Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Oh My Gods!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Oh My Gods!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:29 pm

Alright, so I thought this would be interesting. We have a wide and varied community here, with people of all different types and personalities, etc. Now take the fourteen gods below from Greek mythology. Who do you think fits most closely with each god or goddess out of the members of GWing? Keep in mind that gender should not be a deciding factor (i.e. males can be cast as the goddesses if they fit the personality or archetype).

Zeus -the highest ranking and most powerful god, the ruler of Mount Olympus, god of weather.
Poseidon- god of the sea, rivers and springs, floods and earthquakes.
Hera- the goddess Queen of the heavens and stars, of marriage and fidelity.
Demeter- goddess of the fertile earth and agriculture. Her bounty sustains mankind.
Artemis- is the goddess of the hunt, animals, wilderness and the protector of young girls.
Apollo- god of prophesy, light, music, healing, disease and medicine and archery.
Athena- goddess of wisdom, the crafts (especially weaving, pottery and carpentry), inner beauty, education and war.
Hephaestus- god of fire, workmanship, artisans and weaponry and the craftsman of the gods.
Ares- god of war and slaughter.
Aphrodite- goddess of love, sexuality, outer beauty and attraction.
Hermes- god of guidance, travelers, oratory, shepherds, consolation and reunions, patron of thieves, and messenger of the Gods.
Hestia- goddess of the home, family and the hearth.
Dionysus- youngest of the Olympians, and the god of wine, vegetation, fertility and the theater.
Hades- god king of the third portion of the universe, the dark gloomy underworld, home of the dead.

Have fun, and think creatively. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:55 pm

Hey, this is a good idea! I'm not going to do a complete list just yet, becasue I need some time to think on most of them, but I'll put up the ones I know for sure now.

Zeus - Eric (is there even a doubt?)
Poseidon-
Hera-
Demeter-
Artemis-
Apollo-
Athena-
Hephaestus-
Ares- Sin
Aphrodite-
Hermes- Kiyoshi
Hestia-
Dionysus-
Hades-

That's all I've got for now! Later.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:15 pm

I haven't been on the forum enough for this... but here you go Eric.

Zeus- Eric, of course, being the one person who can just say "I don't feel like it anymore" and gwing would cease to exist.
Hera- Seraphina Alighieri
Apollo- I'm tempted to put my own Lacuna here, because she is a healer, and she does do archery...
Ares- Sinful. Sorry, but that's your character.
Hermes- Grifter. It was the "thieves"

I hope you weren't expecting more, I mean, you do call me "Captain Oblivious".

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Zeus - Eric with out a doubt.
Poseidon- Kiyoshi because it seems like he runs the show.
Hera- Seraphina
Demeter- Faye
Artemis- Carrick, heh all he seems to do is hunt and protect girls even though he does want too.
Apollo- Lacuna
Athena- Miyumi because she a mechanic and part of }{ell's Gundams
Hephaestus- Svetlana.
Ares- Sinful. 'nuff said.
Aphrodite- goddess of love, sexuality, outer beauty and attraction.
Hermes- The new Gabe, because he's a teacher?
Hestia- Seraphina again...
Dionysus- Uh...Dionysus.
Hades- Zehlir, beacuse he's probably the bleakest character these days.

I feel like a dick because I nomintated myself...but screw you guys I'm going home.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:56 am

Zeus - Eric, Lmao.
Poseidon-
Hera-
Demeter-
Artemis- Myself. ^_^; I would nominate Miroku if there was one.
Apollo-
Athena-
Hephaestus-
Ares- Sinful. I tag along.
Aphrodite- Isn't that like Narcissus? I vote my Korenzu.
Hermes- Gabe.
Hestia-
Dionysus- Dionysus.
Hades- Zhelir. I just took a few long looks at his posts...

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:47 pm

Zeus-
Poseidon- Kiyoshi. He caused the most random pains in the ass (Floods and Earthquakes) in RP when there was idleness.
Hera-
Demeter- Eric. I believe he is more suited here, as he has given us this great place and by and large let us take it from there.
Artemis-
Apollo- Zachers, may we miss his idle ass.
Athena-
Hephaestus- Ace. =P
Ares- Sin
Aphrodite-
Hermes-
Hestia-
Dionysus- Treize, for what should be obvious reasons.
Hades- I'd have to tack in Zhelir, the character here, but not me personally. ;)
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.