Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Of the Pagelings

General Info/FAQ

a part of “Of the Pagelings”, a fictional universe by Beach-Born-Boy.

Beings born from the thoughts and feeling behind stories, evil motives to exploit their power, a slowly dying race and the fate of the world all at stake as pairs and trios work towards a common goal without realizing it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Of the Pagelings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

General Info/FAQ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 pm

If you have a question, ask it here and I'll answer it as best I can!

General Info:

Pagelings:

-Pagelings are completely unaware of what they are until they either accidentally activate their abilities (through stress, emotions etc.) or are convinced by someone who knows what they are, be it Guardian or Fallen. Until they realize what they are, they go about their lives as normal people.

-All Pagelings can use Papercraft but most need heavy training to master it.

-Pagelings are born from the emotions and thoughts that a story causes. That being said, the more powerful thoughts and emotions behind a story, the more powerful the Pageling is so something along the lines of a J.R.R Tolkien book would create a very powerful Pageling.

-When Pagelings die, their entire existence is erased from everything besides the Guardians' memories. These are left to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Guardians:

-Guardians can be born into their line of work, or picked from every day people. It doesn't matter which because both types are simply humans that have undergone vigorous training.

-Guardians are assigned a Pageling to protect, or "ward", on their sixteenth birthday so the characters must be at least sixteen.

-Guardians are normally the same age as their ward appears. This means that if a Pageling appears to be eighteen, their Guardian will normally be someone of the same age.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH CHARACTER ABILITIES, TRY HERE.

FAQ

Q: I'm going to make a Pageling but what do you mean when you say that Pagelings and Guardians must be opposite sex?
A: If a Pageling is a boy then their Guardian must be a girl or the other way around.

Q: Do we pick real books, make up our own, or either?
A: Really, since all you need is a genre to make a Pageling, a fake book will do fine but if you want desperately to put a book down and base the Pageling off of that book, then please use a real one.
Last edited by Beach-Born-Boy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: General Info/FAQ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockPolotics on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm going to make a pageling, if you don't mind, but, what do you mean when you say, that Pagelings and Guardians must be opposite sex?

Oh, and also, do we pick real books, make up our own, or either?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rockPolotics
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Just updated the main post but I'll put it here too. By opposite sex I mean if the Guardian is a boy, the Pageling must be a girl and the other way around. As for books, real ones are what I'd like but since you don't HAVE to put a title, it can be fake as long as it's a real genre of book.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Little Troll on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 am

Hello, I was wondering if I were to be able to create a pageling and a guardian. If it were alright with you?
~Trolling At Its Finest~

Little Troll
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 am

Sure just follow the CS and abilities and you'll be golden.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

HEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy Beachy :D

May I steals a Pageling (It sounds like a really cute bird x3)

And, also, do you choose which pageling goes with which Guardian?
Luck is a lot like Fairies
~*~If you believe in it, then it's more likely to be real ~*~

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am

Infinite spots Lucky, have at it. And you can request who to have as a Guardian but otherwise it'll be random pairings.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 am

Cool bbbz :D I may just have to wait to see what other kind of Guardians there are x3

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:39 am

Well go ahead and submit. You can either ask to wait or get stuck with a random Guardian (which at this time means me.)

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Uhm, Beachy, you know they can make weapons out of paper and shizz? Well, can my one make guns? She's based from an action movie, and is going to be one BAMF xD

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Well I'd rather keep it to melee weapons but if you feel that guns will fit, they will be fairly toned down so no one shot kills obviously. And as long as there's a literature adaption for the movie you're fine. I feel that books would be better because the finished product is all on paper and Paper, Papercraft, Pagelings, ya know?

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, I've based her on an anime/manga which is still a book and stuff... does that count?

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

I'll let it slide for now, but for the future I'd like more along the lines of novels.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The*Lucky*Teacup on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:41 pm

If I find a novel that involves a girl like Levi, I'll change it ^-^

The*Lucky*Teacup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:44 pm

All right you're fine on that point for now though. Now do you want to wait to be paired or just go along with me?

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockPolotics on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Uh, if you don't mind me asking, why do we need girl-boy? I mean, it seems like kind of a useless rule to me...

rockPolotics
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:01 pm

I fwel it adds tension. Most guys have the same thought process as other guys in the same situation, so it will probably cause some arguments and fun points in the story when a guy and girl are forced into the same situation together.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockPolotics on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Hmm, alright then.

rockPolotics
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Rock I love your character. Reminds me of Raphael from Soul Calibur. My only issue though is what kind of paper craft does he use? Other than that he looks good.

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockPolotics on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Oh, I thought we find that out later? I mean, it feels weird to put something there that even he doesn't know. Well, whatever, I'll put something in.

rockPolotics
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!