Ghalerion?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Ghalerion?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 am

Ghalerion is a vast world comprised of seven major countries, three currently occupied by rulers, the countries of Ghale, Tensoku, and Calismus. Ghale is a home to legions of Adventurers and Daredevils alike. In these times of recovering chaos, the people of Ghale are without a ruler and anarchy is rising throughout the streets. Tensoku remains Ghalerion's only currently peaceful country, ruled by a humble and giving nobility that have been trained in the ancient arts of magic so as to protect their citizens. Calismus is currently Ghalerion's dominating power, ruled by a vicious war-mongering monarchy searching perpetually for more power.

And in spite of these times, there are uprisings about throughout the world. Tribes from the unidentified countries are quickly gaining strength and amassing their primitive forces. The deities above have become slack in their watchful duties and the people are beginning to lose faith. At the heart of all this conflict are the people. The people who have a choice left to them: to save Ghalerion or let it fall to pieces before their very eyes.

Ghalerion is home to people of all types, all genders, all creeds and all classes, creating a diverse world capable of producing adventure, mystery, intrigue, and anything else within the realm of your imagination. Critical to this world is an extensive cast of players that help to retell Ghalerion's history while simultaneously shaping their own. In Ghalerion, one can stake their claim, build their legacy, and play an integral part in the history that we create. Roleplayers of all types and competent skill levels are welcome to join and help to shape the very world itself!

/uber-lame-intro-that-is-now-seven-years-old.

So there's this neat little subforum nestled in the fantasy section that has been dead for quite awhile now since I last left, but I'm contemplating whether or not it's worth bringing it back from the dead, so I guess I'm conducting a preliminary interest check to see if it'd be worthwhile. For those unaware, I am talking about my fantasy world-based roleplay, Ghalerion.

First, a few things Ghalerion is:

• An entire world with a wealth of races, locations, and faiths, complete with a rich history
  • A realm in which you can situate your own storylines in their own entirely separate IC threads if you wish, so long as you remain within the constraints (Read: Races, countries, cities, religions, etc.) of the Ghalerion world and don't contradict any other ongoing storylines (If you're familiar with the multiverse, compare it to the running storylines in that)
  • Open to anyone provided they have no problems applying with a writing sample and are capable of writing competently (Take a look at any of the IC threads in the Ghalerion forum for examples by the plenty - Particularly these three.)
  • A blend of both fantasy (Ranging up to the high) and realism (Think in terms of your favorite J-RPGs a la Final Fantasy if this makes no sense)
  • Open to both fine-grained (Individual characters) and coarse-grained (Larger scale, nation-based) roleplaying.
  • Awesome with the help of great players.

And a few things Ghalerion is not:

• Situated on Earth or in any way related to this universe. Meaning religions, races, and other sorts of concepts like that from our real world do not exist in Ghalerion. You can, however, create parallels to these sort of things if you're willing to do it right.
  • A roleplay involving (most) modern technology (Note there are ways around this, again provided it is done right)
  • A roleplay which requires you to read every bit of the ridiculous amount of stuff I wrote for it three years ago. Some players like to fully immerse themselves in the world and its fantastical myths, others just like to pick a race, a location, make a character, and start playing. I go into this assuming you guys are smart players and capable doing either.
  • Limited to just forum or just chat or just one thread or even just one forum or limited to any medium, really. So long as consistency is maintained across the realms in which it is played, it is open to all channels.

A few things you'll probably like about it:

• It's never too late to join in, whether that means jumping into an ongoing story or starting your own story placed in the world. To make this even easier, since the beginning we have taken an approach of writing weekly synopses of the action so that joining in months later takes one page of reading, not a hundred.
  • There's a fair amount of creative freedom - because Ghalerion, the world itself, is in its infancy conceptually, there is room to help write its own unfinished history either in playing directly or just submitting your own writings to be added to the Ghalerion canon.
  • If you like war, there's war. If you like taverns, we've got those, too. An academy? Check. Multinational conflicts? We've got 'em. Romance, adventure, intrigue, action, mystery, light-hearted comedy or slice-of-life stories, you name it and it likely exists in Ghalerion in some incarnation.
  • If you've got a big idea you'd like to bring to the story, I'm always ready and willing to try and work with you to make it happen.

If you're still interested having read all that, feel free to just glance at/skim a bit of the information from these reference links to see if it's the kind of thing you'd enjoy. Again, don't be intimidated by the enormous chunks of information there - it's all far from necessary reading. I'm still about 50-50 on whether or not I'd bring this back, but there's always a strong chance if the interest is there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ghalerion?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Oh yeees! Ghalerion FTW! You'd better do this revival malarky, Kouketsu.

I dunno what sorta writing example you want from me, so let me know when they become mandatory or some other such silliness. You already know exactly how I write.

But yeah, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:41 pm

I've heard a lot about Ghalerion from various parties, and from what I've heard I can certainly say I'd be very interested were it to start up again.

So yeah, interest expressed. =D
Image Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laylei on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Yes Yes Yes! :D

Laylei
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aethon on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Sounds like Final Fantasy, and I don't see any ban on using knights. I'd be interested.

Aethon
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm

How could you!

HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THIS AWESOME EPIC FANTASY ROLEPLAY YOU KNOW I LOVE.

/me dies.

Lamentations
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Your wife wants. Let it be so!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:32 pm

... you mean the first roleplay I ever saw on this sight? The image which still comes to mind when I think roleplay gateway, just because I was so stunned by the depth and ingenuity which I had never seen on any stretch of Internet before?

You mean the feeling of utter grief when I found it dead...

I must join this. I have to, I'd be insulting my bond to this website if I didn't... I saw that title and thought, "Oh, someone else wonders what happened to it"
but I find this...

The word Ghalerion itself just has this... reverberation! I remember writing it in every cipher I had created in my crazy childhood. I feel strangely complete to know that this old riverbed could feel new water...

Oran Tarlin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 pm

I don't have any fancy stars like everyone else here, but I did rate the topic first! I'm only now expressing written, posted interest, because if you were there - well, gee - I would want to be too! It'll be epic. Though, like you, it'll depend on work and our schedules. Congrats on hearing about when you're going to be starting your new job! I hope it doesn't affect this grand idea's outcome too much. :3 One of your biggest fans, Shayna

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Color me interested. I have heard others speak of the magnificence of this roleplay and this most definitely seems interesting.

Conumbra
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonusai on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 am

Sure. I've never done a nation roleplay before.
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Sonusai
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:55 am

Count me in as well for the rebirth of this roleplay

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 am

See, Kou? Tonnes of interest... 11 people is more than enough to get Ghalerion started up again and as it starts, you just know that more people will become interested. Then they'll join and stuff.

So, less indecisiveness and more starting of RPs. ;)

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 am

I might be interested, but... that would require me returning here. :P
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok so the better question is this, and I'm putting it out to everyone who's posted and would like to continue the story.

Where do we want to begin?

I'm in favor of picking up where we left off in the valley or starting a year or so after that point in time. I would like to keep playing Gent the Bellringer, if at all possible.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!