Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players »

Gods Among Us: The Godslayer

a part of “Gods Among Us: The Godslayer”, a fictional universe by Venuskyy.

For longer than anyone can remember the Gods have been a staple of everyday life in our world. The ultimate gift upon a human would be to become a God and with that gift came the vastly familiar human emotion; jealousy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods Among Us: The Godslayer”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Reserving Your Character(s)

Code: Select all
[img]https://oie.msu.edu/_assets/images/placeholder/placeholder-200x200.jpg[/img][img]https://oie.msu.edu/_assets/images/placeholder/placeholder-200x200.jpg[/img]
Name | Age | FC | Status | Species/Dominion | Player[/center]

More Info On The Gods

When Gods are not inhabiting a body they exist as an 'Essence.' They cannot directly interfere in the world. Their only means of connection being through non-physical means - dreams, omens, or other messages. This is due to an age old curse that still inflicts their kind. This curse has origins that date back to the beginning of time, and thus it is deeply shrouded in mystery. Only the oldest Gods themselves have any idea of how this curse was put upon them. Though the old ones rarely Emerge anymore, and thus the knowledge has been lost to those that choose to walk among the humans.

However it is known that The Curse and The Emergence are one and the same.

There are rules of course to the Emergence. Typically, a God may only Emerge once every Millenia from the point of death from its previous Emergence.

Gods cannot create bodies from nothing, they must take over an existing body. This can happen three ways, a God may Emerge into a body on the brink of death - this is the most common way as it limits the body from fighting back. Secondly, a God may Emerge into the body of a human that has been pre-destined for them. This is generally a parent "offered their first born" in exchange for something type of situation. The Third way is by permission of the host body. Gods may approach suitable bodies by sending omens or messages in a variety of ways.

The second a God emerges into the Body it consumes the memories of the host. The Emergence being a curse makes sense when it comes to realizing that the God is not simply inhabiting a body, but sharing it with the memories of the body. Though sometimes the line is even further blurred, causing a melding in the mind that can skew towards insanity. The Gods can often adopt the bodies personality, vices, and perhaps even cling to the idea of who they were 'before.'

Gods have different power levels, there are three well known types. Major, minor, and Lesser. The level of their power depends on the scope of their Dominion. For example, a God of War would be a Major god, as his Dominion is War and encompasses the entirety of that concept. Minor and Lesser Gods have control over more specific concepts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean Tipworthy Conversationalist World Builder Author Inspiration

Re: Gods Among Us: The Godslayer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lightningpoint on Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:38 am

can I just say, this looks like such a fun and original RP I'm so excited, Imma take a spot

Image Image
Joanna Kurtz | 26 | Mia Goth | Living | Human/God of Desire | Player
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lightningpoint
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:08 am

Thank you so much! I'll get your character put up on the homepage here in a bit :)

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean Tipworthy Conversationalist World Builder Author Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:22 pm

https://discord.gg/5zY7fD

Here is the link to the Discord Server.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:29 am

Okay, so this idea is dope. I'd love to reserve a role!

ImageImage
tbd | twenty four | namikka mugerwa | living | human/god of unfinished business | rubytuesday

rubytuesday
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Awesome! I'll add ur character to the front page here in a bit.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:59 am

https://discord.gg/9BmHEH

Updated link to the discord. Will be getting some more lore and various plotty things up later today as well as updating the main page.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:27 pm

ImageImage
Gregory Henderson | 25 | Ezra Miller | Living | Horseman/Human | ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Hi everyone! I was on my phone so I didn't get to write too much but yes this is my reserve because this world is cool. I will submit a species request once I finish my profile :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Funny Valentine on Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:32 am

@Venuskyy: Are you still accepting reservations for this roleplay? If so, I have placed my reservation below.

ImageImage
TBD | Twenty-six | Chance Perdomo | Living | Human/God of Trickery | Funny Valentine

Hope this works!

Funny Valentine
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist Tipworthy Author Greeter Promethean Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Group Theory Lifegiver Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:51 am

Yes I definitely am still accepting reservations :) I will get your character up on the main page in a little bit as I'm on mobile lol.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:44 pm

ImageImage
catarina de la cruz | twenty-seven | alexa demie | living | human/god of revenge | rosa

I have a couple other ideas too if this concept doesn't fit well, I could do God of the Hunt instead but God of Revenge is my first choice! ty ♥
Last edited by leisurelyatwar on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 pm

God of revenge works fine! Ill get ur reservation up on the main page asap :)

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivisbo on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:52 pm

Very excited for this! Heres my reservation;

ImageImage
Theo Sverre | 28 | Michiel Huisman | Living | Shapeshifter/God of Beasts | Ivisbo

Ivisbo
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:53 pm

here's a reservation for my little baby newly emerged god, Navi

ImageImage
Pranav Bandara | 23 | Jeenu Mahadevan | Living | Human / Major God of Sun | Rosa

leisurelyatwar
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 am

Yess! Ill get him up on the front page for ya here soon.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShudderFox- on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:40 am

Image Image
Arsen St. James | 28 | stephen james | living | vampire / god of the dead | shudderfox-

hi everybody :3

ShudderFox-
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivisbo on Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:25 pm

ImageImage
Seo Daeyoung | 25 | Kwak Dong Yeon | Living | Human / God of Oceans | Ivisbo

Ivisbo
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:09 pm

ImageImage
Destiny Ribiero | 25 | Ryan Destiny | Living | Naiad/Lesser River God | Rosa

leisurelyatwar
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venuskyy on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Just a heads up for everyone who has reserved so far, there is a planned start date somewhere around the end-ish of this month. For those who have reserved but haven't submitted a sheet/wip please let me know if you are still interested. Thank you all!

If anyone needs into the discord still also let me know and I'll get the link for you.

Venuskyy
Member for 1 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:39 am

After some deliberation and jamming I've decided to submit another reserve :)

ImageImage
Cherise Nijima | 21 | Eyes Yumei Nakajima | Living | Kagune | ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Under the spoiler I've written notes explaining what a "Kagune" is since it's 99% a species I stole from a certain manga and not from any particular myth. :P If this is all fine with you I will get started on a profile sometime tomorrow!

Species Notes:
Kagune (赫子, red child) were originally discovered in Japan and named after the blood that covered their bodies after feasting upon a human. For years they were thought to be unintelligent, ravenous monsters; however, as time passed and more Kagune were hunted it became clear that they were no mere beasts. Aside from their carnivorous nature and superior physical capabilities, they were indistinguishable from normal humans. The only way to confirm that a person is a Kagune is through their Kakuhou (赫包, red wrap), an organ that generates K-Cells. These cells harden after leaving the body to form a bodily weapon. Aside from being lightweight, Kakuhou formations are five times harder than steel and sharper than obsidian, often cutting through anything it touches. Though these formations vary (eg projectiles, stingers, tentacles, etc) , they always manifest and are attached to their Kakuhou, which is located along their back.

Kagune are carnivorous by nature and immune most toxic substances, though they can still be harmed by conventional weapons and radiation. Their health largely depends on the species they eat due to the fact that they take on subdued traits associated with their food (e.g. scales from dragon meat, a keener sense of smell from shapeshifters), though none have shown magical proficiency. Eating lesser animals will degrade their physical and mental capabilities while more sapient beings such as humans, naiads, shapeshifters, vampires will keep them healthy. A long as the flesh isn't spoiled (e.g. necrotic or cursed) it is edible, even if it's from a corpse. The ultimate delicacy for Kagune are demigods and Emerged beings, rare as their flesh may be. In the past, Kagune who ate Emerged beings temporarily gained weak versions of the power that their prey held. Without meat or blood, Kagune will starve to death as they cannot digest other substances.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!