Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Graffiti Wars

Graffiti Wars: Gang Ranking System and etc. OFFICIAL.

a part of “The Graffiti Wars”, a fictional universe by reveries.

Despite their conflicts down the years, they've both had a single thing in common: their love for art. But the two gangs that color the streets of the New York undergrounds, may have to put aside their mutual passions when they cannot forgive and forget.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Graffiti Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Would you like to go for the Gang Ranking System? All in favor, say aye, all in opposition, say nay.

Poll ended at Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:06 am

Aye
100%
Nay
No votes

Total votes : 6

[OOC] Graffiti Wars: Gang Ranking System and etc. OFFICIAL.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 pm

A question was brought to me, and caught my attention.

Since the Depictioners and the Hounds are technically still gangs, not official organizations or anything, being somewhat like the Mafia could bring things like this into consideration. They're both underground gangs whose members just have a great passion for art. So they need organization, yes? And so comes brought forth a ranking system. Both the Depictioners and the Hounds would probably vary on their ranks, but this is good idea of I imagine it to be:

• LEADER(S)- The founder, or person who naturally takes charge with their own leadership. Whether by personality-wise or mutual respect.
  • OFFICER(S)- Members who have been around longer, and generally make sure that the newbies don't get too crazy.
  • BLACK - The OFFICERS who take care of betrayers, ex-members, threats to the gang. The main ones who give the gangs a more violent image.
  • WHITE- The OFFICERS who take care of the government issues, supervisors to testings and member initiations and group projects.
  • PLANK(S)- Members who do not have any authority to make important decisions; been around for about a year or more. Are superior to the newbies.
  • NEW(BIE(S)- Self explanatory. Are officially PLANKS after gaining some rep. and being in the gang after a test and a year.

However, this is just something that's a bit crazy. The Leader thing is a definite, but I think it's best to be up to everyone to decide whether you'd like this. Your choice guys.

On another note. I haven't been exactly clear as to how they came into existence, and so Black Officers and White Officers (I'm still pending on those titles.. Lame? And, whether the ranking system stands) would weed out the bad ones, and the Leader generally picks out the ones for the official initiations, where from there is much, much harder work.

I don't think that this would be absolutely necessary to place in the Introduction. Unfortunately, this would involve you guys having to decide what rank your characters would be, unless you don't mind. Anyway, you should decide after your character is accepted, so yeah. If indecisive, I could always determine you character's rank -- if needed.

.. Also, gang markings? I can't believe that I didn't even think about this before. /slams head against wall. Tats, badges, clothes.. I 'unno. This is also up to discussion. I'd like you all to be involved with this RP as much as possible. This can become something beautiful~! (:
Last edited by reveries on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reveries
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Graffiti Wars: Gang Ranking System and etc. OFFICI

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Ranks would be cool, but sadly, they don't apply to Finn as he's an indie artist... I could come up with some tat designs for each of the gangs if you want, but they'll be crappy quality digital pics, since I'm away from home and don't have my scanner...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 pm

I concur> Ranks would be really good. Give more organization to the whole thing. I think Abi would be either a newbie or A plank... can't decide. And I think the white/black thing for the names is cool.
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

I feel like it's fine as long as we don't overemphasize them; it'll make it too restricting and even over complicated. But it's not a bad idea.

I have no idea what Danny would be. He's not exactly the loyal type, nor is he particularly smart. But he's also a good order follower as long as you know how to handle him, and he's strong, so he could keep everyone in line, which would make him a good Black. But I can't imagine he's been in the gang more than two years, as he bores easily and wouldn't fear deserting when he got sick of it. So, I'll leave it up to you.

Nightgem
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 am

I think the whole 'Ranking' thing is a good idea, but I can't think of what Riku would be...he isn't quite crazy enough to be a 'Black', nor is he responsible enough to be a 'White'...but I can see him being in the Depictioners for a while, so he wouldn't be a 'Plank' or 'Newbie'...it's a tough one, it has to be said...maybe I could edit him to make him a bit crazier, so he could be a 'Black'? I dunno...

As for markings...tattoos seem a bit too extreme 'Gang-like', though if the whole thing is about Art, then it makes sense that they could use their own bodies as a canvas, like I made Riku do...On the other hand, since Art is about expression in different ways, maybe it wouldn't matter as long as they indicated their allegience in some way? So that they still seem like a group, but individuals at the same time? Maybe just make it simple, like a logo or a specific color, to represent them, and then just let the members decide how they want to include it?

Just a few ideas to start off with, I tend to think about these things too much...just let me know when I start to ramble, kay?
"What is the price of eternal life? To be unable to walk in the sun ever again - to part with complete finality from the world in which you've lived all your life never to return for all eternity."

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing" ~Ansem

“A true friend stabs you in the front. "

BekaL101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 pm

@rockerr69
I can understand. But, these are just in pending -- there may be more ranks, so there are more options in which Finn could take. It's just a matter of interesting suggestions. And yes! Some original tat designs, despite any quality as long as it can be seen, would be awesome.

@pieluver
Thank you! Well, should this be official, if everyone's willing to go along with the idea, and more is added, and there still is an indecisiveness, I'm always here to help decide rankings.

@Nightgem
True. Freedom is key component in this RP. Well, I never said that there would any requirements to be a plank or a newbie to be a Black Officer.. But I suppose things will be worked out. :D

@BekaL101
Oh, love, I wouldn't really mind your rambles as I can understand, it's fine. I'd really like to have this system without anyone 'adjusting' their character to fit the system, but rather, I'd prefer to adjust the system to fit the character.

That's actually a very good point, as you've got me thinking up a few ideas as well. Seeing as some characters may or may not be willing to gain a tat, perhaps it will be a requirement upon specific rank? Also, since this is graffiti, there's always that chance of the Po-po (Er, Local Law Enforcement) to be trying to sniff out members, and use the markings as their advantage, to rat out others and etc. The members could have a meeting every specific time period, and debate on what their new insignia, as so to throw off their trails. Though this is complicated, it could prove to be useful should the RP begin to get inactive. What would you and anyone else reading this think?

And, despite the 'gang' like features, in my opinion, they're both just two big happy dysfunctional families, that just hate the other family's guts! From that perspective, it would seem more Mafia-like though.. Haha.

reveries
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

You could use your ranks and mob/family ideas and mesh them somewhat.

For instance, in the Mafia, you have your boss, his immediate underlings (the officers), then you have the people that "planks" and "newbies". But there's always those people that are part of the bigger whole, but never involved in the major stuff, like legit family members, people that help keep things running like the general workers and the like.

So for the people, like Danny, who doesn't really have the desire to be an officer, but clearly isn't a newbie and not quite within the confines of a plank, they could just be one of those other people, not as involved, but no less important.

Then ya have people like Jeremy, has a definite position and Vincent who is rather obviously designed to be a black officer.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 am

.. I like it. Gah, it's making me a bit emotional over how overwhelming it feels to have so much progress in this RP. 'Specially since it's my first, haha.

So.. the main concern was that some of the rankings didn't fit the characters.. I see. This mesh could clear up the problems..! Brilliant credit going to ValaunDae'Voth, of course. Alright then! It's official, yes? No? Maybe so? If so, we could get to ranking them, by your or mine decision. All in favor say, 'Aye'? I shall get to the official official ranking system shortly after. .. A poll could be more appropriate for this.

EDIT: To the top of your page! (:D) Scrolling..

reveries
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Aye! :3

Nightgem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:51 pm

New Official Gang Ranking System:

• LEADER - The founder, or person who naturally takes charge with their own leadership. Whether by personality-wise or mutual respect.
  • CO-LEADER - The next one in should the LEADER turn up dead or in jail. Is usually chosen by LEADER him/herself, through spoken or written word. Is only a rank as the replacement. Has no power until they become LEADER.

• OFFICER(S) - Members who have been around longer(two years), and generally make sure that the newbies don't get too crazy. Are somewhat like captain leaders to groups of LIEUTENANT OFFICERS, PLANKS, SENIORS, and NEWBIES.
  • -- LIEUTENANT OFFICER(S) - Members who have been around for least one year and a half and are 'training' to become an actual OFFICER. Is technically and often partnered up with an OFFICER. (Safety in numbers.)
  • --- BLACK - The OFFICERS or LIEUTENANT OFFICER(S) who take care of betrayers, ex-members, threats to the gang. The main ones who give the gangs a more violent image.
  • --- WHITE - The OFFICERS LIEUTENANT OFFICER(S)who take care of the government issues, supervisors to testings and member initiations and group projects in more 'legal' approach towards handling things.

• SENIOR(S) - Those members who have higher authority than both PLANKS and NEWBIES, but aren't involved in the major stuff like OFFICERS. Have been around for about one year and a half.
  • PLANK(S) - Members who do not have any authority to make important decisions; been around for about one year or more. Are superior to the NEWBIES.
  • NEW(BIE(S) - Self explanatory. Are officially PLANKS after gaining some rep. and being in the gang after one year, in which they will be tested.

• ASSOCIATES - These are not official gang members who have initiated, but rather have contributed to the gang in some way. From info brokers, double agents from the Federal Law, merchants who provide them with art supplies (and perhaps weapons), etc.

I've decided to take on a much more very Mafia-like approach, and added more ranks to reconsider. I want to thank ValaunDae'Voth's idea as the inspiration to several ranks, and helping out, as well as everyone who also brought in their opinions. Such as rockerr69, pieluver, Nightgem, and BekaL101!

So, everyone's new opinion of the ranking system?

Once everyone's decided and agreed, they should add it in their profiles(at the top. :D), after the requested rank have been approved with gang name in front. For those are in the neutral zone, you can just put ASSOCIATE as a ranking, not including gang name though as you can be on either side, since they're going to be involved somehow, right? Well, that is, if it's all agreed and such.

reveries
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Excellent. I like this ranking system very much. ^_^

I'm gonna request Danny be a Senior. :3

Nightgem
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Just thought of something...I said in an earlier post here that I didn't think Riku was crazy enough to be a 'Black'...but the fact that he's so presise and clinical about things is just a little bit creepy, dontcha think? It could probably indicate some form of crazy-ness, so him being a 'Black' could actually work...If it's okay, could I make him a 'Black'? I think this would be interesting...
If that's not suitable, I'll just make him a 'Senior' instead...

BekaL101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reveries on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Hm. Seeing as Riku such a perfectionist, I sort of see can him as a 'Black'. But the role usually calls for more aggressiveness, as can be seen in Vincent, you know?

reveries
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:02 am

Ok, fair enough. I'll make him a 'Senior' then, but he might be a bit more involved with gang stuff than the role describes. Really can't see him as an 'Officer', or anything like that. He may be a perfectionist and all that, but no way is he reponsible enough for any position of that kind of authority. He is organised, yes, but working that closely with other people would mess up his habits too much, and stress him out. OCD much?

BekaL101
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!