Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Gimwald Enters...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Gimwald Enters...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gimwald on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:37 am

Hey there one and all! I thought I would introduce myself to you. I'm 34 (not quite an old man yet!) and from London, England. I've been interested in fantasy genres for many years now, starting off when I was in my early teens playing text based games on my BBC computer. Then at University, I feel in love with MUDs and have played, immorted and administered many MUDs over the following 10 years. About three years ago, I wrote and created RPG Forums Online which was a major project for me for many months. About two years ago, I sold the site and made a few $s on it, which was nice. And now, I've started The Hobbit Forums...which is "history to be written". (But I'm not here to promote those)...

I'm always look for good role-play sites and this one seems to have a pretty good following, so with some luck, I will fit in here quite nicely.

Other than that my fantasy life, I'm a massive fan of hard rock and heavy metal, browsing the Internet and digital photography.

So that's me! How are you?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve..."

Administrator of The Hobbit Forums :: http://www.thehobbitforums.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gimwald
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Gimwald Enters...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:52 am

Welcome Gimwald,

It's grand to have another old Englishman on the site, I was feeling definitely in a minority for some time. I hope we come up to your expectations.

Grim

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gimwald on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:23 pm

(You even seem to have a similar sound name to me. Cool!)

Gimwald
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:30 pm

Welcome! You seem like quite an interesting fellow! Be sure to check out all of the different RP's or make up one that you've always wanted to do. Also, check out the others section and participate in the games and other things! Ask any of the staff members if you need anything or have any questions.

^_^
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gimwald on Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:41 pm

Well I have my 'interesting moments' and I will check out your suggestions certainly. :)

Gimwald
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.