest of the Elder Scrolls), DBZ, Sailor Moon, SnK(AoT), many Cartoon Network Cartoons.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arik223 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 pm

I might need a day extension, I had a long day and had no chance to finish up, so tomorrow during the evening it will be done!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arik223
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 am

I like Tempest idea of starting at te start of the tournament, gives the characters a chance to mingle and participate.

Also, I wholly agree with Ichi when it comes to the use of magic. Lets keep it smart like Martin :D

And Arik, that shouldn't be a problem. Even if we start tonight, we won't leave you behind. You'll be able to catch up :)

And finally . . . Can't wait to start soon! YaY! ;P

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 am

Okay guys, I'm getting on a post. Should be up by tonight. Eastern Time, for anyone who's wondering.

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Finally, gawd... ;-)
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Awesome! If it's Eastern time then I'll be posting in the morning, London time ;P

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Okay guys just posted. My eyes are tired now; I've reading all day, finishing up an assigned book. I'll get the Targaryens in later.

After you read: I may or may not get rid of Richard. I like him (in my mind since I know his personality) and would love for him and Barbara to cause some good drama, but I don't know if I want my character to be with my character, vain as it sounds, since I do enjoy character interaction. And there's already the Targaryens and Dothraki, which is another set where I rp a couple. We'll see. If not, I'll erase him, and tweak the post a bit, because I know if I keep him I'll be torn.

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaper2707 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Nice post! I can't wait to get this show rolling strong, i'll post mine up today. Not sure when it will be done but for sure today.

Reaper2707
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Group Theory Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Nice post, love it!

I've added another Martell and fluffed out my other characters a bit more. Things will progress, I promise, but I do most of this while at work (Terrible I know) when I am waiting for calls to come in and today was super busy.

Tempest
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arik223 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey sorry for the wait, I am currently about 70% done with my application so it should be in within an hour!

Arik223
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arik223 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Got my house in!

Arik223
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 am

Posted!!! =D Finally! Do forgive me, if I've gone on a bit too much. My apologies :)

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok guys working on a Targaryen introduction. It should thoroughly interrupt the tournament, however, so I'm going to wait for a few more posts, perhaps after the next wave, to introduce them.

Also, I was thinking up some more Starks, but they wouldn't be of Arya's line (like Erin, his brother, and their children.) I was thinking perhaps descendants of Sansa and Bran. But Bran was paraplegic which is an issue in itself. I mean, there are paraplegic people who are capable of having children, I'm just not sure Bran would have found love in an era such as the one the Houses were in....

EDIT: Also before I forget, nice posts everyone! I'm glad I'm dealing with a crowd fond of big, good, writing ^.^

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Posted again! Couldn't resist! ;P

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Scarlett I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from doing that again unless its really necessary. We may only be five writers, but we're five lengthy writers, and it'll be nonsense if the rp degenerates into posts where people can't keep up with one another if someones been posting frequently and someone can't keep up, or be bothered to keep up, and drops out. I'd rather we have posts that are constrained and in order so people don't have to keep jumping from one post to another in attempt to get their facts straight or so people don't post at the same time and end up having to go back and edit because posts clash, etc. etc. :/

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Cool, no prob, it was just a post with my and Reapers character which I had discussed with him prior to and with a secondary character but okay.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Sorry if it sounds like I'm grilling you. I'd rather just wait till I know everyone's capabilities, and everyone knows everyone else's capabilities. A comfort zone, I guess.

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm

It's fine. I just assumed because everyone had posted that we could all continue on and you had mentioned introducing the Targryans after a few more post. So just let me know when it's okay to post again. And maybe for the others too as they may read this and wonder when to post or not again.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Well right now, I would just rather everyone post in the same order that we posted in originally. That way, everyone should have ample time to respond to the doing of the other rpers :3

Like I said, sorry if it sounds like I'm grilling ^.^ I write formally and I feel unless I don't include happy emotes everyone thinks I'm mad at them.

Its just I was thinking, everyone is clumped together, it would be easier, assuming everyone is going to read through everyone else's posts and respond to everyone else's doings, or the like. So I thought establishing a kind of pattern of rping would be beneficial so everyone has their ample time to respond. Like I said, a comfort zone.

I guess when our characters all separate and distill throughout the camp, or go where ever they are going, we all may inevitably end up posting at different rates >.< But right now, I was hoping orderly would work best for this mass meeting of characters, especially since there are really so many characters.

Ichigo15
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaper2707 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Well that kind of thing needs to be announced Ichigo my friend. I had no idea this was going on in an order and if you wish to do something to change the direction of the RP just be sure to post it here in ooc so people know :)

Reaper2707
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Group Theory Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!