Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Gundam Epiphany

a topic in Mecha: Gundams, Mobile Suits and Armors, a part of the RPG forum.

A catalog of the mecha that can be found in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:44 pm

Zanza posted in my Gundam's thread about saying he edited his to make it legal. I wouldn't mind seeing those 2 fight, unfortunately, I don't think Zanza will have much more than a Leo by that time. He's green around the gills, and will probably need to learn the ropes. Last thing we need is something typing fast and using "Connects!" a few seconds after doing an attack.

Zach has the advantage of getting his Gundam sooner than the rest/most of us, since it costs under 2 million, he can earn the money faster and get it out faster. A Leo may be able to beat it, but pilot skills play a factor in a fight, as has been said.

Against other suits, it may not be the most powerful, but as noted, it's got speed, and adding speed upgrades will just make it that much better than before speedwise, though firepower will suffer, the speed may be enough, compounded with pilot skills, to overcome opponents.

To be honest, I would very much like to see Zach take this for a spin and see how it stacks up against another mobile suit on a similar skill level. He doesn't have too many weapons, which means he's got less typing, which can make up for a slower typing speed in a fight, bu his overall combat ability will be limited, because there's only so much that can be done with a Beam Boomerang/Throwable Beam Saber/Sword and a pair of Vulcan Guns, which may need him to "pull a rabbit out of his hat" to get a win.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:23 pm

the only thing is that i like his suit

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zanza
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:41 pm

Zanza wrote:the only thing is that i like his suit

The only thing is, that I like his suit.

O.o
o.O

How does that matter? I beleive that I've already stated that you could have simply told him in PM. You don't have to try to make your post count go up by commenting on how you like it.

Zanza wrote:my suit could even beat his
mine is the "Pfenix of Freedom"

Yeah, thats liking it.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:OOCim zachs cousin ok?
he helped me make my suit so he knows as much, if not more then i do
and i know for a fact that he is a much better pilot then i will ever be alright?

sorry i was not logged in

Zanza
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Zanza wrote:
Anonymous wrote:OOCim zachs cousin ok?
he helped me make my suit so he knows as much, if not more then i do
and i know for a fact that he is a much better pilot then i will ever be alright?

sorry i was not logged in

You two. Go to typing class. OR slow down when you type. Post conherantly.

Seriously.

Its really getting on my nerves. Oh, and at least use capatialization and periods.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:29 pm

Sorry, Sir. Won't happen again,Sir. :lol:

Zanza
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:33 pm

Zach knows well enough what he's doing with a Gundam. Leave his suit alone. It may be underpowered, but mobile suits arn't always used strictly for combat. Zach is more of the medic kind of person, but knows enough about combat to defend himself if absolutely neccessary. His mobile suit reflects that.

Warrius, don't have doubt Zach's ability to role play again. That's a horrible insult for someone of his stature and experience.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:32 pm

Well in some battles Speed and flexibility will win the day. Since he has a melee weapon he dosn't have to worry about ammo

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:38 pm

SinfulSoul wrote:Warrius, don't have doubt Zach's ability to role play again. That's a horrible insult for someone of his stature and experience.

Kind sir, I do respectfully ask that you re-read this here thread. Not once have I insulted Zach's RPing skill. In fact, I complimented his skill... twice I beleive.

It was Zanza that was doing such.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 pm

"Where as you, I've seen your roleplaying, and it is at least okay and shows alot of potential."

He didn't say you insulted it, he said you questioned it, which is an insult on him.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 pm

I didn't quite misunderstood then. I have a tendancy to use words in different order than many or use a phrase to say something else. Seeing potential is someone is quite a complement from me. I don't see it in many, and calling it at least okay means it is at least good, but most of the time better.

So, it may seem that I questioned it, and if it did. I am sorry, I did not mean it to seem like that.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:04 am

Whatever expectations you have of a "good" RPer in your book, Zach will exceed it whether you realize it or not. That is why I said it was an insult.

Zach does well upholding virtues and values that his character once had. He is one of the few that role plays his character with the motives of just the character and clearly seperates his own real life desires and motives from his character's. He plays the character, the character doesn't play him. That's why his character is multidimensional instead of the flat one type fits all ordeal. From the looks of it, Zach is transitioning his character to adopt a different persona right now. That remains to be seen though.

Don't worry Warrius, you have "potential" too...

Side Note: Sorry for seeming crabby, but I'm just sick of the mediocrity people are giving to Zach. His ability, whether in a crappy suit or a godly mobile suit shouldn't be questioned. If you gave Andy, Dan (Yes, even Dan has skill), TJ, or Eric a mobile suit with just a beam saber and nothing else, would you question their ability to cause havoc? No, they don't need every fancy gadget in the book to kick someone's ass. Zach deserves better than this by now.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:51 pm

Yay for arguing!

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:45 pm

Me like, Warrius, I may say one thing but mean something completly different.
(OOC) As I said before Zach is my cousin and I know for a fact that he can role play better then any one that I have seen before.
(I,C) Warrius, From one pilot to another, I know from looking at his suit that he can kick the everliving crap out of me.
Thanks for reading.

(Could you please review my suit?)

Zanza
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:57 pm

Zanza wrote:Me like, Warrius, I may say one thing but mean something completly different.
(OOC) As I said before Zach is my cousin and I know for a fact that he can role play better then any one that I have seen before.
(I,C) Warrius, From one pilot to another, I know from looking at his suit that he can kick the everliving crap out of me.
Thanks for reading.

And on that note: Yay for not making sense!

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:17 pm

Senor_Fun wrote:
Zanza wrote:Me like, Warrius, I may say one thing but mean something completly different.
Thanks for reading.

And on that note: Yay for not making sense!

And over using my name! Even if It is an awesome name!

>.> .> <.<

Anyways.... I can't read that.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zanza on Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:49 pm

Um.....Sorry?

Zanza
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Zanza wrote:Um.....Sorry?

It's okay. :o

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:45 pm

Okay I have finnaly given into my curiosity. Why is this thread so damn popular with you folks?

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:29 pm

HELLFISH88 wrote:Okay I have finnaly given into my curiosity. Why is this thread so damn popular with you folks?

We first commented, then it seems be argued. Yeah, thats about it.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.