Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

GATX-105 Shadow Strike

a topic in Mecha: Gundams, Mobile Suits and Armors, a part of the RPG forum.

A catalog of the mecha that can be found in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend.

GATX-105 Shadow Strike

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Subject: GATX-105 Shadow Strike
Designation: GATX-105
Codename: “Shadow Strike”
Unit type: Prototype
Head height: 18.0 meters
Base weight: 8.3 metric tons
Generator output: 5000 KW lithium ion cell
Thrusters: 18000 kg x2(Sub-Thrusters)
Armor: Neo-Titanium Alloy
Armament:75mm automatic multi-barrel CIWS "Igelstellung" x 2
assault knife "Armor Schneider" x 2
57mm Standard Beam Rifle
(Go to gundam offical to see what it looks like)

Theirs more equipment to come but i wanted to get the basics first.
Last edited by Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zanza
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:25 am

Uhg...Gundam Seed terminology. I'll figure this out later, but for future reference please refer to the weapons as they appear in Gundam W. I mean I know the CIWS are the Vulcans, and I can easily figure out a price for the knives (most likely will be the same price as the heat knives that appear on the Solidus), but something like a "high energy beam rifle" I'm going to need to know what you want from that.

For the RP, as far as I know, there's only two true beam rifles to be selected (A regular sized one, and then a short one), other than the High-Output Beam Rifle that I designed which is for sniper operations, and definatly not what the Strike Gundam from Seed carries.

To be extremly technical the rifles of Gundam Seed and W work from what I can gather entirely different princples. Unlike other Gundam series, such as W, are highly energized particle weapons usually from probaby something along the lines of excellerated particle weapons Technically I don't think W ever specified how the beams are produced but in the UC universe it's from Minovsky particles. The beam weapons in Seed are also very unclear on what they are but due to the fact that the beam can bend from a type of reflective energy field (something that can not be done with the Beam weapons of traditional Gundam) they are most likely a type of laser rifle, dealing with light, and also the outputs of these weapons are quite different based on the animation from the different series.

Basicly what I'm trying to say is do you want just a regular beam rifle or one of the more powerful beam shooting devices that are offered.

Again let me stress the fact that it would be helpful if you use the standardized terms instead of those belonging to an entirely different Gundam universe. This isn't anything I'm trying to get onto you about, it just makes things easier.

So, once I know what rifle you want I'll most likely approve this suit. If you plan on adding the different Strike Packs that the Strike Gundam (and later the Impluse Gundam copied) those should most likely be done in a type of upgrade fashion on your own, as in you buy the different weapons and then say how it was equipped, but some of those weapons might be subject to approval. The sword on the sword strike for example. The beam boomerang won't be a problem other than most likely needing to be added to the list of weapons that could be purchased, since it was approved for the old Epiphany Gundam. But there could be other problems that I haven't thought of that I'll have to go and review the stats of the suits for and make them work in the W universe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:23 am

Ok I redid the rifle, but I'm going to need ask, can I us the 320mm hyper impulse cannon "Agni" on the GAT-X105 Launcher Shadow Strike.

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:11 am

There are already plenty of beam cannons that you can choose from so I don't know. It's something I'll have to review and most likely talk with Eric about. I personally don't see the point of adding another weapon of that nature to the already large list of weapons that you can choose from.

I think the rules state that a suit can look like any suit from any other universe but things have to be made to apply to the W universe. Example: As much as I love the F91, I can't have the Variable Speed Beam Rifles. So I could have the F91, just those weapons would have to be made into something from the W universe. So right now my answer is no you can't have that cannon, and to figure out what it would compare to in the W universe from the shop list.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:25 pm

I also thought of another problem that you will face. This suit can be approved since the only weapon that could drain power would be the rifle and the thrusters. However, if you end up planning to add the "strike packs" from Seed to the MS then they will either need their own generator, or you will have to purchase a much stronger one later on.

It should also be noted that anything like the Strike and other Gundam's (other than the ones that were powered by some sort of nuclear generator) cannot have anything like Phase Shift armor. Not sure if you were planning this at some point, but it was a note I had to make. This is W not Seed...even though a Seed RP would be easier to do than W.

For something like the Strike, I would go more with a 5000KW lithium ion cell, that should be more closer to what the real suit has, but this is your suit and thats just a suggestion.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Ok. I like the lithium ion cell idea, but the Phase Shift armor I was not going to use. If you look at my other suit "Pfenix of Freedom" I use the Gundanium Alloy w/ Slide Armor option. And I see what you say about the strike packs but Im going to ask master if we can get battery packs for suits so I can use it in mine, ok?

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:38 pm

There can be two generators on a suit, but no more. If the packs were separate and made subject to approval (I had an idea like this for something I called the "Flight Pack" which was going to be similar to the Aile Pack that could be purchased to upgrade existing mobile suits) then I think it would be fine.

The Aile would be perfectly fine. The Sword pack would need some thought, but could probably be approved. The launcher though I'm still saying no on just because there is alread plenty of cannons to choose from.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:48 pm

ok I can see why you are saying no but its not only the cannon but the combination of the missles the gattling gun and the cannon. Also the only cannons with the same power of the Angi Impusle cannon will depleat the generator in two or three shots. Could you get master to look my suit over, bacause I cant fine him. Don't ask.

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:55 pm

Actually I believe the Agni Impulse cannon is on par with the Tallgeese III's cannon or perhaps weaker. The Mega Cannon on the T3 was able to destroy MO-III while the Agni Impulse Cannon only ripped a hole through a colony.

The main suit is fine and now that the generator problem is fixed I can give you a price. Master isn't online right now, but if I do see him on I'll ask him about the different packs.

I'll post up a price in a bit gotta go look at what things cost cause I don't have those on the top of my head.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Approved.

Breakdown:
Dual Vulcan Gun: 50,000
Standard Cockpit: 50,000
Base Suit: 500,000
5000KW Lithium Ion Cell: 525,000
Beam Rifle: 150,000
2x Knives - 70,000 (35000 is about a 3rd of what a heat shortel costs. The knives I'm guessing are about a 3rd of the size of a heat shortel. This is the only comparable weapon to the W universe.)
Neo-Titanium Alloy: 250,000
2x Sub-Thrusters: 150,000

Total: 1,745,000

-
Note: Technically only Vernier thrusters are supposed to be used on Mobile suits. However, due to the fact that the Strike from Seed isn't supposed to really have alot of power in it's thrusters and only for very brief jumps, I let it slide.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:03 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK FUCKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:07 pm

Just know you'll be severly limited using those sub thrusters. A Leo can out manuever you, can defend against your beam rifle with it's shield, and has a distance advantage in close range combat since it has beam sabers.

If I sitll had my admin powers I'd ad it to the shop list but you'll need to wait for Sin or Master to add it.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:52 pm

FutureKiyoshi wrote:Approved.
Note: Technically only Vernier thrusters are supposed to be used on Mobile suits.

We've kinda altered the rules about that here. Eric has most of the thrusters and has them tagged for Mobile Suits in the long-descriptions, so we all actually let it slide when something other than Vernier are used on a Mobile Suit.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:44 pm

so is it in the shop yet?
Also, is it ok if I put the strike packs in now?

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Dont know if master or sin have added it, cause I can't since I'm no longer an admin. Do you have the money for the strike packs or one of them at least? Or do you mean put up the strike packs for approval?

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:13 am

If I can put the pack up for approval yet.

Zanza
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:40 am

Go ahead. Don't see why not.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!