Gods; A New Age.

Gods; A New Age.

a part of “Gods; A New Age.”, a fictional universe by Saxious.

Three millennia have passed since the last Great War against Appollyon, the God of Destruction. New civilizations has emerged, new Gods are born, new conflicts has started, and old alliances are tested.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods; A New Age.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Gods; A New Age.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Last edited by Saxious on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Gods; A New Age.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

That's a looot of co-GMs. And Ulmo's like the Aquaman of the group.

Extremely insightful and intelligent quips aside, looks like you (guys?) have put a lot of work and thought into it, and this is before really reading any major details in the OOC threads. Good job! :)
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wudgeous
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 pm

Thank you, I'm still working on the RP sites. There's needs for threads, pictures and whatever else comes to mind as I work, so hopefully it will be done later this evening (China time).

Feel free to doodle around the threads.

Saxious
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 am

To a long and prosperous roleplay! I'll have Nemea's character sheet up tomorrow, as well as a short summary of what the Dendapim have been up to, and why they've lost their technological edge.

I look forward to what will certainly be an epic writing experience for everyone involved.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:25 am

W00t! I can haz role? :O I loved the first roleplay... a sequel? SURE! I simply wove it! :3
I'll make my country/god/people/everything! right now! Fuck school, fuck class, well shit... fuck mah education!
I will write an epic prose about my people!
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:25 am

This sounds awesome you can expect me to try to join

Thorait
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 am

Saxious my good man, I must say that I'm finding you to be reliable for awesome RP's. This really looks amazing guys, good job to all of you that worked on it. I would love to be a part of this.

I used to be part of a similar God RP, though that dwindled out all too quickly unfortunately. Aside from that, this reminds me very much of it. I would love to re-invent the God I had created for it, as I never really got a chance to use him much. There's just one thing I need to check with you about him. He is a God of Dragons, and as such his people are very few, but relatively very powerful due to co-existing with the Dragons (who are a part of his people, the Dragons and men see themselves as one group, one people). I balanced this with their numbers and resources so that, though amongst the strongest of the God's, he was by no means THE strongest. I would like to bring this character into here, but I saw that dragons are listed under colossal in the monsters section, and only to be seen once every fifth generation.

Is there anyway that they can be reduced in power, or this could be somehow balanced so that my God is not overpowered? Also, since I'm already in Search for Netharzeem and you thus know my level of writing Saxious, do you still want me to submit an example?

Also, how does the power of the Gods work? Do they have a certain amount of power? Does it dwindle and fade over time? Is their power dependant on the people that worship them, how many of them there are and how devout they are?

Aftershock
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 am

@NarrowEye:
Can't wait to see what you will be this time! Take your time with the CS, no need to rush, this will be a slow but purposeful RP.

@Thorait:
Awesome! Same as above, take your time with your CS, no need to rush. I'm still going back to my CS and editing it, getting the small details in place.

@Aftershock:
Thanks man, I appreciate the positive comments :D, and no worries, just write your CS and I'll give it a look. You're good regarding the samples, I've seen your writing skills and I know you're a mature RPer for this.

I'm fine with you having dragon people, as long as you keep them in few numbers (as you said) for dragons are very powerful indeed. However, it will also make it all the more interesting, for what will you do when thousands of Dragon Hunters comes after your people? *suspense!*

As for your questions and give you some data:
1) Yes, the dragons are classified as colossal, but I don't know if you're planning on allowing your dragons to be able to take the shape of humans/elves/etc (humanoids, to make it simple).

2) The powers of the Gods stretches as far as your imagination as long as your God is within his/hers Realm. I know that there will be tons of cornage, so the God's powers isn't directly proportional to the number of worshippers.
As long as the God still has a kingdom/nation which worships him/her.

3) A God is completely destroyed if his/hers nation is destroyed and the worshippers near extinction.
If it was otherwise, we'd wouldn't be bold enough to declare war without reason.

4) The amount of devotion won't increase the God's power, BUT it will allow you to have exceptions when you fight wars. Insanely devoted worshippers are less likely to run from a fight or feel terror when they stan face-to-face with monsters.

I hope this answers your questions.

Saxious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:01 am

A yes, I missed this role play. I'm sorry I sort of up and vanished on you guy's last time but stuff in my normal life caught up with me. The appearance of a god of destruction in this Rp stikes me as funny because in the last one I had my war god's avatar secretly be the seal form of his unborn son, which in fact was a god of destruction.

I might role good old Genocide as the war god again, only with slightly different set up for his avatar and civilization.

Wake
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am

Hm, I was also in the RP which Aftershock speaks of. This one greatly interests me too, I used to have a God of Creation, would I be able to create one similar? I was asking this because I didn't know if players can only apply for the positions on the front page. Although those spaces are probably what have already been taken, aka they are players characters. >.< I have just confused myself further. Anyways, I would like to know your response. If need be I can send you some information about my God, if you accept him. Creation doesn't literally mean he created the world (though he might think so). Oh well, i'll just wait to hear your response. No harm done in asking, is there?

God i'm stupid, let me start over.

Hello there my name is Black, previously known as Tabris. I am interested in your RP as it is like a previous one I have been in. That RP is the same one mentioned by Aftershock. I would like to bring back my original character from the other RP and adapt it to suit this one. My character was a God of Creation, though that doesn't mean he literally 'created' the world. My character had a very infatuated self-worth, he believed himself to be the strongest God there is an want to rule over the others. Of course he had much more depth than that, but that was the jist of it. I was wondering if I could bring back that character, providing you agree with it.

I look forward to your reply,

~Black

Black
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Wudgeous wrote:That's a looot of co-GMs. And Ulmo's like the Aquaman of the group.

Extremely insightful and intelligent quips aside, looks like you (guys?) have put a lot of work and thought into it, and this is before really reading any major details in the OOC threads. Good job! :)

Ulmo: It's Sea Man! Not Semen!!!

Anyway, this looks awesome Saxious. Couldn't have done it better myself. I shall have Ulmo's character sheet up soon.

almostinsane
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes! I missed this roleplay! I'll be signing up soon. :)
Oh and I don't mean to sound stupid, but do we have to submit something to the Submission Page before we get accepted?

LuckyNumber24
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Black wrote:Hello there my name is Black, previously known as Tabris. I am interested in your RP as it is like a previous one I have been in. That RP is the same one mentioned by Aftershock. I would like to bring back my original character from the other RP and adapt it to suit this one. My character was a God of Creation, though that doesn't mean he literally 'created' the world. My character had a very infatuated self-worth, he believed himself to be the strongest God there is an want to rule over the others. Of course he had much more depth than that, but that was the jist of it. I was wondering if I could bring back that character, providing you agree with it.

I look forward to your reply,

~Black

Of course you can bring back your old God! Just remember that politics doesn't always praise dictatorial Gods.

almostinsane wrote:
Wudgeous wrote:That's a looot of co-GMs. And Ulmo's like the Aquaman of the group.

Ulmo: It's Sea Man! Not Semen!!!

Anyway, this looks awesome Saxious. Couldn't have done it better myself. I shall have Ulmo's character sheet up soon.

Thank you Almostinsane :D I wanted this remake to be more professional as we've spend too much time talking about the plot.

Yes, readers....There will be a plot and not complete anarchy!

LuckyNumber24 wrote:Yes! I missed this roleplay! I'll be signing up soon. :)
Oh and I don't mean to sound stupid, but do we have to submit something to the Submission Page before we get accepted?

I'm eager to see your character, LuckyNumber24, and yes, we'll need a sample of your writing skills in the Submission Page, just so the GM and the Co-GMs can see how good you are and give you feedback as for how to improve your style for this RP.
It can be any setting, situation, time, etc. We just need to see what you can do.

Saxious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, I'm convinced. This looks to be a very professional roleplay and I believe I shall try my hand at it. Now I just have to come up with a concept of a god. And hope no one goes down a similar route.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Sneakyrio wrote:Well, I'm convinced. This looks to be a very professional roleplay and I believe I shall try my hand at it. Now I just have to come up with a concept of a god. And hope no one goes down a similar route.

You're more than welcomed to use concepts from other gods, such as the Greek, Egyptian and even the Norse (I know these 3 mythologies had the most Gods at their times). Mix them, stew them or chop them! (Sorry, I saw the opportunity XD)

Saxious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok so I just submited my first character(or characters) and I just want to let everyone know I'll be submiting another.
Get ready for the God of Lakes and Rivers,Lust, and Eternal Youth!

LuckyNumber24
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:24 pm

LuckyNumber24 wrote:Ok so I just submited my first character(or characters) and I just want to let everyone know I'll be submiting another.
Get ready for the God of Lakes and Rivers,Lust, and Eternal Youth!

Right, I'm still reading through your CS and...Uhm...The lists of titles is rather staggering, do you have any suggestions for 2 (or 3) titles that could narrow it all down? Otherwise it would really cut down in the possibilities for other players to entering the RP.

Additionally, I found your avatar curiously interesting, does he have a background where he was ever in relation to Mask or did he originate from a Maskman? Such as his manipulation and knife fighting. It won't affect you, but it would made an ironic background.

Post a Sample whenever you have the time and inspiration.

Oran Tarlin wrote:To a long and prosperous roleplay! I'll have Nemea's character sheet up tomorrow, as well as a short summary of what the Dendapim have been up to, and why they've lost their technological edge.

I look forward to what will certainly be an epic writing experience for everyone involved.

Right you're accepted and since you're already a Co-GM and a veteran of the past 3 (or is it 4?) Gods RP, you won't need to make a sample.

Saxious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Oh yes I was worried about that. I'll take out some of the titles.
Could they still bless and curse if I took that our of their titles?

And about Eden, that's a great idea. I hadn't thought about that, but it would make an awesome backround.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 pm

LuckyNumber24 wrote:Oh yes I was worried about that. I'll take out some of the titles.
Could they still bless and curse if I took that our of their titles?

And about Eden, that's a great idea. I hadn't thought about that, but it would make an awesome backround.

Yes, your Goddesses can still bless and curse their own worshipers, not anyone else's. If you want to curse your enemies, you'll need to use your mortals to do that (and even then it isn't certain that it will work (It's much like voodoo. A doll that looks like the person is rarely enough to deal serious blows)).

Saxious
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:57 am

I will have my Character Posted up soon.

Just reading over some of our past posts and char sheets, Much to write :D
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!