Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Gentle Paradise - }{G Retaliation

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Gentle Paradise - }{G Retaliation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 pm

A heavily taped hand attempted to wrap it's broken fingers around the edge of the velvet curtain to push it back. The battered form of a man stepped outwards from the shield of the curtain, out of normal attire he stands in a pair of faded jeans with tape wrapped about his midsection, an occasional spot of blood having seeped through their white restraint.

The figure limped towards the oak podium before him, the pace of his walk slow enough to not cause any unneccessary pain.

Ladies and Gentlemen, i'm not here to sway your opinions. I'm here to sway your spirit in an attempt to make it rise up and claim the former glory that it once weilded. The time for words has ended, now is the moment for the blades to sing through the air. This is the time....for rebirth.

Our families and friends depend on each of us, as we depend on them, to guide us down this road. Hoping and praying that we'll find salvation at the end. Yet, salvation will not be discovered at this retreat. No no, my good friends, at this road, there is a fork. We must decide which route will be our best. My choice has already been made present, and I hope that you'll continue down this road with me as well.

If you rise with me, victory is in our grasp. The threats of Zechs Marquise have finally struck a chord. They threaten not only our homes, but our ways of life.

My friends, all I ask is that you rally with me. Follow me to meet this threat on the battlefield, at the front lines. We will prove to this threat that the Colonies are nothing to be challenged! We shall show that the Colonies have not yet leaped to bite, they've only barred their teeth!

Rise with me to silence this breath that attempts to extinguish the flame that we call life!

Please, visit the recruitment office so that we may be able to spearhead this attempt to dismember our Paradise! That our euphoria will not be easily destroyed!

Colonists, rally with me!


A raising of the bandaged hand was greeted with the cheers of the people his words reached. His own heart warmed by their show of support with his decisions, the figure turned to exit the stage, stepping back through the velvet curtain.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:45 pm

The clicking of his heels echoed off the wall as he made his way down the street. Some time to himself and away from the office would be good, due to his recent adventures. His thoughts could help but return to the man he'd arrested, something strange about him that he couldn't quite place his finger on. His attention is snapped back to reality by two teens passing on the street, discussing their plans to head to the recruitment office.

Heh, kids.

He shook his head gently with a chuckle as he continues down the street, his comm soon to announce the trouble arising from L2...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:49 pm

He raised upwards in the bed, his legs swinging off to the side of the soft sheets.He placed each foot against the floor before pushing himself upwards from the bed, his arms stretching over his head as he yawns. His hand then extended over to the dresser, grabbing a cigarette and a lighter. After a gentle puff smoke billows from his mouth as he makes his way into his office and over to his desk, taking a seat.

A few types against the keyboard pulls up the sattelite feed of outside Colony L2, playing throught the events he'd missed during his rather long slumber. He watches the ensuing battle as he leans back in the comforts of his chair, continuously puffing away.


Well, looks like I missed all the fun.

He switches off the feed and begins another, locating the Mercurius suit and it's whereabouts.

North America...?

A few more clicks of the keyboard and a live sattelite feed comes up on his screen, watching as Zhelir advances on a transport ship carrying a heavily damaged mobile suit.....the same one from the earlier feed. Several more clicks opens up a comm link with Zhelir's suit, mainly jus' to send a message instead of carrying on a conversation.

Hope ya' enjoy yourself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:38 pm

He walks among the three transport ships, giving a brief inspection over them and their occupants. He stops infront of a rather shaky soldier, his right brow arching lightly.

Ay man, you alright?

Soldier - Uhh....yes sir, it's just that....I haven't ever been in a battle, only simulations....

Don't worry 'bout it man, you'll do great, i'm sure. 'Sides, we aint even sure we gotta' go.

He reaches outwards to pat the shaky man on the shoulder with a nod before turning to walk away. His eyes then raise over the Neo-titanium mobile suit before him, a smile crossing his lips.

Well, it aint exactly DSX, but it'll work.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:10 am

He listens to the words comming across the comm link in his ear, smirking as it's confirmed.

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, LOAD UP!

The echos of their feet echoing off the steel walls only widened his smile as they began to pile into their ships an suits. He then made his way over to the Leo to move into the cockpit. He types across the keyboard, the cockpit door closing before him. His suit soon settles into the shuttle as he leans back in the seat, closing his eyes.

Far too long...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:11 pm

The return to L5 had seem shorter than usual, or maybe it was because he'd slept so much..It didn't really matter, he was finally home. As usual, after any battle, the Leo was now put into repairs, as well as his heavily damaged Dober Gun. His movement from the ship to the limo was quick, as well as the drive back to the office.

Greeter - Welcome back Mr. Wind, I hope the battle went well.

A raise of his hand in a wave signaled the answer ashe stepped into the elevator, almost falling back asleep instantly. He fell back against a wall of the elevator, shaking his head lightly as he attempted to gather his thoughts.

Another battle won, yet at what cost? Bleh, ever battle looses soldiers, and we didn't loose that many. Still though, someone's not comin' home..

A gentle ding signaled his arrival on the designated floor. He shoved himself forwards from the wall to make his way down the corridor that seemed to be more and more beautiful with each arrival. His right hand reached outwards to slide against the engravings in the wood as he neared his office. His right hand raised once more, waving to the secretary as he steps into his office.

The office seemed so....corporate...but it didn't matter, it was home for now. A few steps towards the desk and he was there, typing at the computer to send a message out to his subordinates.

Make sure that all families of the deceased pilots are well taken care of.

After his message he fell back into the plush leather chair at his back. He leaned his head back against it's rest as he propped both feet up atop of the desk, his eyes closing to slip off into slumber once more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightedMelody on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:54 am

Heels clicking they echoed about, bouncing from the walls of the small hallway. Fingers popping a set of gray optics opened, watching her own feet. Melody was dressed in her normal attire a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt with a smart phrase upon it and a pair of old however comfortable sneakers. Shaking her head a moment her attention was caught passing a particular window. "Sleeping again.."

Letting a small chuckle escape her lips she placed a small envelope on the Secretary's desk then slipped to the door. Tap, tap. The sound her knuckles made always seemed to send a chill down her spine. Without waiting for an answer, doubtful of getting one, she slipped inside and closed the door with a soft thud. "Wakey Wakey.."

Shifting over to the other side of the desk she stared then lifted the man's feet and pushed them over slightly. Sitting on the desk her head rested in her hand. Poking his shins her eyes narrowed, face growing an annoyed tone within her features.

"Boss Man...Wake up."

Growling lowly when she still recieved no answer she stood taking drastic, yet fun nonetheless, measures. Pulling her hand back she hit the man across the head, brow twitching slowly. This man could sleep through anything...
"Mr. Wind....WAKE UP!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
TwilightedMelody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:01 am

The sounds of clicking heels was enough to rouse him from his sleep, yet he decided he'd play with this one a bit. He'd received no announcement from his secretary....it might've been an assailant...

Voice - "Wakey Wakey.."

Strange for someone to announce theirself such as this. His right eye opened slowly to glance outwards to the one advancing, keeping it hidden by barely opening it. Suddenly his feet are moved aside, thus the closing of his eye once more. He attempted not to smirk as she began to speak once more.

Voice - "Boss Man...Wake up."

The incoming hit against his head was enough to send him falling back in his chair as her last sentance escapes her lips.

THE HELL!?!?

He leaps back upwards, eyeing the female now sitting atop of his desk...

Was that really called for?!?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightedMelody on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:46 am

Laughing she stared, head shaking a bit as he fell back. When he yelled she jerked up, glaring then replied "Yes for a matter of fact it was called for!! Why?! I have no idea!!"
Throwing her arms up she took a breath then looked back down once more. "Now...if you wouldn't mind be half of a gentlemen you wouldn't yell at a lady!" Glaring a moment more she settled back ontop of the desk, watching the man a moment.

"My name is Melody I am your assistant..and guess what you are stuck with me....so there."

Smiling her head tilted, then she wiggled a finger in a matter-of-factly way before standing once more. "By the way...didn't you have a meeting or soemthing to attend? At least that's soemthig I heard...wouldn't do you much good to be late now."
Nodding she closed the door then walked to the chair beside the Secretary's desk, sinking into it as a breath was inhaled.

"That's one I'll have to get use to..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
TwilightedMelody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:52 pm

He stood there for a minute, listening and still kind of in awe from being struck....BY ONE OF HIS OWN EMPLOYEES! He then shook his head as she made a quick exit out the door...He reaches upwards to lightly scratch his head as he attempts to figure this one out....

Ehh......That was new...

He retakes his seat before accessing the news...MO-V, anarchy? A single form caught his eye through the newsfeed....That of the man he'd spoke to earlier...He then buzzed through to the secretary.

Tell me new..."Assistant" that I want the reports of all shuttles that left MO-V right after the attacks and I wanna' know where they were headed.

He cancels the feed and the conversation with the secretary as he leans his head back against the rest of his chair.....Assistant..?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightedMelody on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:06 pm

"Yeah yeah.." Pushing herself up she yawned, stretching once more. Thinking a moment...where would she look for those? Shrugging her hands folded behind her head, heading out into the hallway. The records room possibly...no, the database.

Grinning she rounded a corner, passing the window once more. Glancing to her right she stared, blinking. "Lazy.." Brows twitching she rounded the corner once more, ducking into an office. Shutting the door with her heel Melody sat on a chair, rolling over and behind the desk. Flicking the computer on her hands folded, head resting upon them.

What had she gotten herself it? Sure she had applied...but she hadn't expected getting the job. Hearing a small ting her head jerked, fingers typing in a password slowly. Pulling a pair of glasses from her pocket she slipped them on he nose, clicking on an icon. Puling up a page her eyes skimmed over, shuttle records..it was always the things she had to think about to get.

"Ah well..."

Taking a breath she started typing, hacking was something she was good at. After a few moments she stopped, thinking of something that would be a password...what would the manager use? Typing once more she smiled when the records opened with a small ting. "After the attacks...there they are."

Skimming over them she smiled then started printing them off, seven pages wouldn't take too long...unless the printer jammed. Smiling when they finished she pushed herself then grabbed a highlighter. Runing the blue ink over a few things she nodded, heading for the door. All in all it had taken her about thirty minutes...she needed to wrok on that.

Pushing the glasses farther up her nose she rounded the corners once more. Waving softly to teh woman behind the desk she grabbed the door, pushing it opening lightly. "I found a few things...highlighted ones you might be interested in." Placing the papers on his desk she lifted her hand as if she were going to salute but did a small wave. "Yell if you need anything else."

With that she slipped out just as quickly as she had entered, heading back to her office. Maybe she could get some 'work' done. After a few moments she pushed her door open, closing it then settled herself behind the desk. Exiting froma few things she pulled up a new's broadcast. Blinking she grabbed a book and cracked it open, and partly listened to the broadcast, partly reading.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
TwilightedMelody
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:56 pm

A buzz from the secretary signaled her entrance. She walked directly up to the desk with shifted paperwork, the highlights already noted.

Secretary - "Here's that shuttle report you asked for."

He nods lightly before leaning forwards to dig through the work, searching for a certain name. Suddenly it was there, Zachary Rendar. It seems the shuttle he'd been on had been on it's way to L5 yet was stopped by a civilan ship.

Well well, we can't have that..

He accessed his computer, typing lightly against the keyboard to announce a search of atmosphere of the Earth and the Colonies for this civilian ship. It was to be taken under Colonial control and returned to L5. He then layed back in his seat, smirking lightly as his plans would soon be coming into action if all had went well with the capture.

He then opened a direct comm to Melody's office line. He watches as her face appears on the screen before him.

One more thing, if this ship is found, i'd like for you to head up the operation. It'll be....a sort of initiation, to see if you're good enough for this job. When the ship is found, you'll have a group of nine Taurus at your disposal and I hope there'll be no useless bloodshed. The main objective is to capture the one known as Zachary Rendar, alive and well. I would like the ship and all of it's contents unharmed as well, but I know some things can be...trifling. Do what'cha' gotta'.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:41 pm

He sits there for a moment before opening another line to the head mechanic.

I want four extra Taurus to go with the group that will be pursuing the ship, jus' incase.

Mechanic - "Yes sir, we'll handle it!"

He lights up a cigarette as he cust the feed. This would have to be the best thing to do, you'd never know what people could always be hiding. It was obvious of the ships weapons, and that they'd definantly be put to use against the group advancing. This was the best thing, a flawless precaution, hopefully..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:50 pm

The punctual tick of the wall clock increasingly became louder within the creme colored walls of the front office as an elongated sigh escaped her crimson lips. The monotonous woman at the front desk continued to jab at the keys of her keyboard, her eyes flying across the screen as she audibly chewed on a piece of gum for what seemed to be hours. Mia was proped up on a metal chair with her elbows supporting her and her legs lazily crossed while facing the front desk. Her long black hair with red and speckled golden highlights framed her face as she glanced at the clock.

I swear to fucking God, if I'm here for another minute with this woman--

As if the woman had read her mind, Mia saw her press an intercom button and heard her speak out loud.

Front Desk Woman- "Sir, there's a medical personnel from Sigma Phi here to see you for an interview."

She passed a pseudo smile to the woman behind the desk. Momentarily glancing at the clock, she thought back on her last project, wondering if it was best if she hadn't terminated it. She knew it was going to be a difficult project from the beginning, trying to alter bone structure to suit the demanding military expectations. It was possible, but getting test subjects became expensive and more and more people were losing interest in the voluntary field.

What the hell could be taking him so long?! she thought to herself.

She shifted in her chair, wearing a white body suit with black linings and a silver Sigma Phi badge pinned on to it.
Image

Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:38 pm

The intercom drove him out of his daze, reporting that there was someone here to meet him. He placed his right hand against the button to open the link once more.

Send 'er in.

A simple flick would end the feed as he leaned back once more, yawning softly. His eyes shifted to the door as he waited for the newest arrival.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:05 am

She shot up once she heard his voice. Bringing her arms up over her head, she stretches the upper part of her slender body.

Front Desk Woman- "Right away, Sir. Ma'am, his office is through those doors, down the corridor, left into another corridor, through the third door to your right, down that corridor until you get to a large tribal antique vase onto which you will turn left into a blue hallway, and into the door in the far end."

She stood there, wide-eyed for a moment, wondering if the woman behind the desk was joking. After a brief and awkward moment of silence, she came to the conclusion that the woman indeed in fact was telling the truth. So with a curt nod, she disappeared behind the door, entering a darkened corridor.


Take a what, with a where!?

Turning a random corner she paces steadily, her eyes peering out from one side of the corridor to the other.

Riiiiight--

Quickly turning yet another corner without thinking she rammed into what felt like a wall and stumbled backwards trying to regain her balance. Her eyes coming back into focus, she glanced at what she crashed into and in front of her stood a tall man.

Goodness, I'm sorry!! Excuse me Sir, but would you happen to know where the office of Mr. Wind is? she blurts out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:09 am

He glances down towards the fallen form before him. Her question brought a smirk to his lips.

Woman - "Goodness, I'm sorry!! Excuse me Sir, but would you happen to know where the office of Mr. Wind is?"

He leaned back a bit as he watches her on the floor. He removes his hands from his pockets as he crouches down to extend his right hand towards her.

Well, you found 'im.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:16 am

Taking his offered hand, she pulls herself up while dusting herself off in the process. Still holding his hand, she gives it a firm squeeze and shake.

Mia Siserae, Sigma Phi Medical personnel of the Zeta chapter and you were just leaving?

She asked a bit worried and afraid that she would have to wait and go through another waiting session with the talking fossil woman behind the front desk.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:20 am

He uses the hand to tug her upwards, soon accompanied by a shake as well. He then brings it upwards to tip the cowboy hat towards her as she speaks.

Well, it's really nice to meet'cha' an yes, I was jus' leavin'. An i'm not really sure i'm the person you should be talkin' to. If it's somethin' pertainin' to the colonies then it aint my problem no more. Anyways, it's been grand, so take it easy an nice to meet'cha'

He begins to walk past her, taking a sign as he begins to exit this building for the last time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:32 am

Wind- "Well, it's really nice to meet'cha' an yes, I was jus' leavin'. An i'm not really sure i'm the person you should be talkin' to. If it's somethin' pertainin' to the colonies then it aint my problem no more. Anyways, it's been grand, so take it easy an nice to meet'cha'"

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. After what seemed to be an eternity of waiting with the only woman that ever out lived the dinosaurs, and a labyrinth of trying to find his office, he decided it was the perfect time to leave.

Now wait just a minute! What do you mean it's not your problem anymore!?

This past week hasn't been very pleasant for her. It was only two days ago that she had arrived into the L5 colony, so jet lag getting the best of her left her in the worst of moods. And on top of that, as all women have to endure--probably an exception to the old bat behind the front desk--she was in the middle of her monthly, which shortened her fuse by 9/10ths.


The hell it is, I'm going to make this your problem!! Now just where do you think you're going, cowboy?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests