Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Grimm Fate

A Grimm Fate

a part of “A Grimm Fate”, a fictional universe by Kaeru.

[Reboot] For several decades fairy tales and other fictional characters have been coming to life, only they're not quite as magical as we were led to believe.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Grimm Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Grimm Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Grimm Fate"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Re: A Grimm Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalcyonCamp on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 am

I really like the angle you're going with here. I'd love to play the youngest Grimm sibling, if that'd be alright?

Edit: I could also take a fairytale part or two, if necessary.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HalcyonCamp
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:42 am

Ah, awesome! And aye, that's fine.

You can make as many or as few characters as you please, I honestly don't mind. Also, if you decide to make a few fairytale characters, don't feel pressured to get them in before we start posting. Characters can be added at any stage.

Thank you for displaying interest, btw. It's much appreciated.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalcyonCamp on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:45 am

Of course! Thanks for making and interesting roleplay!

HalcyonCamp
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:07 am

This sounds interesting and I don't normally play villians but a Snow Queen type character sounds cool she'd probably be a mix of elements Freya from Huntsmen winter's war, the white witch of Narnia, and even Elsa from frozen plus my own ideas.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:46 am

Ah, see now I'd just like to clarify that each character should be based off a single story. So if you wanted to recreate the White Witch of Narnia, that'd be perfectly fine. I appreciate you putting your own spin on the character itself, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be a mix of characters from three completely different stories.

I also stated in the rules that characters from films are not allowed, and to my knowledge (as well as a quick google search) neither 'The Huntsman: Winter's War' nor 'Frozen' were ever books to begin with.

If what you were referring to was simply taking inspiration from aspects of their personality and abilities, then fair enough. But you should still pick just one story that she came from in the first place.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:48 am

Huntsmen Winters war is based on both snow white and The Snow Queen it was the rest of the story of snow white and the huntsmen which was a retaking of snow white

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:32 pm

I sent you a PM regarding this issue and the character sheet you sent in.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHaze on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello! I was wondering if the fairy tales are bound to a specific location or at least begin in it. For example, I was thinking of being the Wendigo/Wechuge and I assumed it'd start it's life terrorizing the northern Pacific Coast of the U.S. or migrate from Canada. Would the myths bound to a certain culture cause them to appear in the areas most associated with them, and focus on the culture that spawned them (at first)? I ask because there are only a few thousand Dane-zaa (Wechuge) left and roughly sixteen thousand Algonquin, and after the apocalypse I figured their numbers would be severely reduced. So it wouldn't take long for an unchecked Wendigo/Wechuge to exterminate them and be without a culture. Would that weaken them or would a legend just move on? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really interested in the concept!

TheHaze
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Maiden Voyager Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Hey Kii!

I would love to get involved, this looks so promising :O Would it be possible for me to take characters from Gaelic Folklore? More or less, I'd be focused on the Faeries (Aine of Knockaine, her stories are pretty dark and messed up, and there's the ban sΓ­de (Banshees), they could also be allied to the Grimm's in some way) and the Witches (FΓΊamnach, she's pretty much the makings of a fairytale bad guy)

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 pm

@MoonlightWraith

Moony! Long time no see, chap. Of course I'd love to have you in this RP. Ye' have some interesting ideas, all sounds good to me. As for being allied with the Grimm siblings, that's something we might have to discuss in more detail because they're hunters of the supernatural and all that. Not taking the option completely off the table, of course, but it's a tad unlikely.

@TheHaze

To be quite honest with ye' there, mate, I rarely think too much about actual locations or all those details. But like I said, this is sandbox, so your character can be anywhere you want them to be and living any life you want them to live. The location can be as specific or as vague as you see fit. I say that because some people (-cough- me -cough-) aren't all that great with Geography an' whatnot.

Tell ye' what, you just write it how you want to write it. So long as it makes sense, it's all good with me. I said it in the introduction, people in this RP have free creative control. It's a new story, not much has been figured out by this point. The world is as you write it.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:40 pm

*curtsies* 'tis my pleasure :3 And I shall shoot you a wee message regarding the details, however I haven't completely fleshed them out, I shall do that while I work on the characters :3

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17 am

Aye, lad, sure thing. Glad to have you on board!

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 am

Hiya! I was wondering if I could grab one, or possibly even both, companions of the Grimm siblings if no one else expresses interest. I was thinking the companions being Hansel and Gretel, very similar to how they were presented in 'Hansel and Gretel witch hunters'. Of course if I only took the one companion then I would go with Little Red Riding hood as the companion.
I've always loved the idea of the defenceless children in the classic stories rising up and being bad ass adults who hunt witches are all things that go bump in the night XD

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:03 am

I'd love to reserve a Grimm Sibling!

Amelia Valentina Grimm

I'm going to start working on my CS right now and have it turned in within the hour, the quicker we get CS's in the higher the chance this RP actually gets to start =)
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"μžμ‚΄μ€ 고톡을 없애주지 μ•ŠλŠ”λ‹€. 단지 λ‹€λ₯Έ μ‚¬λžŒμ—κ²Œ 고톡을 μ „κ°€ μ‹œν‚¬ 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 am

@Miyer

I mean, yeah, you could absolutely take both of the companions if you wanted to. However, they're just normal people, they're not supposed to be fairy tale characters or anything like that. Like I said to MoonlightWraith, it wouldn't really make sense for them to be partnered up with the people they're hunting in the first place, y'know?

If you wanted to add those characters in as fairy tales, we could discuss the possibility of having them team up later in the story, but to begin with the Grimm family will be hunting them and nothing else. Of course your idea of having defenseless children growing up to hunt their tormentors is a fantastic idea. Could be that they simply team up by sharing a common enemy at some point.

@~Lonesome Butterfly~

Sure thing! I appreciate your enthusiasm. x'D

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Okay! That make's sense, I think I'm gonna stick with the sibling idea then and have them as a hunter due (think winchester brothers) who run into the Grimm siblings and end up become good friends. Would it be possible though, when they were younger, if they had been kidnapped by the evil witch who took hansel and gretel, mistaking them for those two characters. Their father is able to save them but is killed in the process and they decided to become hunters from that day onward? Something along those lines anyway.
If not, thats totally cool! I just thought I would double check before I start creating the characters.

I will be using Crystal Reed
Hanna Lovell Bradbury || Aged 21 || Female

And Stephen Amell
Greham Rezso Bradbury || Aged 25 || Male

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Aye, that sounds perfectly fine.

I'll post them in the introduction page right away.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Kk, submitted! Like i noted on my CS i didn't wanna type much for the bio because I didn't wanna create the Grimm family history/background myself - ya know?

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:41 pm

@~Lonesome Butterfly~

Aye, I saw. Thank you for getting the CS submitted so soon, I love her!

And yeah, that's completely understandable.

If you had any ideas about that, please let me know. I'm thinking maybe a totally cliche story where their parents were killed by one of the fairy tales, hence their willingness to become Hunters. But I don't know, it seems like a pretty obvious backstory to me.

@HalcyonCamp

Same goes for you, chap. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!