Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

GT2008: The Main OOC (Finals Begin 11/28)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: The Grand Tournament 2008: The Main Thread (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Tue May 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Sweet. I want a perfect rank. I haven't lossed a match yet, but I don't really have proof, so I wanna hurry up and get some skill under my belt. Now do the ranks reset every 2 years? Or do they ever?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Tue May 20, 2008 11:46 pm

The GT ranks are on-going and ever changing all the time. People just log onto the site and update their current activities.

This tourney happens every two years.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Tue May 20, 2008 11:56 pm

No, like, I see that your at 6 and 1. Will that ever reset? Or did you mean every two years?

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 pm

It won't 'reset' unless I quit the League and Master closes my account. It'll change if someone logs a defeat of me though.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 21, 2008 12:01 am

...Ohnoez, what if someone lies?

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Wed May 21, 2008 12:02 am

If the fight didn't occur on the GT board, then they need to provide a link to the IC or OOC thread the fight took place in.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 am

Oh... I see... Well, then. That solves the issue for me. Hm... Can you have "unofficial fights" where they are not ranked, but rather to serve for new tactics, or characters?

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 am

Sure. Just test yourself on someone who's not a member, or agree in advance that it won't count towards your score.

It should be noted though that this is a digression from the Tourney's OOC thread. The GT''s board has a respectable FAQ page, and mods like Rem and I can answer any questions you have about the GT there.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 21, 2008 12:17 am

Huh... I see. Well, then. I'll just have to watch who I fight, and what I do.

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Don't encourage Mew's furriness. His fetish is getting out of hand...
Characters, Mechs, Ships, and Miscellaneous of House Meridian
...and I whet my glittering blade...
...and mine hand take hold on judgement...
...shall I deliver vengeance unto mine enemies...

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Wed May 21, 2008 12:46 pm

None of the transformations I've either inflicted on others or encouraged have been in the least bit sexual. There's nothing fetish related about it.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Lawl, then you've got a long way to go. :3

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Wed May 21, 2008 1:19 pm

Well, no. You can look in my Photobucket to see the exact opposite.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Wed May 21, 2008 1:25 pm

O.o Ohnoezes, could I have missed your link to it? Blast!

Either way, SSJ3Mewtwo is now mah friend. *whether you like it or not* :D

[Ace]
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby |LaughingMan| on Wed May 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Well, it now comes down to who I wanna use in the tourny.....

|LaughingMan|
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Wed May 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, from the looks of things, the whole "I think I'm a UFC fighter." crowd isn't going to show up this time around, so I'm guessing a lot of fights will most likely be fantasy dominated.

It'll be hard for me to decide based on that, seeing as how all but two of my characters have powers, the majority of which aren't human.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Wed May 21, 2008 6:49 pm

I think as the time gets closer Remeaus will toss up some more guidelines as far as charqacter selection goes. Personally I'm trying to hold off on getting any particular one in my head until such time, so I don't get wrapped around a particular fighting style or personality to portray.

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrogance on Wed May 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Ah okay, I see an invite now, I accept.

A man chooses, a slave obeys. - Andrew Ryan

Arrogance
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJ3Mewtwo on Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I'm sad not as many MMA people will be there.

That reduces the possibility of Nonpareil showing up.

Which makes me sad.

SSJ3Mewtwo
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rize on Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 am

What in the world would ever make you want Nonpareil to show up?

Rize
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!