Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Good Run

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

A Good Run

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TehDerek on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Well guys, been mighty interestin', but 's time to move on. Sure, I had to make a quick stop by because I was asked for help....But it jus' aint worth it. Yaiba's Blade is open for anyone who wants to mod it, there are some good people collected for that story and I know they'd like for it to continue. So, good luck with that guys, drop me an IM sometime.

Yeah, i'm leaving for a different reason this time instead of my previous one though. Back in the day I left 'cause I didn't like playing the main Hero and Villan at the same time, now i'm leaving 'cause i'm tired of hearing shit about other places I go to. Though don't get me wrong, I see Gwing with ALOT of potential. The new flow of people coming from the Tournament itself will bring it upon a new brink of RP itself and progress it much further than we ever could.

Jus' some final thoughts on the site that I think should still be put up for revision...

Gwing needs rules and organization. Of course I understand its going through some changes right now, but there's still alot to be done.

This kinda' goes with the overhaul thing...People need to have a better way of coming together for an RP and sharing their ideas. Working things out in which if someone has an idea, others can step in an contribute to turning it into much more.

And people need to figure out that RP itself isn't a competition, it's a conglomeration of people for fun! Have a good time! Don't jus' sit there and try to make your fellow RPers look like complete idiots. Step in and lend a hand if they make a mistake, progress as a group, not as a single person.

So yeah, I guess that's about it, all I can really think of right now...Yes, if you couldn't tell, this is the official resignation for whatever type of position I had here in Gwing. I guess at this point, there's only one thing left to say...

Good luck.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TehDerek
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:24 pm

Well you're right, after everything else is said and done there is only one thing left to be said, I'm saying for myself and I'm sure for at least a few others.

We'll miss having you here brother.

So you're right, goodbye, good luck, and godspeed my friend.

But I'll still bug ya from time to time via AIM, that you can be sure of >=D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:28 pm

We'll miss your contributions greatly. You were an incredible asset to the community here.

I totally understand where you are coming from and I am doing my best to fulfill those roles, but I don't think that I am particullarilly right for a moderator position I do think I shall be sticking around and seeing what Gwing will become in the future.

I hope you come back and visit Derek.

Cheers.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:09 am

The same sentiments are echoed throughout those who knew you - it is a pity the many other members here won't get to see that side of you.

I suppose we'll be needing someone from the new set of moderators to step up and fill the space that was held by you - no matter who it is, they'll have a long way to go before they can rival the contributions you've provided GWing. You were one of the driving factors in the beginning, and we are what we are because of influence from people like you.

I'll miss you, and hope you swing by from time to time to say hello.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: A Good Run

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:51 am

Ðerek wrote:
And people need to figure out that RP itself isn't a competition, it's a conglomeration of people for fun! Have a good time! Don't jus' sit there and try to make your fellow RPers look like complete idiots. Step in and lend a hand if they make a mistake, progress as a group, not as a single person.

That is probably the most insightful thing you've ever said about RP.

Shame you're leaving, I'm sure we'll see you around somewhere again. We thank you for your good sentiments. Best wishes to you too.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Some more suggestions...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewbie on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:04 am

Remove some of the tools moderating chat PLZ. There are a few disagreeable "guests" there with /kick privileges. Those type of privileges should be exclusive to FORUM mods and GW veterans, IMHO.

Just a thought.

Jewbie
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:23 am

Jewbie I don't think that fits here. Try going to a sudjestions area this is for saying goodbye.

Good Bye Derek I am new here but you seem like a good guy.

Midnight
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.