Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Good Beginner's Roleplay?

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

A Good Beginner's Roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm looking to dive in and get my feet wet with this whole Roleplay phenomenon. I've tried it out before and failed miserably, so I'm hoping to start over and take things slow to rack up experience. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can go and who can tolerate a noob (because in my experience, that group of people is veeeeeeeery small). I'd really like to get into this, but it has never worked out well before.... Help? :3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Good Beginner's Roleplay?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SonOfMars on Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 am

My roleplay Blood of the Third Age would be happy to have you, so long as you have a decent knowledge of Lord of the Rings lore.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SonOfMars
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SeeThoseStars on Mon May 26, 2014 11:17 am

Hello :) I'm very new here too, so you can join my roleplay if you like?
Because Castiel is cooler than you

SeeThoseStars
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yokoko on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm interested as well. My writing skills aren't so good and I feel intimidated when trying to write with other people.

yokoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LoriPantera on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm new to the site, but not to roll play gaming. I started playing D&D in the 70's and immediately began revising the rules to suit my ideas and style. I had a very large group of gamers that joined my games whenever I took them public (at SF conventions).

So here is my issue, I'm new to online forum and chat type gaming. I've done D&D via a PBM (Play by mail/email) before, but never on a forum like this. I'm looking for help/pointers to accomplish what I want to do. I began creating a scenario that would be based on a lot of locations and tasks I want the players to accomplish. The problem is I think I started it out all wrong, and now don't know if it is worth finishing.

So I will accept any players, new or experienced and see if this thing can be salvaged and played. I should mention it was started to be a Transgender themed roll play. You do not need to play a transgender character, nor do you need to be transgender to play. It was meant to explore how players would react to or accept having characters magically changing genders. How would you react if your 6' Male Fighter was suddenly changed into a 5' 2" Female, still able to fight with all the same abilities?

Join "From Whence We Came" if you're interested in exploring in a different fantasy world.

LoriPantera
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imaveronica on Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Interested as well! Although this topic seems well out of date...

Imaveronica
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FluffytheArthropleura on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm new here as well, and this is overwhelming!!!!
I love it!!!!
I consider myself to be a fantastic roleplayer, but I have never been exposed to people above my level, so this opens up a new world. Unfortunately, I can't find any roleplays of "my taste".
If anyone would happen to have a nice easy roleplay where being human is not needed, I'd be happy to join.
(I'm not trying to steal your spotlight, I just saw this 'thread' and hopped in.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGtdcNuiGj8

To be awesome, you need to have a balance between finess, and bossness.
I think I do pretty well.

FluffytheArthropleura
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!