Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! »

Players Wanted: Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! »

Gods in a New Age

Gods in a New Age

a part of “Gods in a New Age”, a fictional universe by Bromander Shepard.

Immortal Gods have been ruling over the world of Lorgaine for centuries. Times have changed but the all powerful deities remain ever watchful as they push their own ends. <>Full on Characters, Check back for Chapter 2 Announcements.<>

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gods in a New Age”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gods in a New Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Gods in a New Age"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
I should go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Gods in a New Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arabella13 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am

hey im making a goddess of beauty and stuff :) fyi

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arabella13
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:41 am

Arabella13 wrote:hey im making a goddess of beauty and stuff :) fyi

Reserved via pm. As this is the first reservation made I did accept it via pm. All other reservations however must be made in OOC to allow others too see what's taken and what's not.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

Hey Bro!

Okay, one, totally loving this!!! =D You've out done yourself dude! And two I would like to reserve the Goddess of Fate but known by her brethren or rather slandered by them as the Goddess of Temptation! ;P All will be explained in the CS of course!

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:04 pm

May a God hold more then one title? For example God of Order and War?

If so I would to reserve the God of Order and War.

If not I'll settle for God of Order.
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes Gods can hold multiple portfolios depending on what those portfolios are. For example a big one like death would more than likely limit that god to that single portfolio. Order and war would be fine if you want to do both.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 pm

DuBois_Scarlett wrote:Hey Bro!

Okay, one, totally loving this!!! =D You've out done yourself dude! And two I would like to reserve the Goddess of Fate but known by her brethren or rather slandered by them as the Goddess of Temptation! ;P All will be explained in the CS of course!

x

Fate and Temptation Reserved Scarlett, glad to have you! ;]

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Glad to be here! As always . . .

;P

x

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arabella13 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 pm

SENT! goddess of love and beauty made :3

Arabella13
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissBrightside_ on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Could I reserve the God (or Godess in this case) of Art & Music please?

MissBrightside_
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yru0 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Hey Bromander, liking the look of this! I may see if if I can get up a character, of course due to recent events it may not be up for a few days. Any chance the God of Rebellion could make a resurgence (with slight changes of course)? I'm not too bothered either way as I know that re-using characters, however tweaked, is not always an option and I've got some other ideas running around up there! On that note, what's your policy on overlapping portfolio's? I'll just give an example off the top of my head, say you have a God of Order and War, I picture disciplined conflict with a purpose in mind and then one of Destruction and War; it's still 'War' but more for the sake of the death, pain and suffering.

yru0
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 pm

And we have our first member of the immortal race of Gods! Arabella Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Innocence! Welcome to Godhood!

Goddess of Art & Music reserved for MissBrightside, I look forward to seeing your cs

yru0! Glad to see you've stumbled on my little project here ahaha A god of rebellion would be more than welcome but as you've said he'd need a bit of tweaking to fit for this world. I'm sure you'd do just fine but if you prefer to go with your chaos war god I'd have to have a quick pm back and fourth with Ersatz Creed. What I'd suggest though is to delve more into the division between the war and the type of war you'd be governing, thusly avoiding overlapping too much with Creed's gods portfolio. You could say instead of war your portfolio is conquest, annihilation or genocide. Any of these, while not technically war, are representative of the more horrific sides of war. That allows your god to focus on the chaos, the sheer savagery of military conflict, battle at it's bloodiest. You don't need armies to marshal to a cause, you need death by the sword, axe and spear. You need orcs doing what they love, men giving into temptation and hacking apart their enemies, elves marching off to smite wickedness. Your choice though of course, just my thoughts on the matter. Hope it helps :] I'll pm Creed regardless.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 pm

I'd like the reserve the God of Death and the Dead. I'll rule over and care for those who have passed from the land of the living.
Last edited by Fabricator on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello i would like to reserve a Goddess of Insanity/Madness and Chaos if i may:) thank you i should have her up by tonight or tomorrow depending:)
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Polarisbear12
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:06 pm

The second member of the race of gods is Alahya Goddess of Music & Art, welcome!

Consider The God of Death reserved for you Fabricator, glad to have you on the team ;]

Insanity/Madness and Chaos is now reserved for you Polarisbear12, it's gunna be interesting seeing what you come up with :]

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Glad to be here, and if you ever need a helping hand you know I'm always here.

Just wondering, would it be possible to add Justice to my gods portfolio, just coming up with a rather nice idea of Judge of the Dead concept xD

Fabricator
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:29 pm

I might be calling on your for help sooner rather than later lol ;]

And unfortunately in all the hooplah I never put my reserves for the character I'm creating! :[

I will be making the god of Punishment, Justice, Vengeance and Fear

I do like your idea of a death god who serves as a Judge of the Dead though. I'd be willing to work out where we both serve justice like roles. Perhaps we say the death god is the god of Judgment, as they are the final one who passes a sentence on your immortal soul while my god is the god of justice since he combats injustice and criminality in the world of the living.

Sound good?

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 pm

haha im having so much fun making my chartiex3 also could i add fear to her portfolio or no:)

Polarisbear12
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Lol glad you're having fun ;] Unfortunately fear is taken by yours truly.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 pm

x3haha okay so many ideas bouncing in my head i just hoe i get them all down before they go byebyeXP

Polarisbear12
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!