Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Oh god, uh. Hi?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Oh god, uh. Hi?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anonymous Writer on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:35 am

Hi!~

I'm absolutley terrified right now and have no idea what I'm doing but here goes I guess.
It's been a bloody long time since I have roleplayed with strangers and I'm incredibly new to this format, so excuse my shyness and reluctance to really join in with anything for awhile. ( I'm incredibly shy, hence the name ha )

I guess my main reason for joining is I need some creative minds to pick at? I have a..universe I guess you could say that I have been working on for many years now and its got to the point where I'm running round in circles and need some outside imput...and I think it would be a great place for some really amazing role plays and story lines. Oh! I should mention that it is a mix of sci-fi/fantasy.

Okay I'm gonna run and hide now k bye

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anonymous Writer
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Oh god, uh. Hi?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway Anonymous Writer! Be sure to check out the rules when you have a chance. There are only five, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. Some other great spots to check out is the Role Play Academy if you ever need any help or have any writing-related questions. That or you can just ask me. Furthermore the help forum is also a great place to start for questions regarding the site itself. Now if you are looking for role-play, which obviously you are, just check out the tab at the very top of the site. It should be the second link to the left that says role-play.

We use a very unique tab system to organize our role-plays, so please do check it out! The chat bar at the bottom of the site is also a great tool! Now that this generic infomercial is out of the way, I know it can be frightening venturing into something new. So many new people, and endless possibilities for both the good as well as the bad. Users here can be a little crazy at times, but most are harmless, and actually quite friendly. Most of all, everyone is here usually for one singular purpose: Role-play! Reluctantly, sci-fi and fantasy are quite on the rage these days.

Your universe sounds like it could be a lot of fun, especially if you've put that much work into it over the last few years. Sometimes when you are writing, it really is best to get an outside opinion to come up with the things you hadn't thought of yet. A fresh perspective. I might even join in on this adventure myself. If you need absolutely anything at all, please do not hesitate to ask me here or send me a message. I'll keep my eye out for any replies in this thread.

~ Maestro

Don't run away and hide.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Re: Oh god, uh. Hi?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:35 pm

Hello and welcome to RPG! Since Mae already covered all the basics, I'll just leave my little link here for you to peek at, if you end up being interested. It's a RP targeted for newbies on the site - not newbies in general~!

I'll offer my hand in helping, too, so if you have any questions or whatnot feel free to IM me!

roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!