Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Gears of War

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Re: Gears of War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm

He walked slowely folowing the others through the cold street. The clouds were gathering over head and were turning grey. Most of the buildings had chunks out of them from years of war. The ground felt soft easy for the locust too come up. He gripped his gun tight and breathed slowely. The locust had taken his family hiden anger was buiding up inside him. He smiled under his mask has he rememberd the night before more clearly. The air was cool and still and his helmet made a small muzzeld sound as he breathed. He still thought he hadnt fired a round yet it was realy starting too piss him off. He looked left and right scaning the buildings for locust as they slowly truged on. He could here a faint sound of hissing coming through allys but he told himself it was the wind. After a few minuits he started to feel the pitter patter of rain getting heavier and heavier on his armour. The smell of the dead stranded still filled the air and he ran his finger along his chainsaw.

He looked right and then left again scaning the buildings ounce more. In the corner of his eyes he spoted a big figure it looked like it was wearing robes. He saw it start to spin a small object round and then lauunch it high intop the air. I mid flight he saw it start to leak red smoke and act as a beacon. With out thinkin he slamed the but of his lancer into his shoulder and he aimed up at the figure. He fliked the safty off and squeezed the trigger slowely. The thryll shot through him fast and he released the trigger. He watched the figure fall off the building and land in the street. He lowerd his rifle and turned round to see three quades of locust drones runing towards them firing there guns. "Take cover" He shouted and dived behind a old broken van. He herd the bullets hit the van and the clinking of there armour. He leaned round the edge of the van ands tarted shooting at diffrent locust hitting each one acuratly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OIL
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Fri May 25, 2007 10:35 am

His squad had actually reacted to the threat. They were all covering each other and battle prone. Zeph was pulling his triger like a maniac.
Sgt Hawk dived for cover behind a wall. The bullets were ricocheting off the bricks and landing elsewhere, every so often they could hear the ping of metal or smash of glass.
Hawk fired his lancer , non stop for at least 3 minutes. The muzzle on the gun was literally emitting grey smoke. He layed it to the side to let it cool down and launched a grenade into one of the nearby houses. He ducked to the floor as an unusually large explosion filled the scene. Rubble , gas and heat filled the streets. The building was an old Gas storage facility.
e peered around the wall and noticed several Theron Guards diving out fo the house , their grey skin bubbling with heat. He smiled grimly.
He felt the tip of his Lancer and realised it had more than cooled down. He slipped out the old clip and loaded in a fresh magazine. He flicked the semi-auto switch on and fired round the wall . Thud! Thud! Thu-thud! The bullets were lodging in the bodies of the locust.
Soon they were all dead and the grub hole was filled. Hawk signalled his squad did well with a simple nod.
He wiped the sweat and dirty from his face and continued walking on...
A wise man doesn't need advice and a fool refuses to take it...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selik
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:57 am

A theron guard walked out of a building, holding a bow in his hands. One lone shot rung out, blowing it's head open, behind him, a man in cog armor, with a helmet, stood behind with a magnum. He picked up the bow, walking toward the squad. "I thought I would never get any help, I've been pinned down by locast for hours. They weren't too bright, all I hade was this gun, and a room full of propane tanks. Could you spare some magnum ammo?"
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:55 am

He looked at the stranger as he walked clooser to the squad. It was strange he couldnt remember this guy from the academy. He looked up to the sun it glared into his helmet it was getting clooser to night fall. He heard the faint sound of kryll starting to wake up. He looked over to hawk "hey hawk i think we shuld rely get sum lights up or find sum shelter eh?" he shouted. He then turned from hawk and walked up to the new guy. As he walked he swung his lancer up onto his back and took a deep breth. He stoped infront of the guy and unclipid the rest of ammo he had. "Here you go think of it as a gift." he spoke. He passed him the ammo then turned round and walked bak to hawk.

OIL
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 am

"I'm glad you offered, but I don't have a lancer. Ijust pick up some locast guns." He picked up the remnants of a locast drone, and took his gun and ammo off his lifeless torso. "Look, the kryll are coming. I suggest we go in that building." Pointing to the one opposite the one he was in. "It has no way for kryll to get in, and plenty of lights. But first-" he shot a nearby propane tank inbetween the buildings " One of you needs to double-time with me through that one and grab some more of those tanks, we might need them"

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Zeph watched his squad move into the building as he stood there and took a deep breth. "hmm looks like its me" he grumbled. He started to jog into the dark corridor in the faint glow of the propane. He turned around and looked to the stranger and signaled for him too come. he turned again and carried on jogging the kryll were getting louder he could hear them. He jogged on a bit and could here the stranger folowing. the area looked clear but somthing wasnt rite....

OIL
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:50 pm

"Wait, around that corner, the roof is gone. I'm going to sprint across, and roll a tank out. The second it's visable, you need to shoot it, if you don't, I'm dead." He pulled his new squadmate out enough to watch him go, then made a mad dash for the tanks. He rolled to the ground, and tossed a tank out.....

Walter Barrecks
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.