Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gifted: A Remake

Gifted: A Remake

a part of “Gifted: A Remake”, a fictional universe by Gentlemiss.

Welcome to Gifted Academy. A school owned by a very eccentric old man for those hand picked by him. all are geniuses in their own right. He claims they will shape the future. What could go wrong? And what's with this strange house?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gifted: A Remake”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Gifted: A Remake

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:28 pm

If your having problems with FC's I have this that you might like to use to pick a FC~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:33 pm

That's fine Fabricator, ^^. Last female role will be you then.

And alright Belshazzar! Take your time, ^^ Feel free to message me if you need help finding one.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew Biersack owns my ❤
But Brendon Urie borrows it sometimes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:54 pm

This looks like a neat role play I would like to join. The problem is that I have a lot of finals and final projects due this week and I do not know how quickly I would be able to submit a character application. Is there any way I could reserve a character and create the character later on in this week or early next week?

Lyx
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:03 pm

That's fine! As long as you're sure you can be active after finals and whatnot, :). Which role did you want?

Also, dunno why but, Gateway isn't letting me submit any information for my character x.x" which is why there's a completely empty Tristen right now. My apologies! He is done, just, blank.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Well, looks like I'm a little too late to reserve the role I had when Fate made this xD oh well~ Could I reserve the Emperor, assuming someone already didnt beat me to it? Ahhh. It would be male for sure, but I cant really post a gif of a character nor do I have one in mind at the moment as I'm currently on my way home from an overnight trip xD But yeah. I'll see if I can get something up by tomorrow, if thats okay? If not thats cool too~

EDIT: Ah! Just noticed Lyx's post too. If the role he/she/InsertPronounHere wants is the emperor, just ignore this post and forget I ever appeared~ LOL!
"I was living that terrible life, with nowhere else to go."

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Oooo, thank you so much!

I quite like some of them!

I'm probably going to use Seishuu Handa. His appearance sort of fits the personality I was thinking of!

His gift will be relating to his card personality. Good thing I taught myself how to read Tarot cards! Haha. The Heirophant is a wise one, definitely an all-knowing being, and I want to relate this to some higher level of thought not present.

I've decided on Omnilingualism. Being able to fluently understand any language presented, including body language. To expand, he can read people very well to the point of almost mind-reading, but not as intrusive. He claims that he can understand animals too, but of course, no one can really tell if that's just insanity, or the truth! haha.
When I was a child,
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone,
I cannot put my finger on it now,
The child is grown,
The dream is gone
I have become
comfortably numb.

Belshazzar
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Does the role/tarot card have a lot to do with what the person's gift is? I don't really know anything much about tarot cards. Are there any good online resources about them that you would recommend?

Lyx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby |lɐʇɹoɯɯI| on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 pm

So I wasn't sure if the Empress was taken, because, if not, I wouldn't mind getting that. :3

I also saw that there no female roles? So I would have to pick a guy? If that's the case, I might need some time to figure out which guy feels right for the role. lol.
But that does not mean that I do not want this role. :)

For the power, I am also lost on that. Mainly because I am not sure if the role is open, so wasn't sure if I should invest so much into it, if it was already taken. :|
But please let me know, this roleplay looks like a lot of fun!!! :D

|lɐʇɹoɯɯI|
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:20 pm

@Lyx : I just made mine related just for fun. But here's a good website for that if you'd like to as well!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

Belshazzar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:28 pm

*Summons Sigma back*

None of that vanishing and pretending you were never here!!!
I've just had a quick look over the tarot's currently taken or not taken and my suggestion is to probably reserve one of the others, even if they're not listed on the main page Sigma. Though I'd perhaps stay away from The World or the Wheel of Fortune but the others are quite likely free reign unless GentleMiss says otherwise. And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. (Has just noticed the twelve part... may need GentleMiss for a ruling here xD)

Just wondering Belshazzar, with regards to the Omnilingualism are you making your character able to detect lies or are they simply able to understand what a person is trying to convey? The latter seems to make more sense to me in that if someone is speaking and their body is saying the same then you'd get the same message from both but if they spoke and their body said different you'd probably end up with two messages but wouldn't know which was the truth simply that they'd said it and you therefore translated it. But a person would still only say what they'd say with their words or body language for you to interpret. My apologies if that didn't exactly make sense. I'm suffering a slight bout of mania due to insomnia at present and I'm losing my train of thought mid-track but still remembering the destination so some overlap may occur.

This could help if you're unsure about the tarot Lyx TarotLink1 though it does have rather a lot of ads sadly it seems alright. Failing that Wikipedia is always useful. I'll admit most of my information usually comes from books around the house so not that helpful to this situation. As to it being related that is entirely up to you. I've taken a little bit here and there for mine as I'm sure have most others when they created theirs.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belshazzar on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Fabricator wrote:
Just wondering Belshazzar, with regards to the Omnilingualism are you making your character able to detect lies or are they simply able to understand what a person is trying to convey? The latter seems to make more sense to me in that if someone is speaking and their body is saying the same then you'd get the same message from both but if they spoke and their body said different you'd probably end up with two messages but wouldn't know which was the truth simply that they'd said it and you therefore translated it. But a person would still only say what they'd say with their words or body language for you to interpret. My apologies if that didn't exactly make sense. I'm suffering a slight bout of mania due to insomnia at present and I'm losing my train of thought mid-track but still remembering the destination so some overlap may occur.

Hmm...that's an interesting question.
The message they're putting across makes more sense to me.

I am just generally unsure as to how far these 'gifts' go in the roleplay. Are they able to reach to the supernatural and impossible? Or do they need to get realistic? This is why I brought in the animal thing too. I suppose I'd get an answer from the GM first on how far these gifts reach, and then decide.

I'm learning more towards the latter though, just interpreting, not knowing 100%

Belshazzar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:19 am

@Fabricator

Mmm. Well, yeah. I think I'll just wait and see what Gentlemiss says first before I come up with something XD

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 am

Okay, let me see if I can write this all and not forget anything,

More tarot cards can be added, I'm just trying to keep the genders even at the moment x.x And currently there's 6 girls and hopefully 4 guys (not everyone has submitted a sheet for their guy yet, which is why I say hopefully). Which means I'm already going to have to add a male role because there's only one male role open at the present moment which doesn't leave it even (don't try to do the math on this, it's confusing, XD).

@Belshazzar, your gift sounds fine as long as it's the latter example provided by Fabricator. :) For example, my guy Tristen is a natural and smooth liar, so it'd be quite unlikely for him to be able to tell if he was actually lying or telling the truth because he's very good at it. He might be able to sense something off about him? That's up to you, cx. Basically the gifts /can/ go as far as BORDERING on supernatural, but still must be within a normal humans capabilities. You can't talk to animals, but you might be able to understand them better than the normal person because you understand their body language/sounds, for example (again).

@Lyx, I'm still not sure which role you are interested in, the tarot cards don't really have to correspond so much with your gift and your character, it's just a way to represent them (though they can correspond if you want!).

@Most people?, I made a mistake in not listing the Empress as reserved, that is a reserved role already (Chesire_Girl submitted her sheet already, my apologies for forgetting to update the front page I had some drama going on yesterday, aha.)

@Sigma!, hey you :D. Sorry your role was already taken :(. Like Fabricator said, you're free to make one of your own or take the Emperor. Either way it will have to be a male role, my apologiessss.

@Everyone, I've made Fabricator my co-GM guys! So, feel free to ask her questions/take her answer on things. ^^ And it's Gentlemiss! No cap M :P.

tl;dr the Emperor role is open and one male role (any card) open. Fabricator is now co-GM.

Okay, I'm going back to class now, I'll be on again in a few hours, ^^.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:01 am

Ok, thanks for the information everyone. Since Sigma wants the the Emperor role, can I reserve the wild card male role? The tarot card would be the World and the character's talent would be stamina/endurance.

Lyx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 am

Lyx wrote:Ok, thanks for the information everyone. Since Sigma wants the the Emperor role, can I reserve the wild card male role? The tarot card would be the World and the character's talent would be stamina/endurance.

Awesome! Reserved for you then, ^^. Everyone is going in the way of mental or physical sort of talents, I'm surprised we're not seeing more artistic stuff like Fabricator's character, cx.

Also, still can't update my sheet x.x;. I sent in a message to RPGateway support but, til then, still an empty Tristen. Apologies D:

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:45 am

I've finished my character, changed the face claim cause I found another girl who had better gifs.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:49 am

I am probably going to need more time for my CS because I've been very busy with homework, and I'm still struggling to get my project finished. So maybe one-two days more would be really nice to finish my CS! Thank you~

-Mikey :3

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:10 pm

-unburrows from below- Hello dear peoples! Your friendly Neighborhood hydralisk has finally come back for air...and out of the frier. CX

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:17 pm

EN TARO TASSADAR! DEATH TO THE ZERG!

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:24 pm

I'M FRIENDLY I SWEAR! I BRING GIFTS OF YARN AND BAKED GOODS!

kyuukonhime
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!