Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Guitar And Bass Brands

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Guitar And Bass Brands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Hey, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite brand of guitars and basses are. I play bass, a six-string Behringer, I believe, but I'm not sure, because it's my step-dad's. I am probably going to get a 4-string sometime, probably a Fender Jazz or something.

I don't play guitar, but I really like Gibson Les Paul's and SG's. Strat's are nice, but I don't think they look as cool. Dimebag's designs are wicked too. I would really like one of his basses.

Anyway, what are your favorite brands and models and such?
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Guitar And Bass Brands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:57 am

I have a guitar that I don't know how to play. o.O

It's a Fender, but it has a "Sub-name" so to speak, but I don't remember what it is, since I don't really know how to play it and don't pay much attention. o.O

_-_
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Ah, figured out shortly after I posted this that it is a six-string Ibanez. That makes a little more sense really.

Angel_Melfina, you think it might be a Strat? It just seems like that's the most common Fender guitar I see.

http://www.myguitarsolo.com/HowToBuy/strat.jpg

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 pm

I only play Gibsons and Epiphone for bass. I have an Epiphone Thunderbird IV Goth with Humbuckers.

Guitar I play a special edition 1987 Telecaster. I love that bitch. : D

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beardy San on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 am

I play a Fender Jazz bass it has a nice sound for any style of play a lot of people say the pick ups are too sensitive but i think they are great they make hammer ons easier without having to hammer the strings and scratch the frets
A Mong Among Mingers

Beardy San
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am

I was thinking about getting a Fender Jazz bass. I've been wanting something with that kind of tone for a while.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Adriac Veras on Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:22 pm

I have an Ibanez guitar, it is pretty good. I also have an Ibanez Soundgear Bass, it's decent but it's more of a cheaper, starter bass.
A story isn't worth telling if you didn't live it. - Me

Adriac Veras
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 am

i have an old, rusty steel string acoustic guitar from back when my dad used to play for the church band. he's stopped already, but hasn't the time to replace the strings. hehe. so i use that guitar to practice.

i have absolutely no idea what brand it is though...

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PATRIOT on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 am

I'm notoriously big on Telecasters, though I only own one-- a '72 RI Fender Telecaster Deluxe-- at the moment, because of the slow economy and all I had to get rid of my others. But I also have a Gibson Les Paul Junior that I play and love just as much.

I think every brand has their gems, really, but I prefer the big three-- Gibson, Fender, and Rickenbacker. Fender being my favorite.

Airlines are awesome as well.

PATRIOT
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:34 am

I have a Dean Dimeback bass I don't play it much though but what I really want is the Gibson SG bass cause they look cool and feel really smooth when I play!

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:45 pm

I have a Dean Evo 6 Playmate and a Dean blue v-guitar.

BSX
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gold dragon on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:04 pm

uhh, i dont have a guitar but my cousin does and i know like how to play like 2% I hope to get a electric one the 6 string and to find a good teacher or a good program or somtin plz tell me if you know a good brand with low price in the columbus georgia area plz.
Image Image Image

gold dragon
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:45 pm

I Play 800$ or more Ibanez's, only Ibanez's for i need a guitar that is capable Of doing Herman Li like Guitar Playing (Herman Li is the Lead Guitarist on Dragonforce if ya didn't know...) I've learned to play a section off through the fire and flames...and My guitar teacher is showing me How to Play Notes in Rapid Succsesion with Hammer Ons...which i've gotten good at... Chords are my Weakness...but i can play Notes All day long

Arietraekos
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grant9394 on Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 pm

The best guitar I know is a Don Grosh strat style. Look it up on google or somthing. Once you play one you will never want to go back to any other. It can be used for almost any style of music and feels and sounds great. If ever you get the money or know somone with one try it out. It is like magic but better.

Grant9394
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.