Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Greetings!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Greetings!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CreativeChaos on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Hello, hello!

I am Creative Chaos, but you can just call me Creative. Or Chaos.

Actually, no, both of those sound terrible on their own. Please do not call me either.

I suppose you can call me C.C. for short? Yep, that'll work well enough.

Anyways, moving on...

I'm a roleplayer of a little over three years, a writer of a few more, and a storyteller for as long as I've been able to talk. In particular, I love worldbuilding, and if any of you wind up writing with me, you will probably get very tired of that very, very soon (I have a habit of liking to work out every little detail of my settings). Mostly, I write/roleplay science fiction or fantasy, though do enjoy crafting the occasional realistic fiction tale as well, and on here, I'll mostly be looking to find partners for 1x1s or small groups (as my former experience with larger groups trying to write a comprehensive story has tended to end in complete and utter failure at best).

So, a little more about myself...

Besides being a writer, I'm also an avid reader, an aspiring artist, a fangirl (at the moment, especially of Doctor Who, Discworld, and Once Upon a Time), a mythology nerd, and a self-proclaimed history buff (at some point, I want to write some historical fiction, actually, but know the chances of me managing to get past the research stage for that are next to nothing). I love winter, binge-watching sitcoms, pizza, and drinking an insane amount of tea.

Aaaaand I think that about sums me up.

Looking forward to roleplaying with all of you!

- C.C

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CreativeChaos
Member for 5 years
Friendly Beginnings Conversationalist

Re: Greetings!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:14 pm

Welcome C.C.! Glad to have you here at RoleplayGateway.

Also <3 Discworld is probably one of my all time favorite series.

I'm also a fantasy/scifi roleplayer, hit me up if you need anything like players or help with the site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 14 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CreativeChaos on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Absenthia wrote:Welcome C.C.! Glad to have you here at RoleplayGateway.

Also <3 Discworld is probably one of my all time favorite series.

I'm also a fantasy/scifi roleplayer, hit me up if you need anything like players or help with the site.

Thank you, and glad to be here! :)

Also, do you mind if I actually take you up on that offer? I have a couple questions about the site that don't seem to be in any of the newbie guides.

CreativeChaos
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Not at all! Ask away.

Our newbie guides are a couple years old and we've undergone some renovations since then.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 14 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CreativeChaos on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 am

Awesome, thanks! So, where do I look for alerts about replies to my threads or posts? I didn't see any notifications about replies to this thread (just checked for them myself), so not sure if I'm just not looking in the right place. Also, for some reason, where the 'author statistics' section is on other members' profiles, there's nothing on mine except a quote, which I definitely didn't put there. I'm assuming this is just something the site's creators made a thing to use to fill up that space on a new member's profile until they've made their first post or something, but despite my having done that, it's still there, and the author statistics are still missing. Kinda confused as to what's happening there...

CreativeChaos
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:25 am

Okay where to start... let’s see here. (bear with me I’m on a tablet, not an actual computer at the moment)
  • Notifications
    Notifications (that box up by your username) do not correspond to the forums. Forum subscription notices come through the email you used to register with the site. The little “0” by your name is posts you’ve had a character tagged in or posts in a RP you’re running.
  • Author Stats
    This is all of your IC content ever. Since I wrote a lot in the Multiverse RP previously, and occasionally do my own rps, that’s how this gets tallied. It won’t show up until you get started running your own RP, writing in RPs, making characters etc.

Anything else? :)

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CreativeChaos on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:44 am

Okay, all good to know; that clears up a lot. And, nope, I'm good for now. Thanks again for the help!

CreativeChaos
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Hello C.C, nice to meet you, and I'm sure you'll have a great time here!
I understand why you would want to find 1 on 1 or small group at least, and i think it should be easy to find someone.
About research stage...I think there is no need to know everything when you write historical fiction, good luck :)

Zaria
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ajar on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:24 am

Hey there! Also new here, myself. I'd love to jump into some 1x1 worldbuilding together if you're game, C.C.!

I'm a big SFF nerd, and tend to really love stuff more on the 'bizarro' spectrum - weird speculative fiction with absurd creatures or grotesque elements dialed up to 11, things of that nature I suppose (and more). But generally I'm into SFF through and through and not at all constrictive.

Hope we'll see each other around and get to play at some point, at least!

Ajar
Member for 5 years
Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 am

I see, and I'm game :)
Though fair warning, I'm not sure about absurd creatures, unless we're talking about killer rabbit! Stronger than a dragon and ripping heads off! ^^ - Monthy Python and Graal was way too funny :)

Zaria
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!