Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Group RP Ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Group RP Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nomannic on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Sewer Rats: The city is big, it's not uncommon for a few children to slip through its grasp, and into the sewers below. We're just the lucky ones. We have each other. But when the leader of these street rats dies, leaving them without a grown up, without a guide, all alone in the city, they've got to fight just to survive.

A Broken Family: Mommy's got a drinking problem, Daddy doesn't give a care, big brother's hangin' with the wrong crowd, and little sister sees monsters in her head. Why can't we all just get along? (Characters' problems are obviously negotiable. I just wanted to give an example of how it could work out.)

WhiteFire Academy: Her Dad's the Headmaster of Whitefire Boys' Preparatory High School. So of course, when it's time for her to start high school, he decides to enroll her in the all boys high school. Dorms and everything. What in the world is she going to do, and how are the boys going to handle this? Will she have to wear the boys uniform? Insert chaos here.

I Need a Hero: A fugitive witch is running through the forest, being chased by a Shadow Hunter - witch hunters employed by the King - and as she runs into a Dark Knight there, who offers her protection in return for her healing services. (Characters can be the Shadow Hunter, the witch/wizard, the Dark Knight, and anyone who happens to join the Shadow Hunter or Dark Knight's party).

A Golden Circle: A group of high school kids, your average high school kid, each with their own personal torments and secrets. The only reason they survive is because they cling to each other and hold each other up. But when two of them start dating, the lies start flowing. And no one can tell what's true anymore, or if they were ever really friends, even in the beginning.

Anyone interested?
(PS Mods... it is okay that I have one post for group RP's, and another for private RP's, right? If not, message me please and I'll fix it. ^.^;)
"You can beat me, you can kick me, you can spread my blood all over the pretty white floor. But you can never break what isn't yours. I belong to my Lord."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nomannic
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Group RP Ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Sewer rats, definitely.

I'd say you're fine having separate ideas, as long as each thread is different. Where you get in trouble (and we've had this happen before) is when users post the same sheet over, and over, and over as a new, separate thread rather than simply bumping their own post and bringing it to the top of the forum.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slorfae on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 am

I would be very interested in the Sewer Rats idea, if it were done in a mature and realistic manner. Which would... kind of depend on all the other characters not being young little Gary Stus and Mary Sues, or 10-year-olds that act like 18-year-olds. But I'd be willing to give it a shot!

A Broken Family also strikes me as potentially interesting, and I Need a Hero sounds fun, too.

Slorfae
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby littlebirddogmint on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:25 am

I like the Sewer Rats idea a lot.

As well as the Broken Family idea.

littlebirddogmint
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:36 am

Sewer Rats would need a strong outline before I'd join it. Like, the GM would have to show me where on a roadmap the story would be going, and where it needs to end up - with checkpoints along the way. Too many times I've seen "gritty, realistic" RPs just grind to a screeching halt because their etched the Gobi Desert of I-Had-A-Good-Premise-But-No-Plot haha.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nomannic on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Yeah. So Sewer Rats would be fun, but ViceVersus is right. It needs a really strong plot and some goals/checkpoints to keep the story moving along. Any RP's that have good examples of that being done succesfully, that you think I can check out? Doesn't have to be "gritty and realistic", just good GMing for an adventure type story.

And really good characters, too, like Slorfae said... Hm. Okay. I will work on this.

Anyone got any good ideas for me to work into it?

nomannic
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Just establish your characters, the conflict, their goal, and the consequences for meeting/not meeting that goal. If you have a group of kids living in the under city of a major metropolitan area, there has to be a reason for that, right? Is it just kids? Is there a political presence that isn't doing a service to the middle class, and only favoring the upper class? Is there some sort of disease? Sounds like we could potentially be dealing with some sharp class issues in this RP. So where does that sort of discrimination start? Some people have what another group wants.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nomannic on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Alright, thank you very much. That's very helpful.

nomannic
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anansi on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:06 pm

What if the Sewer Rats took place in a near future world, where overpopulation has become so bad that orphans, and the elderly in nursing homes are slaughtered in mass, forcing those who wish to survive into the sewers, and out of society?

Anansi
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nomannic on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:24 pm

That sounds cool, maybe.

nomannic
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby #Chance on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:35 pm

I'd be interested in Sewer Rats, A Broken Family and I Need a Hero.

If anyone of them get up and running, I will be the first to sign up.
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€” ѕтяιcΡ‚lΡƒ ΞΉc β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
The Rainbow Phantasm
A child B o r n o f t h e S u n is something [NO MAN] may grasp
For his H e a r t burns with the ambivalence of an U n c o m i n g D a w n

~
Don't try to tell me awesome p o w e r can corrupt a person,
You haven't had enough to know what it's like.
You're just upset because you [ wish ] you were in my position.
Now nod your head because you know that I'm right.

J E H R I C O |Dystopian Crusader| F A U S T

#Chance
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!