Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ghosts of the Grassland

Ghosts of the Grassland

a part of “Ghosts of the Grassland”, a fictional universe by Krypt.

The Serengeti. A place where the wild is still wild. Where beasts roam free, free from the persecution of man. But not free from persecution.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghosts of the Grassland”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ghosts of the Grassland

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Okay speaking of actors and voices! Has anyone noticed that every female actor even Megan fox and Angelina Jolie has a sweet voice. There are no scratchy rough sexy hoarse voices...What happened to the manly women? Oops maybe i should say the...Oh well I have no other description for that >.> but! My question standing in point! I like Olivia Wilde though.
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Hm...Sean Connery as an elephant. Made me think of his role in Dragonheart for some reason, maybe because a huge elephant is like a huge dragon.

As for manly women, uh, I never really thought about that question. Maybe I'll have an answer after a not so intense study of the issue.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Just thought that I would note the "intensity of a thousand white-hot suns" made me smile. Nice use of Shakespear. =D
Mow. :3

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm

William Krypt wrote:Hm...Sean Connery as an elephant. Made me think of his role in Dragonheart for some reason, maybe because a huge elephant is like a huge dragon.

Agreed thats kinda what inspired me, plus(not to play my own pipes) we Scots are without a doubt the manliest breed of folk around ;D.

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 pm

And sure Senior do you mean whining like snarky wife or conniving wench basically "Some king you are cant even take care of a few runt cats(Snarky)" or "But they make hunting so diffucult its not our fault its the cheetaaaahs <------whining conniving ), also i have another few ideas for charachters if anyone wants to play them

1) A baboon "Whitch doctor" type, possibly a medic for the cheetahs or lions.
2) A crocodile "Mob boss" sort of a 3rd faction who believe they truly run the waterhole even though they work for the lions or somethin like that.

Anyway there just ideas.

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Dogrodny wrote:Agreed thats kinda what inspired me, plus(not to play my own pipes) we Scots are without a doubt the manliest breed of folk around ;D.

If Scots are the manliest, Italians are the womanliest! ^-^

Also, baboon 'witch doctor'?? You mean RAFIKI?!? =DDD

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Wow, just had my Lion King obsession - er - facination, kick in when you mentioned that baboon. Anyway, that crocodile idea sounds plausable, just need someone to play a punk gangasta from the deep waters.

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby N!ghtmare Tra!n on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm really sorry, I can't keep up this roleplay with school going on!! I hope someone can take up Kenta, or even if I come back someday with more time on my hands.
Great roleplay, I hope it goes well, I'm sorry!!

N!ghtmare Tra!n
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Hmm...Well the lioness part I'm willing to do, Otherwise I dont know about croc's haha, and baboons?...Rafiki...Was awesome. He was like, the best baboon alive. I can do snarky or whiney either way. And aww.....Bye Kenta...Or nightmaretrain, either way you want it put.

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvenAngelsCry on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Bye N!ghtmare =[ You will be missed!
Who shall take on her character??

EvenAngelsCry
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Darn well we have four potential charachters open now (Sorry you gotta go Nightmare Train) and if you want the lioness Akantha then Ill take the croc (Totally gotta be voiced by James Gandolfini watch an episode of the Sopranos hes the mob boss) but i cant play a medic in two games so the Rafiki character somebody can have. Also we cant let Kenta die.

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Okay Dogrodny, I figure thats cool. I dont know what to say about the Kenta character though. I cant role play her. Plus I'm not one to feel much hate for other animals...Lions are pretty cool. Also Ill start making the Lion character soon if thats okay. The sooner the better they say. Anyways the Rafiki character is...Well yeah anyone's.

Akantha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Sorry we gotta lose you Nightmaretrain, you were a good poster. There goes our our 100% activity rate.
Anyway, I'll more than likely take on another character sooner or later, but I tend to like to focus on one character when I roleplay.

On a side note, thankyou to ViceVersus, who made this the featured roleplay of the week in the forum! Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out, I basically just reposted the intro there to see if I could get any more interested players.

frw-ghosts-the-grassland-t51113.html

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Nice! Go us!
By the way hows Don Juballa sound for my croc mob boss?

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:18 pm

It sounds good! Like a mob boss haha! Oh and yay us! I think its going to get busy in here soon... Oh well! The more the merrier I guess.

Akantha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 pm

William Krypt wrote:
On a side note, thankyou to ViceVersus, who made this the featured roleplay of the week in the forum! Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out, I basically just reposted the intro there to see if I could get any more interested players.

frw-ghosts-the-grassland-t51113.html

We could extend a hand of invitation to ViceVersus, Im rping with her in another story, Im sure she could play a few characters very well if shes interested, personally Im a fan she gave me a warm welcome when I first started.

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I was going to write a big thank you anyways, I'm sure throwing in an invitation won't hurt. And nice name for your gangsta, can't wait to see him typed up!

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Workin on it right now good sir give me a few and ill have a post up

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senior Citizen on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Dogrodny wrote:And sure Senior do you mean whining like snarky wife or conniving wench basically "Some king you are cant even take care of a few runt cats(Snarky)" or "But they make hunting so diffucult its not our fault its the cheetaaaahs <------whining conniving ), also i have another few ideas for charachters if anyone wants to play them

1) A baboon "Whitch doctor" type, possibly a medic for the cheetahs or lions.
2) A crocodile "Mob boss" sort of a 3rd faction who believe they truly run the waterhole even though they work for the lions or somethin like that.

Anyway there just ideas.

LOL! How about a combination of both, it would in a pattern like so. Lioness starts whining about how hard it is with the cheetahs getting in the way, gets angry starts insulting him questioning his competence Nguvu gets aggravated, she calms down and start whining and pleading again. You know so it shows how frustrated she is with the situation, but still respects him.

I love your ideas! I'd especially like it if someone played the baboon. I would personally prefer him as a true neutral, a which doctor who kindly shares his wisdom and medical knowledge with all that need it. He can see the rights and wrongs on both sides. (Yeah I know the lions have more wrongs).

The croc could be an interesting mix in the plot, I see him as currently sided with the lions but only because it suits him seeing as they have the territory around the watering hole, but he is a power unto himself. Although when it came to three way fights I was pondering the possibility of a herbivore rebellion. o_O

I'll post again a little later, I'm having a tough time keeping up too, but I shutter at the thought of leaving. This is pure awesomeness rp and so is everyone in it! Including you N!ghtmare!
So you're fiddling with the 3 pennies in your pocket, depression's hitting you hard, you run into a pack of disgruntle girl scouts, they demand you buy their cookies but you ain't got no stinking money. You tell the little leeches to go away, they beat you up...Who do you trust to heal you, devil medic or angel medic? :P
Image Image

Senior Citizen
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dogrodny on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Akantha is going to be tackling the lioness I believe, Ive never been good at rping ladies anyway though ill help with the snarkyness.

On a side note Iris totally strikes me as an Angelina Joilie voice.

And by the way the croc is up....fear the waters kiddies......

Dogrodny
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!