Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) »

Assassin's Pledge: War of Attrition

General discussion

a part of “Assassin's Pledge: War of Attrition”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

The Assassins of Te'i Sai have begun to move, and the land is drenched in blood. Do you have what it takes to survive this epic battle of stealth, power and deceit?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Assassin's Pledge: War of Attrition”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] General discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Hello everyone.

There is a "Character Profile" section of the OOC and I would like all profiles to be put up in that section.

Thank you.

If you have any questions about the RP please don't hesitate to ask.
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: [OOC] General discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessUndying on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 pm

ImageImage

Birth Name: Haku Yukimura
Character Alias (If applicable): Haku
Written appearance: Haku wears the exact clothes above, except they are White, and the parts that are beige are Red. The robes he is wearing fall to his feet, and he wears Shinobi Tabi. He has a white Katana strapped to his waist, and hidden pockets filled with poisoned Needles all over his body. His face too is in a picture above, except he has
Sex: Male, Despite his feminine appearance.
Home Nation:
Current Location/Residence: He lives in a small Pagoda Style house in a Forest close to Cre'Est
Height: 5'5 Feet
Weight: 95 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Complexion: Pale Whiite
Body Type: Slender
Blood Type: A Positive
Fighting Style (*Hard or Soft?): Soft i suppose. He focuses on doging and then using Acupuncture to his advantage.
Adaptability Ratio**: Very High. If he were in a fight and someone were to pull out an extreme weapon, he would quickly adapt to fighting it. Maybe an 8 Out of 10
Personality: Haku was a good-natured, compliant, and eager shinobi, believing that a person becomes truly strong when they have someone important to protect. Despite his talent for battle, and incredible abilities, Haku disliked needing to kill others in his role as a tool, and avoided doing so whenever possible. When forced to face an opponent, Haku did all that he could to avoid inflicting great harm, even putting them into a death-like state to prevent them from fighting further, Despite this, however. He is an Assassin, and sometimes is able to push past his weakness and kill.
Quirks: His mask and overly feminine appearance.
Dislikes: Noise, War, Pain, Having no purpose.
Special Talents/Skills: He has a skill for evading and countering. He uses these needles hidden in different parts of his clothing to wound and kill enemies.
Weapon/s of Choice: Needles, White Katana.
Weapon/s of Last Resort: Senbon Poisoned Needles.
Weapons you avoid: Maces, Hammers and anything of the sort.
Weapon/Training History: He has undergone Mental Training more than anything. He has learned how to fight and evade from living on the streets as a child. He does Acupuncture as a hobby, so that adds to his Senbon arts, and it's just common knowledge in his family to know how to fight with a sword.
Biography: Orphaned, Haku became a child who was wanted by no one and was forced to take to the cold streets and rummage through trash bins for scraps of food, even sometimes having to fight off the wild dogs that roamed the streets. In time, he was confronted by Zabuza Momochi, a man who had "the same eyes" as him. Zabuza later asked Haku to become his "weapon," which meant to become a dedicated shinobi for Zabuza. Haku readily accepted this role, due to the purpose it gave him, and devoting his life to becoming the ultimate tool for Zabuza to use. Zabuza then trained Haku in the ways of the shinobi, as well as every fighting technique that he knew.

Eventually, Zabuza died of Ilness, and left Haku on his own. For three years he has been searching for a purpose, and being a Tool - A weapon in the war could be his purpose.
I guess that makes me the LUCKY one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarknessUndying
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] General discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby foreverxraining on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:32 pm

EDIT: Reposted in the character sheets thread
WILL NOT BE ON FOR A FEW DAYS...

foreverxraining
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: General discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 pm

How does dialogue in an RP like this work?

Kaede021
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Literally back and forth, taking care to include as much detail as you can about interpretation of what is said and including any changes in body language or tone of voice that you can detect. But yes, since it's currently a 1x1 RP until I can get some new characters, feel free to continue on as you have been, and treat Shadow as an NPC. When I respond, I will do the same.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Accidentally double posted, my bad.

Kaede021
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Find anyone else yet?

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:45 am

Unfortunately no. I've asked a few other people I'm rping with in another one to join but as far as I know they don't want to and I'm running out of people.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Any of the folks from the first Assassin's Pledge still around? Would they be interested in a second round? No offense intended, I just think that a few more people would help the story develop a bit. Especially if they're as good as you.

By the way, I thought I'd ask: Is there any tips you could give me? I can't really tell if I'm doing well or poorly. It's all sort of new to me.

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 am

The old AP crew are too busy with life to get involved (that and there's one I don't want involved because they kind of killed the first one anyway). So yeah, no luck there but I'll keep looking.

I'll be honest with you, I thought you were pulling my leg when you said you were new to this. You're a fantastic writer from what I can tell, and are a much better RPer than a lot of others I've been involved with. So just keep doing what you've been doing because it's really great stuff and I'm very pleased with how you've handled yourself and your character.

I don't have any advice for you but I do have a request: When you use Shadow's words in your post, put them in italics. This tells me that the words are not those of your character, though do be careful because any inner thoughts of your character should be in italics as well. The only thing that distinguishes them are the quotation marks that go around quotes.

Anyway, thumbs up!
Last edited by KumoriRyuu on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:50 am

I would adhere to that, but the problem lies within what's available to me, rather than what I can remember to do. As of late, I've been typing these out on my mobile, being thrown between houses like a ball in a battery. I can see what's possible, but most of what I post is unedited and spawned from my notes section on my Ipod, which doesn't offer much beyond a rudimentary keyboard set-up.

Like I said though, I'll see what I can do. If nothing else, I'll find a word-esque app and use that.

...and if you don't mind me asking, who derailed the old RP and how?

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey, sorry for holding it up! I've been busy all weekend, but I'll post later tonight.

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:54 am

It's not a problem. I can't expect you to post every single day, you know. You have a life to live and I don't expect you to change it just for the sake of something as simple as this.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:35 pm

I'm going to be away for a few days. Sorry for the trouble.

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm

This is still alive, right?

MaxStokes
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm

It is, just stalled until Kaede comes back.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Excellent news MaxStokes.

I sent a pm to Kaede so I hope to have an answer to the question soon and I apologize for the hold up. When we have this sorted out I'll give up an update on what we're going to do to continue.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NemuiTeru on Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 am

Noted.
Sleepy Teru is sleepy. Yes.

NemuiTeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Okay, it's been twelve days since Kaede was online so I have to assume that something extreme is keeping her away. I will still give her the benefit of the doubt and the chance to catch up later, but for now I am going to continue the RP.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaede021 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm really REALLY sorry.

I won't go into the boring details, but I've had a pretty effin' hectic past few weeks. Between visits to my dementia ridden grandparents, school finals, out-of-town trips, and computer problems; I've been swamped. I should've taken the time to of sent you at least a message explaining my absense, but I couldn't find much time to do it...and I felt pretty guilty.

Again, sorry.

Kaede021
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!