Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Greetings?

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Greetings?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Ummm, yeah, really bad at this introduction stuff, so I'll just say this.

I'm Spasms. As is obvious, I'm new here.

My reason for joining this site is to learn to role play better.

I don't have a clue how long ago, but I remember someone telling me that this was an awesome place to learn or to improve your skills. Sooo, here I am.

I'm not exactly new to the rp scene as I've been playing since 2004, on GaiaOnline, but I'm always ready to learn more.
I am everything and nothing all at once, I am the imperfect perfection. I am like nothing you have ever seen, nor will ever see again, and the most common sight in existence.

I am me.

"Release the miniature throat-ripping vampire Yorkshire terriers that can control minds!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spasms
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Greetings?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zee All Knowing Peacock on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Well, welcome, and if you'd like to improve, I'd suggest heading over to the Roleplay Academy, though that's really for beginners. Otherwise, I'd just say practise makes perfect, so jump right in!
"Some things are important. Others are not. Yet all would claim a mortal's attention. It falls to each of us to remain ever mindful, and thus purchase wisdom in the threading of possibilities. It is our common failing that we are guided by our indifference to eventualities. The moment pleases, the future can await consideration." - Steven Erikson's Midnight Tides

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zee All Knowing Peacock
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks! I was thinking of doing that, but I figured I'd wait a little bit and check stuff out first.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi! Welcome to Roleplay gateway! It's great to see another new face around these parts and I LOVE how you jumped right into the Other section and the topics!

^_^;
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 pm

Welcome! I am happy to see that you are getting involved so quickly. Very awesome job! Feel free to make topic's and just enjoy yourself. If you would like to hop into an RP check out Dreaming of Death or LockDown at Cordova ( I am in both so I advertise for them. =) ) If you join Dreaming of Death I would be more than happy to give any pointers or there is the RPA which is always a good place to start as well. Just have fun and keep up the posting. Welcome again! See you around the forums and in the chat.

Lates.

Tonia

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:25 pm

*Giggle* Thanks. Best way to find out about the people that hang out somewhere, start talking about books, movies, and music, so I figured I'd try it out. ^_^"

And Thanks again, I'll look into both of those.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:30 am

Hello and welcome,

Since you have already been given the full greeting, I will just add that if you have any questions feel free to ask any of the staff. Great to see you getting involved so quickly.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 am

Alright, and thanks again. ^_^

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 am

Hello...

If I might ask, where exactly did you get your signature from? You don't seem to be quoting anyone for the first part...
'By any means necessary. Heh, that's when your ideals outweigh your conscience. The question is: are you willing to give up yourself--your idea of who you are, of what is right--to help other people?"

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am

I'm not really. It's something one of my bestfriend/sisterishthings told me a long time ago, and it sorts just fits me.

The second thing is just something a friend of mine and I made up while goofing off one day.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:35 am

Ah, okay then...Excuse me if this sounds odd, but it sounds a bit similar to something an insane character was fond of saying in a book I read. ^^; Heheh...Everything relates to books or manga with me...No insult was intended, of course.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:39 am

None taken hun. For all we know I very well might be insane, or she could be. Or hell, everyone could be.

Regardless, she might have gotten it from there a book, I have no idea. What book is it?

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:45 am

No, no, it's different enough that I know it's not from the book. It's just that the...feel, the idea is the same. The character is, um, quite the narcissist. The line I'm talking about his her...sort of self-affirmation chant. And she is quite definitely insane; she gets taken away at the end. It's by Dean Koontz, called...Um...Let me check. I can't find my copy, but I'm pretty sure it was called 'One Door Away From Heaven.'

*sigh* This really does sound rude, no matter how I phrase it. I do not automatically think you are narcissistic; I do not mean to insult you.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 am

*giggle* Seriously hun, I'm not offended at all. I've been called worse by people who didn't even like me.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:51 am

Sorry, I was raised Irish-Catholic. No matter how pagan I might be now, I still have the guilt complex at times. (It acts up more on forums, where if I have a bad day--which is almost never--and post something rude, it will last. I've mostly gotten over apologizing constantly in real life. I am somewhat proud to say that I can generally pass for sane, if not normal.)

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:54 am

Ahh I understand. Raised Southern Baptist, now pagan. One thing the church is good for is guilt trips. But honestly deary, it's a bit hard to offend me.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:57 am

I'll keep that in mind.

Speaking of which...Any chance of you making your font a bit bigger? It's rather...gravelly looking.

So...What types of RPs do you like?

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:59 am

Sure. Is this better? And I tend to like the fantasy type mostly.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azamiko on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:26 am

I figured as much. You give the impression of that type...

I guess...I'm a mix.

Azamiko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spasms on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:29 am

I do fantasy stuff and stuff meant for humor. Currently staging a large scale water balloon fight on another site and working on a post for a chemically altered chibified water nymphthing.

Spasms
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.