Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Of Gods and Storms

Of Gods and Storms

a part of “Of Gods and Storms”, a fictional universe by JacksColdSweat.

Five minor gods from scattered pantheons are sent on a mission to take down a Norse goddess hell-bent on wreaking havoc on the human world. The problem? They're all a little rusty, but she's still a well-oiled machine.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Of Gods and Storms”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Of Gods and Storms

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Feel free to ask any questions or such here!
Last edited by JacksColdSweat on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the lies we said at breakfast,
Won't match the lies we had for lunch.
And the lies we told for dinner, yeah for dinner,
They're the tallest of the bunch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Of Gods and Storms

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:17 am

Aaaaand apparently none of the extra special font wants to work with me right now. Sorry about that, I should get it fixed soon,,
Edit: It's fixed! Kinda. I mean, it's not the fancy font but it's close enough.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:40 am

There is a website where you can get pretty cool fonts to spell out anything you need. Then, you can just post the results as an image :)

As for the real reason for me stumbling in here... This roleplay sounds pretty interesting! I think there is a lot of potential to it.

And I can't resist a story that might have Mimir involved at some point :P

Anyway.... I'm on my way to dreamland at the moment, but at some point tomorrow I'd like to sit down and hash out a character sheet for say... Thanatos? I have a couple of ideas for him but they might will affect the flow of the main plot. Do you want to discuss it in advance? I don't want to blindly trample over any ideas that you have.
He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Kai
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DestinyDesires on Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:24 am

This is so cool. Would it be alright if I used a goddess from the regular myths of Greek mythology? Maybe like Persephone?

DestinyDesires
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Kai- Thank you! That's actually the site I was trying to use, but nothing seemed to work for me :/
Sorry I've been pretty absent all day, but I'd love for you to shoot me a message! I was actually planning on nabbing Hypnos for myself if all works out, so we should probably discuss stuff anyways, haha. (You and I both are really hoping that Mimir can get involved eventually.)

Destiny- Thank you! But I'd actually really prefer if everybody could stick to the characters I've already put up. Sorry,,!

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Really? o.o that's weird. Hmm... Well, what you have up still works :)

I'll send you a PM in a bit with some info, then! And we can chat about the ideas.

Kai
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nannaramma on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:25 am

This rp looks really awesome and totally unique. I'd love to join, I don't know whether you're accepting reserves or not but I think I'd like to take a shot at Ardra. Give me a heads up whether that's cool or not and I'll try to make up a character sheet.

nannaramma
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:16 am

I'm actually not accepting definitive reservations as I've had a lot of people reserve things and never submit them in the past, but you are definitely more than welcome to submit a character sheet! I'm glad you found it worth your while!

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Thane is submitted! I'm still fiddling with the profile a bit but let me know if you want anything changed/added/deleted/ect.

Kai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nannaramma on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:18 pm

I've submitted Ardra as A WIP cause it will be easier for me to work with it there then in the messenger. I'm doing all of this on a tablet so its a little more tedious. But i plan on finishing her up soon.

nannaramma
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nannaramma on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:11 pm

I am so sorry guys x.x my router died on me and I was without internet cause of it I'm gonna try to get Ardra finished tonight.

nannaramma
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Hey! Gosh, no don't worry about it. I've been super MIA these past few days too. I completely neglected to do all my schoolwork, so I've been all mixed up with avoiding all of that and keeping up with preexisting rp commitments.
It doesn't look like we're going to be getting any more people on this, but if you guys would each be willing to take on another character, we'd be able to pull this off! I think it might actually make things less hectic, so it could a an advantage. Tell me if you guys are up to it!
I should have Hypnos in within the week too.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 pm

I'll mention this to a couple of my rp buddies. You can also post a roleplayers wanted thread, see if anyone else will bite.

If we still end up short on players, I can probably take on a second role.

Kai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:54 pm

That's a good idea, I'll probably put up a post tomorrow. And good luck with the friends! I [i]may[i] have someone willing to join, but I'll have to check.

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Hey there!
So Kai told me to check this out, and it looks pretty cool. I've been looking at Rán, but I can't find her face claim anywhere. I'm trying to find one to replace it as of the moment but I'd be happy to use the face claim given if you know it? Thanks. :-)

EDIT: I've found a face claim that looks very similar to the one on the front page - you'll have to forgive me for not finding the same face claim. Anyway, I'm proposing to use Caitlyn from LA Models, she can also be found if you search Caitlyn with the name Emily Soto, as that's the photographer. I've included a link below. I'll work on a wip later as I have to go to dance in a few minutes, but I'm up for plotting and things whenever. :-)
Forever in my dreams, where dreamer flown,
To the world above and greatly renown.
For its constant bubble, scaling of height.
Into the dawning sea and eventful light,
To dream the dream of dreamer's love,
Yet we stall our mind to fiction above.
Belong to life and green-blue flow,
To reddish hearts that we greatly show.

Sanarith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:16 am

Hey there! Thanks for joining in! And no problem about the FC, I don't know her name either, haha. I believe my google search was something along the lines of "pretty scandinavian girl" so--

As for that friend I mentioned, I'm fairly certain she's willing to join! And I'd be perfectly willing to pick up the last slot, so I think we should be able to get started then! :)

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:47 am

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize you had replied! I'm really sorry! >.< my RPG keeps logging me out though, but I really hope we can revive this! It looks so cool.

Sanarith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 am

No worries! Yeah, that's been happening a lot to me too lately, it's pretty weird :o
Same here! She's a little new to the site, so I should be helping her get used to character sheets and all that this weekend, and then we should be ready to rock and roll!

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanarith on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:25 pm

I'll probably get her finished off tomorrow - after the mountain of homework and revision I have... -_-

I think I actually have a small tutorial thing written up somewhere about coding and how to use it... I'll see if I can dig it up and PM it to her!

Sanarith
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JacksColdSweat on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Haha, I feel you. I avoided reading a book for over three weeks and now I have to finish the whole thing by Tuesday. Good luck!

That'd actually be really helpful, thank you so much!

JacksColdSweat
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!