Girls for Gaming

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Girls for Gaming

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:14 pm

That's right!! Me and my friends Kohanna and ForkNinja are tired of not having many girls to discuss gaming with! We're surrounded by nerdy boys who play all day and night and discuss it with other boys, but we want our own Girls-Only place to talk about games, because I'm sure we play some girly games that you guys wouldn't give a second thought to.

Boys, you can ONLY post if you're praising the awesomeness of gaming girls. I'll be deleting anything I see fit as this is just for us girls. :3

So girls, discuss away! I'm a huge Nintendork, and I hope you all are, too! I've been playing Twilight Princess on my Wii again...for like the third time. What are you all playing and on what systems?

EDIT: After a short discussion with a dear friend, this is no longer totally off limits to guys. But really...we'd prefer to talk amongst ourselves and have our own corner of the universe to talk about games with other girls! :/

Guys may be able to discuss games with us here, but only girls are allowed in the unofficial Girls for Gaming club. Ladies, please see the following link for the signature you can use to show you're a member.

girls-for-gaming-t9344-60.html#p242346
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Girls for Gaming [No Boys Allowed!]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Right now I'm in the process of beating Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the GBA. I beat the other two, so I decided to have a go at the GBA game.
I do not like it...
The card based fighting is annoying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:17 pm

cool I think this is a great idea.

Im into any and all zelda games. i also like mario cart for ds

ninjakitty
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:18 pm

I don't play my Wii that often, and I have no idea where I am in TP now, it's been like three months xD I'm a Nintendfreak too! We still have our Nintendo 64, and I play Zelda; OOT and MM on it *loves Zelda games, lots* And when I'm not playing Zelda on our Wii/64/Gamecube/Gameboy/DS, I'm here, or playing Animal Crossing; Wild World. Or Mario Kart; Wii. Love the dirtbikes!

SaveYou
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 pm

ahaha wicked.

so many games i play. lol. let's see.

on my DS: Sims 2, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, Catz 2.
GBA: Pokemon, Sims Bustin Out, Grand Theft Auto and some others I stole from my brother.
Playstation 2: Guitar Hero 2
Xbox: Soul Calibar, Grand Theft Auto, Midnight Club 2 and 3, Sims 2, and lots more but since the Xbox resides in my brother's room I can't remember all the games he has lol. oh and the occassional Rockband.
Computer: Sims 2 Nightlife <3
Take the knife and twist it.
Where's my heart? You missed it.
And you know I don't wanna die,
But baby you insist it.
Breathing is a luxury that I just shouldn't have.
My heart just keeps on beating, and it's more then you can stand.

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 pm

YAY! Look at all the posts already! This is AWESOME.

Forky, I feel your pain on KH:Chain of Memories. I, too, got tired of the card fighting way too fast, and probably didn't even get through half the game before I got stuck somewhere and gave up.

I also got severely stuck in FF III for the DS. That was so long ago I probably need to start over. @_@

SaveYou....AWESOME NINTENDORRRRK.

-luffles-

I swear, I could beat Zelda and start the game over...over and over and over again. It never gets old. You ALWAYS find something new.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I love Twilight Princess!! It's so addictive, I've beaten it a few times, but I want to try it on the Wii.

Right now I'm playing Tales of Symphonia for like the third time through, and I'm trying to get my PS2 working so I can crack into my Resident Evil game. But the cords are screwy >.>

And DDR, and a couple others... I miss my PS2...
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Kira Walker
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes... Card based fighting is gets old. VERY fast.
And there's rumors that there will be another sequal like that. *hand/face*

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Man...
I thought I was a nerd...

NERDS!

I play Pokemon (only the new games, I wasn't into it yet when the old games came out) and the original Super Mario Bros.
But I'm going to a summer camp to learn how to create such video games, and I looked at some pictures of classes. Guess how many girls I saw. Answer: zero.
Man, that's gonna be one fun summer...
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:27 pm

I KNOW. Seriously. I used to watch my brother play the game when I was six, and I asked him if I could do the Shadow Temple, and got him raped to death by the Re-Deads xD I'm a lot more experianced now, thank God ^^" I'm getting Guitar Hero for the Wii for my birthday ... In November >>
Meh, I'm still getting it. Right now, I'll have to content myself with what I got ^^ I've played nearly every single Zelda game, except the Super Nes ones and the Oracles. My sister pre-ordered Wind Waker and we got Zelda, Master Quest, which was OOC, just more kick ass. Unfortuantely, I restarted the game and remember how to do the fire temple xD
So I made a next gen Zelda RP here to make up for it ^^ I love Nintendo so much!

SaveYou
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 pm

I know the whole no girls at a video game class pain.
I took an online class for Java with Video Games.
Out of twenty-five students, there were three girls. THREE!
And you know what?
Our projects were better than most of the boys!
HA!
So yes, I make video games. lol

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:30 pm

OMG, the Re-Deads scared the CRAP out of me! I had to get my brother to kill them for me because I was so terrified. XD When I was younger, I was also scared of all of the bosses, and would make my brother beat them for me.

I kick ASS now. XD I got Zelda:Minish Cap and beat it before it was even released in the US. My fiance bought me a special edition Gameboy Advanced SP from the UK that came with the game. It is gold, with a Triforce on top. When you open it, it has the Hyrule royal seal under the A and B buttons.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

I too am a Nintendork..I used to watch my brother play but that's when I wasn't into video games but now it's like an obsession..I prefer Super Nintendo over Nintendo 64 though..sadly enough I have neither anymore. :( but my cousin does and she let's me play when I go over there :)

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaveYou on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:34 pm

I saw that, but I wasn't allowed it and I sulked. What a bratty child I was ^^ Now I've hit my teens and changed though.... I'm worse xD But my cousin has that. He ended up beating Vatti in the Minish Cap for me. He was freakin' hard! And now I'm running about doing side-quests that I should have done aaaaages ago, lol I HATED Phantom Ganon. I was like 'COME OUT OF THE PICTURE I'M AIMING FOR! I'M RUNNING OUT OF FAIRIES!" I actually yelled that out loud. Heh, love Zelda. And ForkNinja, awwwwesome :3 What was your game like?

SaveYou
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:36 pm

I really miss playing on the original Nintendo. I have SNES and N64 and Wii (I gave the GCN to my brother before I moved out since the Wii plays GCN games), but I really miss the original Nintendo. Things were so epic on that. Sure, I could download the games again on the Wii through the Wii Shop Channel, but it's just not the same. I have the original Super Mario Brothers on there. GOTTA have that one.

Even though I love playing games myself, my fiance and I often make an evening out of just him playing something and me watching. I love watching him play resident Evil 4 or No More Heroes. XD

And he LOVES that I like to watch him, too, because most girls don't want anything to do with video games.

WE RAWK!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Gamer...........thats one word you can forever use to describe me. I will sit for hours on end till I defeat the game. Mario and Luigi make room for princess peach when i control her, because she is queen of the tracks!

Wii has to be one of the best if not THE best, invention out there I mean Nintendo will ALWAYS, have an irreplaceable spot in my heart! Sniff that is like the father of all gaming systems. I may not own them but ive tried every game system out there.

Mario is by far my baby WHY? Because at 5 i picked it up and I've never put it down. Mario Olympics is next on my list. Though I want to get through an entire Kh series in one week, that tis one of my gaming goals so without anything further

Ciao Fellow awesome game loving girls until the next post

Kohanna out!
Image <-------made by me! Yes I know I'm epic but the fact still remains. I win you lose happy days and a pair of high heel shoes

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

R.I.P my friend

Kohanna
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:45 pm

Okay girls, I'm going to ask a friend to make us some rawking signatures.

But, as Forky suggested in the chat, we must have FEMALE game characters on the signature. There are many more men in games, but we have to represent!!

I can't think of too many woman in games to feature on our signature, but I figure we can all have a session of suggesting some to put on there. Vexar maybe be able to fit a lot on the signature, but I don't want the signature to be huge and tacky. Just something small, so lets limit it to two characters.

I think Zelda is a MUST.

Then you can pick from Peach, Samus...those are the main ones off the top of my head. Any suggestions, ladies?

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel Of Darkness on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:50 pm

The girls from Soul Calibar :) I remember a few like Taki(my absolute fave) Cassandra, Ivy, X something all i know is it starts with an X lol(i can't spell or pronounce her name) and a few others that I can't remember atm.

Just a suggestion. :)

Angel Of Darkness
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:52 pm

haha, Angel of Darkness. Isn't it like...Xialing or something? o_o Xia-something. XDDD

I personally want Zelda and Samus on there the most, being the huge Nintendork I am.

Also, we need a slogan for our little club here. I am opening the table for suggestions. Something short and to-the-point that will fit on a cute little banner and sum up our club.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:53 pm

SaveYou wrote:I saw that, but I wasn't allowed it and I sulked. What a bratty child I was ^^ Now I've hit my teens and changed though.... I'm worse xD But my cousin has that. He ended up beating Vatti in the Minish Cap for me. He was freakin' hard! And now I'm running about doing side-quests that I should have done aaaaages ago, lol I HATED Phantom Ganon. I was like 'COME OUT OF THE PICTURE I'M AIMING FOR! I'M RUNNING OUT OF FAIRIES!" I actually yelled that out loud. Heh, love Zelda. And ForkNinja, awwwwesome :3 What was your game like?

I made two that were actually pretty good.
The first was like Pong, only it was Star Wars. The paddles were lightsabers and all the audio was from the movies. The background music was the music from the storyline screens and when you hit certain things, it had quotes from the movie.
The second was called "Hydro Helper," and was completely mine and my (female) partner's from scratch. It was basically a level based game where you helped the Marvel good guys defeat the Marvel bad guys with nothing more than your water gun.
So yeah. lol. Hydro Helper is so much fun. I can't beat the last level though. lol

And female characters....
Lets see...

Laura Croft
Alyx Vance (I know nothing about her, but she's from Half Life)

I'll come up with somemore in a moment.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!