Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Goodbye people

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Goodbye people

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 pm

Due to the fact that there are certain members of this community who like to control roleplay because they think they can, I'm bowing out of it and giving all of my credits to Zach Rendar. It was fun while it lasted guys.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JimBob
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Goodbye people

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 pm

Sudara Okami wrote:Due to the fact that there are certain members of this community who like to control roleplay because they think they can, I'm bowing out of it and giving all of my credits to Zach Rendar. It was fun while it lasted guys.

You're kidding.. right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:51 pm

Define taking control of RolePlay? 'Cuz as far as I've seen, no one's done anything out of their power.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:56 pm

Mm, I'm not going to roleplay incorrectly for the sake of someone's power trip. No, I'm not kidding. Like I said, fun while it lasted, but I will not incorrectly roleplay something just because someone says so. You are not special. I will not disagree with Gundam Wing storyline because you say so.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:58 pm

YEah, save for one small problem. We're not in the GWC region. We're past it. The storyline goes anywhere it needs. Including the capturing of MO-V by force.

Oh wait, no one ever used a more powerful MS to gain the upper hand in GWing, did they?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:06 pm

Whatever. I've stated my piece. Take MO-V and trash it, do whatever.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:07 pm

Zhelir is right in a bit, the Story kinda said this was after GW by a bit. So, yeah... Um... Okami-san don't leave us! PLEASE!

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:11 pm

'S too late, mate. She can't take the fact that she played her cards wrong under the assumption we'd be nice to her. She's gawn.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Under the assumption that you'd be nice to me?

I've spoken to ERIC (Remember Master? Created the site? Made this place possible? HOLY FUCK SO DO I!) and he AGREED with me on this. He said it's a technicality in MY favor, and I WILL NOT FUCK WITH GW STORYLINE because YOU want credits. Go leech off some other bastard.

AND EVEN SO, IN YOUR OWN RULES, GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS PAY SHIT.

So, aren't I a government official?

What's that?
YEAH, fuck off.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:16 pm

You shouldn't give up on someone. EVER. People can change, and change their minds. I mean, she might decide to come back. I sure hope so.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:23 pm

right.

So can I. It's called evolving. Once upon a time I'd deal with this shit, but no longer. I don't have the patience to fight about credits. I'm refusing to pay on principle because it's part of the rp. That's what this site is about; rp. This isn't AM. Stop making it that way.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:24 pm

Wow. You really DIDN'T read them?

First off, our rules say gov't officials DON'T pay them (I'm assuming that's what you meant.) But, what's that? Colony gov't officials? Yeah! But, MO-V isn't part of the Lagrange colonies, as you so openely scream out. Therefore, you don't fall under this rule. Much as you want RP bent in your favor, you don't get the good without the bad. You wanted your independance so badly, so you got it, and all its consequences.

Again, we're 3 years after GWing's story line. There's nothing set forth to follow, aside fomr technical data and whatnot. Hell, at the end of EW, it says Mobile Suits were never seen again.

Oh, shit, they were, weren't they? Yeah. It's not possible to 100% following GWing's story line. Sorry to puncture your arguement, here, but I just can't sit by and watch you make shit up to clear your name, now, can I?

As I said in AIM, if it's not about credits, why not just pay up? Why do WE go for the credits? It's in our charter, genius. You don't obey, you get punished. Yeah, that's in there, too. I'm sorry we don't break our own rules?

Unless I hear differently from Eric, I don't have a doubt in my mind that it's fair for the Colonies to punish MO-V. You made it clear as day you weren't going to comply with a group far more powerful than your own. You signed your own death warrant.

By the way. Credits are the nly method of gaining mobile suits, something the colonies need to do badly, as Earth has more members equipped than the colonies. Therefore, we need to gather them, hence TAXATION (though NO government taxes its citizens to help pay for gov't programs, right?)

Yeah. Next arguement?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:28 pm

Right, thank you dictator Rain. And you've defeated your point. your stores, which is another way of making money? Eric was going to make it so that they don't get stocked unless I get paid. so...

Wouldn't that tax money come back to me ANYWAY?

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 pm

Zhelir Darkfall wrote:
By the way. Credits are the nly method of gaining mobile suits, something the colonies need to do badly, as Earth has more members equipped than the colonies. Therefore, we need to gather them, hence TAXATION (though NO government taxes its citizens to help pay for gov't programs, right?)

Yeah. Next arguement?

Earth has a smaller population, and only three members equiped. Two with fairly ones, and the other inactive.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Or they're ordered to be restocked, with the same threats as the tax. In times of war, whining about how the other side can do something about their threats doesn't get you anywhere. The colonies threatened Earth, and acted on it, and no one seemed to have complaint. What makes you so special?

By the way, another nifty point from our rules you didn't read: We're a stratocracy. Military tells who they want t odo what they want, or they get shot. You think we spare our enemies this consequence?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:38 pm

Okay. I don't see why the Credits is a big deal. O_o; I've paid like 300,000 Credits already. Lost a Mobile Suit. And I've been in jail more than twice.

Money comes back. No biggy.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:53 pm

It's the principle.

Teddy grahams and Inu Yasha make a perfect night, I'm convinced.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:57 pm

Sudara Okami wrote:It's the principle.

Teddy grahams and Inu Yasha make a perfect night, I'm convinced.

It is indeed, but none-the-less. The RP is turning out very interesting. A key player in it leaving would suck. Plus you're awesome. If you want. I'll pay the frikkin tax for you!

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:59 pm

"Wouldn't that tax money come back to me ANYWAY?"

Then why do you have a problem paying the tax? And the only reason why I said YOU might have to pay the tax is because you said yourself that you are not part of our Lagrange. Government officials are for the colonies and the Stratocracy. If you're an opposing political party, you do not fall under these rules. Everything was CLEARLY stated word for word in the tax outline LONG before you even came to space.

I thought I was being lenient on you by giving you a break from the taxes and assuming you would be part of the colonies as a whole. I even clearly spelled it out and made a specific paragraph dedicated to the special rules for the MO-V cluster. I specifically stated that visitors and residents of the MO-V Resource Satellite would still have to pay the tax.

If you don't want to be part of the goverment, that's fine. You can go on and try to rebel against the government of space and do your own little thing. However the colonies will then gaze upon the resource satellite as a desireable aquisition for this time of war. The 250,000 credit fee was initially just for Zach since he had not sworn to perform some kind of useful task for the government.

Initially, Kaden, Zhelir, and I had planned to form an alliance with both you and Zach and integrate you into government positions or align you with }{G, however you went straight to Eric and seperated yourself from our government.

Now I hate to bring Eric into this, but for this part I must. I talked to Eric about this aswell, and I am not breaking any rule. I said very clearly to you that I was demanding your credits as per the no tolerance policy of a Stratocracy. You either conform, or else it is within our power to go to any extent necessary to force you to conform and then unleash any excess punishment we desire if we succeed.

That's not going against anything in any kind of Gundam Wing. In fact, that's logic. If someone doesn't do what you want them to do, then you oppose them and punish them. Isn't that what ALL of the wars and battles in Gundam Wing were about? To end the reign of a tyranical power for peace? Well excuse me for trying to play an antagonist the way they SHOULD be played. Don't be mad because I do my job better than you expected.

It's not my right as an Admin or as a member of this site to say you should leave, but when you criticize my role playing on the grounds that you didn't like the way I placed you in a position you didn't agree with, that's just hypocritical. I'm doing exactly what my job is supposed to do. Universal domination is the goal of both the current Earth Leader (No matter how inactive he may seem) and the Colony leader. As the role player of the Colony Leader, I will do everything necessary to reign victorious as the universal sovereign. That's the goal of every dictator, more power. I just do it more subtly than most.

This is true role play, not your idealistic "make everyone happy" role play. I'm role playing my character in the most logical way. If you were a dictator and someone attempted to sucede from your nation, would you not do something about it?

That should be enough of a rant to end this discussion. What you do is your choice, I just feel sorry that Zach will be left hanging without you.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:07 am

Secede.

And if I were seceding, that would assume MO-V was there in the first place. I'm still walking. It's my decision, Zach has all of my credits. you can go on and be a dictator on your own, I don't care.

I'm not leaking, dammit.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.