Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Greetings

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katastrofy on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:01 am

Hello,

My nickname is Katastrofy and has been for quite a few years, well that and many more to add to that number. I have been rping since 2000 when I stumbled across an RP room on Talk City while playing with my webtv (cringes). I went from there to stumble across this RP and that, even making my own at one time. Now I am checking this one out to see what it is about.

I could talk more about me and my rp history, but I will stop here for in the future maybe I will tell more. *wink*

I use Pirch and with that I am curious to the server information and roomname of the chatroom you all play on.

Thank you for the pleasure of stumbling across your game.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Katastrofy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:34 am

I like your name.

And with that said, welcome to GWing, Katastrofy. Good extensive experience is always a plus and I'm sure you'll get along right well in here. It also sounds like you've been around the block a few times, so no need for me to bore you with lengthy rule lists and all sorts of other needlessness.

Just enjoy yourself here and have fun. And for that IRC information, the server is irc.surrealchat.net and the main GWing chat channel is #GWing. Things might get a little crazy about this time of night, but it's always fun in there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katastrofy on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 am

Thank you for the introduction. I will check it out!

Katastrofy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 am

You are quite welcome! Your purpose is the introduction. How do you plan to do this?

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katastrofy on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:38 am

I meant information not introduction.

10 hours work than playing on the internet is not always wise lol.

Katastrofy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:40 am

By the way, a lesson we all learn sometime is to ignore HAL. Buggy AI systems'll screw with your head.

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katastrofy on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 am

LOL! He (?) amused me actually. It is not always annoying when mistakes are pointed out, that time it happened to be funny.

Katastrofy
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:43 am

Welcome!

If you're looking for forum RPing, feel free to join in anywhere. However, judging by your intro, I assume you're more into chat-based RP. Any and all types are welcome, but the main story that has been running is that of Terra.

Most of the documented bits on it are in there -- anything with reference to Metro or Wing City. We're always looking for more people to join in.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:22 am

Welcome to RPGateway A.K.A Gwing.net! Glad to see that someone with your experience has stumbled upon our humble boards. Looks like the chat information was already given to you, so feel free to pop in any time. There's usually a few people around to talk to and get yourself familiarized with everything. And so with that said, please feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure you'll quickly find that this community is one of the most helpful encouraging communities available. The staff here is very supportive and we are heavily based around user input. If you have suggestions or concerns on how to improve your role playing experience here, please let us know.

Anyway, I'm sure you're itching for some roleplay, so help us understand a little bit about your character. If you haven't checked it out already, try looking in the Profile Section and making a profile for your character so we know what you're all about. And if you're up to it, take a glance at some of the other's to get yourself familiar with some of the other characters.

If you're in the chat and you're just not sure where to go in Wing City, just head to Gambit's Bar in the Red Light District. You can't miss the big red neon lights from the sign. It's right next to the bright pink ones from the Strip Club next door. Gambit's Bar is a great place to meet new people and get your fix on almost any beverage of your choosing. Tip well please. =)

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:11 pm

Sinful, you're horrible, trying to get your chat character business at the welcome desk!

Oo, random idea- a brochure thread for the welcome desk. I'll have to talk to Eric about that.

Anyway, welcome! I have been a bit busy lately, so I've tried to pull my characters out of the chat thread, but I do pop in there now and then. And I'll probably spend a TON of time there once the summer comes.

Chat nicks: Nicola, Inizia, Miyumi, Lacuna, Yani. Miyumi's the usual one. Feel free to call me Yumi, Umi, or Iyu-Chan (though Kizera might not like someone else using her name for me =P).

I see everyone else pretty much covered everything else, so I hope to see you around.

HAPPY RPing!

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katastrofy on Fri May 25, 2007 9:43 am

I stumbled across this site a long time ago, and it seems it is time to stumble again to check it out once more. When I last came about, I went to the room and found it not active... perhaps this time I will find some entertainment!

Anyway.. this is an unofficial *bump* to get my post at the top so people will post to me... Feel free to say things!!!

Katastrofy
Member for 11 years

Re: Greetings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Fri May 25, 2007 2:31 pm

Hola and salutations... I'm not sure if I should be angry because you "deserted" because I wasn't around when you were before... anyway... welcome! Hope you get into forum RPs eventually, because those are more my style.
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.