Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Gods; A New Age.

Gods; A New Age.

a part of “Gods; A New Age.”, a fictional universe by Saxious.

Three millennia have passed since the last Great War against Appollyon, the God of Destruction. New civilizations has emerged, new Gods are born, new conflicts has started, and old alliances are tested.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods; A New Age.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Gods; A New Age.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:19 am

TheNoremac42 wrote:Okay I posted my first character. How do I attach pictures to it though? I pressed the add picture button and typed in the url, but nothing happened. Am I missing something?

You need to add an image code. This here is the code:

Code: Select all
[img]IMAGE URL[/img]

I hope that helped you. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:00 am

Saxious, super weapons and super units?

Are still doing them or will we not and if we are, please don't make us fill out another sheet for it :D
(Haven't done this much pencil pushing since my Midterms.)
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:15 am

Oh, thank you for reminding me Creed, I'll have an article, another 14 rules and another reason to hang myself! No, elite soldiers and non-magical weapons are your to describe as you wish.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:10 pm

... I think I really will have to drop out. I cannot come up with a good idea for a character and I have too much going on at the moment. Even after Christmas I don't know how much time i'll have to do anything. I'm sorry guys but i'm going to drop out. I'll still hang around and read the RP though! I'm sure it'll be really fun for everyone.

Good luck and thanks for the patience and tolerance you showed me,

~Black

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Alright then. Al'Djiin, Overgod of Tyrmhael, king of djinnies and Tyrm-Khan has now been finnished.
I didn't go all that much into depth, since I didn't even finnish Mastalki in the last roleplay ^^;
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Higurashi on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I just read most of the character sheets, excluding those I read the other day. The point being, I was reading them... and I looked at Murali. I literally finished reading it, and did a double take. I'm just saying this right here, Sefthal is NOT going top get along with this goddess. :3 Just a predicition.

Higurashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:11 pm

I think most people won't get along with the goddess who thinks she's better than everyone else.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Well since i enjoy to spark up trouble, it seems Murali will be doing her job PERFECTLY! I mean what would the fun in everyone loving her?

I'm sure that when your people aren't being pillaged by a horde of orcs because the Judges keep calling Exalted Marches (Crusades) on them to keep their numbers down, you'll like Murali a ton more :D

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Black wrote:... I think I really will have to drop out. I cannot come up with a good idea for a character and I have too much going on at the moment. Even after Christmas I don't know how much time i'll have to do anything. I'm sorry guys but i'm going to drop out. I'll still hang around and read the RP though! I'm sure it'll be really fun for everyone.

Good luck and thanks for the patience and tolerance you showed me,

~Black

No worries, Black. I'm glad that you spared some time to try out the RP.

NarrowEye wrote:Alright then. Al'Djiin, Overgod of Tyrmhael, king of djinnies and Tyrm-Khan has now been finnished.
I didn't go all that much into depth, since I didn't even finnish Mastalki in the last roleplay ^^;

Okay, I'll give it a look when I'm done with breakfast.

Higurashi wrote:I just read most of the character sheets, excluding those I read the other day. The point being, I was reading them... and I looked at Murali. I literally finished reading it, and did a double take. I'm just saying this right here, Sefthal is NOT going top get along with this goddess. :3 Just a predicition.

Lifecharacter wrote:I think most people won't get along with the goddess who thinks she's better than everyone else.

Mask surely won't, and he's always looking for allies against her. Say, how about two sweets for every hundred Murali believer you kill? Good deal, eh? ;)

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Last I heard Mask was a big softy and couldn't handle taking on the two Mud Crabs let alone his opposite.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Ahh~ it must be nice having an opposite to your abstraction. Vára has to settle with being a universal and talking down to everyone.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Yes it is indeed it is. *wink* (Insider)

I will start working up on several things, mainly my encyclopedia entry which will be a more in depth description of everything Murali is and her people. Who knows, maybe the insider will be revealed in that entry. If you can find it behind a colossal wall of text.

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I missed somethings because all I got out of that is that there's going to be something in the encyclopedia

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Lol! This is the beginning of a most beautiful friendship. I just know it

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Higurashi on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

So, while we wait, can I create a new god? Sure, it would take some work to micromanage the two of them, but since I want to keep my intrest level high, I would like to do so. I already have a niche all worked out. Insofar, we have all had a theme. But, what if I wanted to make a god with no theme? No set job? Well, he would have some duties, but not in the over reaching sense we usually see. It would be a god dedicated to one nation, and that nation only. it could even be used as a story arch really. So, I would like to put forth:

Mek'cai-The Old God

Jeez, I know that we already are going to have a whole mess of storyarcs, and it will all eventually mesh together. But I simply want to install a god that reaches all races and nations right from the beginning. While writing this, I already have ther basic plotline working in my head. (I still have the thing with Urgael cooking too.) *hint hint*

It would basically be as such *ahem (clearing of throat)*: Long ago, men existed. These were not the men put in place by the gods, as those men would come much later, millenia infact. These were the men of iron, of clay, and of stone. They wandered the earth aimlessly, without purpose. Then, one eternity, there arouse a great noise among the men of clay. They sang with one voice, of the coming of the 'New Ones', and the downfall of those that were in power. Needless to say, the men of iron and the men of stone were none too happy with this. They scolded the men of clay, putting them down for their silly words.

Aswell, the Old Gods were not happy either. These Gods were far different than those we know today. They had immensely more power, and governed the whole of the universe, not just one element or role. But, they saw the truth in the men of clay's words. The great Old Gods began to prepare. They created new elements in order to combat the ones that would come. At that time, there were eight Old Gods. The first created Light, and with it made a mighty spear. The Second created fire, and made a stave that blocked out the stars. The third created water, and set about readying to heal his fellow gods. The Fourth however, had more sense than the other gods. He saw what they were doing, and bemoaned that it would bring about exactly what they feared. So, in his good sense, he hid from the fighting, casting a great earthen shell over the earth. With him he took the men of iron, clay and stone. He then set these men to rest, until the New Ones were gone. He slept aswell, and has ever since.

Meanwhile, the other seven of the god's did not notice their comrade was gone. Already, they grew impatient. Where were these New Ones that the golems had spoken of? Why were they not arriving? In his fury, the eldest god smashed his fist into the nearest available object, the second eldest god. In an instant, the gods collided, making many new elements and constructs. This raging battle was the cataclysm that began the universe as we know it. Aswell, from this resulted the New Gods, as the men of clay had predicted.

It doesn't need to be said that the New Gods don't like to talk about their origins, and firmly deny the existence of the Old Gods. But perhaps the fourth eldest will awaken one day. I daresay he wont be too happy.

Higurashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Well going by your story-thing, Vára would be an old god considering I basically have her creating the laws of existence and maintaining the universe by way of them. She also applies to law in general, whether they be those of men, orcs, giants, elves, gods, the universe, etc. so she would have the all races/nations thing too. The only difference, other than the backstory, is that she has the major duty of maintenance while yours wouldn't.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm

I just wanted to be sure this thing is still active and accepting before I busy myself with trying to join. It looks pretty amazing by the way, seems to be just what I was looking for. I was beginning to think there was absolutely no roleplay on here that would interest me. So good job to everyone involved.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:21 pm

ÆSIR Society wrote:I just wanted to be sure this thing is still active and accepting before I busy myself with trying to join. It looks pretty amazing by the way, seems to be just what I was looking for. I was beginning to think there was absolutely no roleplay on here that would interest me. So good job to everyone involved.

Thank you. We kick off on the 27th (or was it the 28th?) December with the IC, so till then, go nuts with your God and nation.
I think you're RPing abilities are exceptionally enough for you to skip having to submit a Sample Post. If the GM or other Co-GMs are in objection, I'd ask them to take a look at one of his RPs, Even Gods Bleed, first, and then raise their voice. Thank you.

@Higurashi

You're more than welcome to make a new God, and you won't have to submit any additional samples for the Submission Thread. If you're really bored and want something similar to an IC...I can have a "Debate of the Gods" Thread made; basically the Gods meets and talk (that is, until they disagree and starts to fight (I'm predicting there's a 85% likelyhood that it will happen!)). Would anyone else be interested in that?

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Ah, I submitted one anyway, its a post from my most recent roleplay. I am used to being in my own roleplays, so I am never sure if my skills are enough to meet others standards. But, thanks for the approval.

I am working on my CS now, I was wondering if it was possible to be the Gods of Mischief, Wickedness, and Evil Intent. They would twins by the name Grief and Sorrow.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 pm

To be quite honest, it does sound like it is rubbing rather close to Mask (the God of Criminality and Corruption) and Erebuz (the god of Rage and Inner Darkness).

I'm not disapproving it, just needed to point out the similarity that I saw. You can continue, and I'll look over the CS.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!