Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? »

Players Wanted: A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp »

Greetings from Scotland!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings from Scotland!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ScotRoss on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:00 am

Hey all!

My name is ScotRoss but you can just call me Ross.

If its not immediatley obvious my forum username comes from a combination of my nationality (Scottish) and my given name. I'm not the most scottish sounding or looking person around, hailing from the midlands rather than the highlands, though I'm proud of my heritage nonetheless.

I heard about these forums from a friend some time ago and though they might be worth checking out. I've roleplayed on some forums before and even played a few TRPG games too, though I often found that the long breaks between short sessions leave me unsatisfied. So thats what brought me here, a search for consistent and hopefully better quality roleplaying!

My experience in roleplaying goes back a good 4 to 5 years. Most of that experience is roleplaying on sites such as Reddit or equivalent forums, though the last few years I've been involved in a few Scifi and High fantasy TRPGs. Personally I enjoy Scifi and more realistic roleplaying the most. Shows like "The Boys" and fiction like "Worm" probably represent my ideal setting; A world where there are people with powers or abilities beyond the norm but very much still human. Heroes, Villians and Monster who arent immediatley given an equal start and sometimes find themselves worse of for their powers. Anyways, I'd better not ramble on about this too much, I think you get the idea.

Beyond these forums I have a few main hobbies, most of them are things I indulge in on my time off from work while relaxing from home, but I'll keep things interesting by starting with the two things that dont involve lying around all day. These two things are Scuba Diving and Travelling, basically seeing the world above and below the water - Theres so much to see away from the confines of civilisation and I often arrange diving and such when I'm on holidays to check out the local wonders. Other than this I play alot of video games and read a ton of manga. At the moment I'm getting really into Animal Crossing, but before that I was reading this awesome manga call "How many light-years to babylon"

Right, Lets bring this to a close here. I hope that this isnt too long and I hope that I manage to make a few good friends out of the people that do read this and those that I encounter elsewhere on the forums.

Lots of Love from Scotland! - Ross

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ScotRoss
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author

Re: Greetings from Scotland!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:08 pm

Welcome to RPG, Ross! I get the sense that you're going to fit in well, but maybe that's just a hunch ;)

Make sure to take a look through the list of Universes to find something of your liking, and the "Scenes" page for quick insights into what's active. Both are linked up top in the navbar!

Eager to see you around!
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 16 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello, and welcome to RPG! We basically have two types of RPs here - the Multiverse and the other Universes. I call them non-Multiverses. :p Anywho, the big difference is that the Multiverse is a divergent place with many characters, storylines, and settings to explore! The Non-Multiverses are typically where you will find your linear stories that follow a more direct path. They typically have a small cast of characters and fill a niche.

I would suggest that, before you dig your fingers into creating anything new, exploring some of the Universes and the Multiverse that are already out there. The Multiverse is quite active, but we also have some pretty active Universes that you might enjoy.

Here is a list of Universes that I feel might interest you:
--Superhumans Anonymous
--New Mutants
--Camp Athens II (A limited number of spots are pretty open, I think)
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Allaran_Darkbane on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:46 pm

Hello ScotRoss and welcome to Roleplaygateway! I can see that you like to write. It's nice to meet you. Enjoy your visit to the forums. Maybe I'll see you around.
I serve in the darkness to protect the light.

Allaran_Darkbane
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Promethean World Builder Tipworthy Conversationalist Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!