Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Greetings! ^..^

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Greetings! ^..^

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:52 am

Hey there all!

Firstly this looks like one heck of a promising group! I really hope to be a part of this community and being an avid role player (been role playing for a good number of years now...even though I still suck at it, lol!) I feel this is certainly the place to be!

Okay, what I would like to ask, before I do any kind of posting what rules should I be familiar with/know of before hand? And if there's a link to the rules section, please tell me what be it?

Any and all info would be much apreciated, thanks! I just want to make sure of things before I go ahead and post. ^..^
"It's time to rock...and RIDE!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Greetings! ^..^

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Hey, welcome to RPGateway! It's a great place to be, and we're always looking for new members! As for the rules, just try http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7. Those are the guidelines to RPing here!
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Hello, and welcome!

Besides the general guidelines, most rp's have rp-specific rules. Some of them require that you post a character profile before joining. Some just require that you post a profile sometime soon after joining. Stuff like that. So, pick an rp you like the looks of, read the first post (where the rules should be), and jump on in!

~Miyumi

ps I too am an rp junkie. No, seriously, if I don't rp for two weeks, I get the shakes. O.O

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PunkRockinHobbit on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:57 pm

Mae govannen! Welcome!

In addition to the helpful tools Zee and Miyumi have provided for you, if you feel your rp skills are a little "lacking," perhaps you'd like to visit The Roleplay Academy for a little tutorial rp'ing. The tutors there are more than willing to give you a hand in whatever areas you feel you may be lacking in. And, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feel free to pm a mod, admin, or one of our friendly faces! We're all about helping any way we can.

Again, welcome! Your stay here will be great, I just know it!
ImageImageImage

PunkRockinHobbit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:28 am

Wow! This is certainly one of the warmest welcomes I have in a forum in a long, long time! Thank you ^..^!

In saying that personally I have to be honest and say I like to learn as I go. But if worst comes to worst I will certainly check out those links. Anything to improve is a useful tool so again, thank you!

Now I haven't posted up a profile just yet but I will get around to that ASAP and in the meantime search about for a tempting enough RP thread. lol, and as for being an RP junkie as sad as this sounds I actually start to get a little down after a while if I don't RP at least once a week or more, lol! But seriously though I know how you feel ;P.

Again thank you immensely for the help!

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:35 am

I'm glad you like the welcome!

I would seriously suggest that you look at the rp's before you post a profile. The rp's around here are so different that while the same character can be used and modified to fit each one, it's actually easier to start from scratch. And most would ask that you post a separate profile for your character specific to the rp anyway.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:19 am

I usually prefer to start from scratch to be honest than jump on into someone else's RP but thanks for the heads up! :D In saying that I'll see what I can do.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:07 am

Hello...Noting your avatar and signature, I wonder if you're looking forward to the upcoming movie?

And will your character be a mouse-person?
'By any means necessary. Heh, that's when your ideals outweigh your conscience. The question is: are you willing to give up yourself--your idea of who you are, of what is right--to help other people?"

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:50 am

O..O Movie?! *dies and comes back to life* ZOMG! I had no idea! Heck yes!

And yes...well...actually a "Martian Cave Mouse" but yeah. If you check out his bio/profile you can find out more about him ^..^.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:35 am

I haven't seen definite proof yet, but there are rumors...And considering how many other shows they could have made the rumors about, it doesn't seem likely that they'd pick this one. (I'd like to see a Gargoyles movie myself.)

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 am

Yeah true. I did some brief researching (not very much, lol) and didn't find anything but they've made pretty much everything else into a movie so it wouldn't surprise me. I mean it would but it wouldn't if you know what I mean.

Actually there is a Gargoyle's movie ^..^. It's more just the first so many shows made into one movie but it still is totally rockin'!

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:14 am

Animated, right? I want a live-action Gargoyles. The special effects wouldn't be too difficult...easier than Transformers, I'm pretty sure.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:40 am

Ooooooh, you mean live action. My bad ^..^. But yeah, that would be pretty cool! And the special effects wouldn't be that hard really, no. Especially when you look at what they've done with Transformers and a bunch of other movies! You're right

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:05 am

Yeah, but I worry about the 'costumes.'

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:19 pm

lol, yeah I was thinking about that the other night actually. It worked for TMNT but I don't know about BMFM...then again look at what Jim Henson has done.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:51 am

Yeah, but Henson is Henson...Do you think a movie like 'The Dark Crystal' would get made today...?

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:17 pm

They still use many of the similar kind of methods in movies of all kinds and The Dark Crystal was way ahead of its time. So, chances are if they did/do make a movie like it today they'd be throwing in all kinds of special effects and the likes. That's my theory anyway, lol.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:20 am

Meh, I have a low opinion of modern television and movies. I mean, think about how many GOOD action movies have been made in the last five years. Including B class--which is still respectable--there's not as many as there used to be. Now, all we get are sequels and remakes! >,< (This is American television and movies, by the way. I'm not counting foreign films and television.)

Even teen shows have gone downhill. Compare Dawson's Creek to One Tree Hill. (Not that I'm a fan of either.) DC actually had some good episodes, and there was more to it than just teeny-bopper drama. OTH...No, I just can't bring myself to watch it. I do, however, get more than enough information on it thanks to an obsessed friend. (And yes, I make fun of her every chance I get.)

Also, compare an adventure movie like The Goonies to something like Eragon. Because, let's face it, there just aren't movies like The Goonies anymore.

Yeah, special effects have gotten better, and there are some awesome scenes. But who cares, when the stories are nothing but trash so much of the time?

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vinnie_vanwham on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:57 am

Yeah this is very true and I certainly agree with you on many levels. I mean there are some good movies and shows and what not but unfortunately for the majority most of it is either recycled from already thought of made shows and the likes or...well...just a poor attempt at making something remotely decent enough to keep someone entertained for longer than five minutes.

Personally I don't watch too much TV or movies but still, there's nothing quite like the classics and what they used to be.

vinnie_vanwham
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.