Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library »

Players Wanted: Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! »

Google Your Username!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Google Your Username!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm

So out of some randomness, I decided to Google my username (the newest one) and see what popped up!

I got some super interesting things like:

A Volkswagen model.
Lipbalm.
A titan goddess of dawn.
A lovely wine salon.
And Nasa's Earth Observing System.

That last one really makes me giggle.

So I am very curious to see what else is floating out there with other Google'd usernames. So, go ahead and take the dare to see where else your name pops up! Just remember though, inappropriate sites are bad. Very bad. Don't ruin the fun!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Re: Google Your Username!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Hehe. I totally agree; this is a fun game. Firstly, it asked me if I wanted to correct my search to 'Imahal' which made me laugh.
I got a lot of stuff that uses 'Ime-Hal' or 'Imehai'...

Epidemiological Studies to Estimate Effects of Low-level Exposures, for example.
IMEHA: International Model Equine Hobbyists Association.
Lots of roleplaying links, both from the Gateway and elsewhere.
An OkCupid dating profile which I believe is mine... o_O
My eBay account.

I'm a boring old sot me!
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Well, so far I got:

A pan-arabic empire.
Lots of footstools.
Coffee.
More stuff about the empire.
More footstools.
Even more footstools...

Can't say I got much variety to me. :/

Ottoman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pseudosyne on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

The uniqueness of my name kind of worked against it. Besides the first result, which was the blog of some guy using the nick Pseudosyne, every result on the page was either a profile or post of mine.

Pseudosyne
Scholar
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scythe Massakür on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

It comes up with my profile on various sites and posts I've made. That is it.
Scythe Massakür's quote of the month:

Women are like whiskey: pleasing to the eye, warming to the heart, and the cause of the world’s worst headaches.

Scythe Massakür
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm

I got my posts and profiles...plus there's a site called Rainbowcorridor.com
I'm afraid to visit the site, I don't want to see!

RainbowCorridor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Ha! Poor Ottoman. And good job on being uber creative Pseu and Scythe. Not that others aren't creative, they just invented super creative ones is all.

Prose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Hrm. Let's do this... I wonder if we Bing it, I'll get different results....

Lesse, on images for Katana_Wing.

Cupcakes.
Omi from XS. Woop!!!
My icons. WTF?
Neon Lights.
Old dudes all up in the camera, looking pissed.
My user profile on RPG. first freaking result.

pkdark's...
My old glogster profile. Woooow.
A recipe for dark chocolate.
Beer. Lot's of beer.
My QuakerandBowen, dead Sonic RP forum, profile.
Yeah. PK gets arooound. Not in that way.

JewelGlutton
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 pm

A lot of stuff is me, quite a bit of stuff isn't me, by me or even about me.

Such as the bull on "ThePowderToy."
And a lot of the Google image results.
Mostly drawings and 3D stuff from my dA... maybe a few from SA mixed in there, despite never going there anymore.
And a lot from World of Warcraft, despite only played the 14-day trial back in 2008 with a different username.
Lots of me being tagged or something in other dA posts, as well as mentioned in other places (Mech3.org comes to mind).
A few links to posts here on RPGateway.

Probably others, but I'm too lazy to dig through all the pages. Especially when all of them seem to be favorites people have of stuff on my dA.
AceDarkfire's deviantArt page
Former RPGateway Admin

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Ha ha! This is such a fun game, Eos.

Lilaiy:

It asks me if I want to change my search to Lilay, wherein there are a great many fun things, including - Lilay: Darling of the Crowd - a movie!

Alas, when I change my search to Lilaiy 'tis only posts of me :]
Some Twitter and Flickr shenanigans I used to use when I played World of Warcraft
And of course, RPG posts!

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

There is no hope of me finding RPG posts with Eos. I'd have to dig forever!

Prose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Mine kept trying to correct it to:Alasund D'asti..

Apart from that, and the fact that the first 6 results were all from here, I got:
Stammbaum André DECLOITRE - GeneaNet(Which is in a completely different language!)

And a couple of translation sites??
Ah well....
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 pm

If you google "Ylanne S." or "Ylanne Sorrows", of all the thousands of hits, nearly all are things I've written or been tagged in on other people's sites. Googling "Ylanne" by itself, however, gives four out of the pages on the first page of results as things I've written or created, one being an RPG post.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Well. Relic is obviously a brand for handbags and watches.. Also has a website. A movie. Images are well.. Relics. xD

For Symphony I got some form of IBM Lotus crap.. Wiki. Then a bunch of different symphony bands, with the San Francisco Symphony being first. Oh, and picture wise, I got sheet music, and a bunch of pianos. Yay for different usernames! xD

Symphony
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Basically, all I get is the "12th single released by Nana Kitade"... :/ It's an opening theme for an anime I believe, because that's the third hit.

Then, a dining bar... Some random weeaboo's youtube page... Lyrics to the previously stated song... A manga...

Nothing for the first few pages...

HOWEVER, if you type in Tsukihana, and then Role Play Gateway, ALL YOU GET IS ME. /facepalm

Oh the stars above, how narcissism hath taken its toll upon me, that I should find myself upset.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 am

SWITCHFOOT. Favorite band, just saying.

For those of you aware or not aware of the origin of my username, the actual name of the upcoming (since last year) album is Vice Verses but I changed it, and added the "us" to ViceVersus.

So yeah. Sort of a hidden story there. Interesting that it comes up, then, as a typo.

All the same, bam! There's my name history. And I don't even know what Babelgum is.

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:55 am

You google my username, you get......

Lots of Gatewaystuff about meee :D

XavierDantius32
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terrus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am

Lets see....Terrus....

Oh hey! I'm a real estate company, and some wine!

Terrus
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:08 am

O_O I specify the maximum temperature at which crystals can co-exist with the melt in thermodynamic equilibrium.

Liquidus
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!