Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Gundam Pilot Academy - AC 220 OOC

a topic in OOC: Discussion, Organization, and Reference, a part of the RPG forum.

For all out of character discussions and references.

Re: Gundam Pilot Academy - Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:50 am

Not to be one of those pricks, but isn't all of this rather petty? I mean we have all RP'ed before and in all RP there are those that call foul dickery. To what avail? it only makes everyone involved feel dirty and shamed like that time I walked in on my sister having "alone time" (shudder) Move past it. I understand I mean yea we all like our rogue players to be all badass and edgy however, one cannot be above the rules. Just clean slate it - no hard feelings. That is just MHO

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:05 am

Last night we had about ten of us in LiveRP. As crazy as it was, I had a lot of fun with it. I think we have a really good group of RPers within the RP and I look forward to continuing to RP with all of you ^^

Although, most of you went all anti-social and left the ceremony as soon as you got there XD That's probably because it was like...2am Central >.>;; Once classes begin in the RP, I'm going to be leaving the storyline a lot more open-ended so it could shift whichever way you guys would like it to. Thoughts, comments, etc.?

m.i.a_

-----
Edit: P.S. Buttmonkey!! XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mia Siserae
Member for 19 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 am

Yea it was a really fun. We all have good grasp on our chars and yea it was late for those in the states...so maybe something a bit more friendly to them, although I have to say, Fujii kept logging in and out towards the end which made us sad (red) pandas. It was "tits" and I would so do it again.

----
Butt Monkey indeed.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:10 pm

I was sad that I had to leave. Normall I would think twice about staying up, but you guys managed to find the one day that I actually had something to do >=D

But yeah, it was fun!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:08 pm

I kept logging in and out cause I had fallen asleep, sorry about that. It just happens when it's you know almost 4am and I have work in the next 3 hrs and I had worked all day before. XD

Essentials
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Hey, everyone.

I hate to be a stick in the mud but could I get answers to some of these questions:

a. How does this plot fit into the bigger picture? What's going on in AC 220?

b. What's the goal of the academy besides graduating pilots? Who funds the academy, and who do the pilots work for when they graduate?

c. Who manufactures the suits? Where are they getting their materials from? Assuming they are being made of the same material in the Wing series.

d. The administration is responsible for everything academy-related? Is it a branch of a larger organization or the public face of the academy; corresponding with the media, diplomatic ties, etc?

e. I'm going to get yelled at for this, but: Can an elite captain really be nineteen years old? Some kind of child prodigy, or Newtype, even?

That's it for now.

Until next time, space cowboy~

jakolentu
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:53 am

To be honest with you, I don't know. I'm really trying to leave this RP as open-ended as I can so that it can develop every which way that the role players want it to. So as for what's going on outside the Academy, who's funds the academy, and any other background information -- I'm going to have to say it's whatever the RPers want it to be.

Now I know that this doesn't directly answer any of your questions, but it kind of takes the fun out of RPing when so many things are set and the story's already written for you. On a side note, you're more than welcome to join and help establish some of the background information ^^

m.i.a_

Mia Siserae
Member for 19 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:16 am

I wouldn't mind addressing some of the questions Jakolentu had. However, unlike before, this is heavy speculation and more my own opinion. So take it as you will.

A: I am unsure if this RP is taking place in the same After Colony universe that was expanded upon a couple of years ago by several of the members participating in this RP. There are a couple of hints that it is, the names of the regiments for example, and I even went as so far as referring back to my old character in one of the posts done by Fujii and myself, yet that was very faint and only sort of a inside joke for people who RP'ed with me before.

If it is the case and this is taking place within that expanded universe, there are several plot points that by this point would be rather minor in terms of time frame, that can easily be hammered out if one wishes. I was heavy in developing what has been called the "Trinity Wars" storyline, so I can help out there if anyone needs any background...beyond that...well I left.

B: This could be a very interesting plot point, one I think Fujii and I discussed to a slight degree at one point. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

C: I was going to bring this up at some point down the road, but mobile suits are an essential part of this. My, sadly in a geeky sense, extensive knowledge in this field makes me believe that there would be some new forms of mass production models within this training facility. Back before I left and this place was still called Gwing, Fujii and I had developed a storyline that would have easilly allowed anyone to jump in and do almost whatever they wanted. Among this was developing new mass production models to replace the heavily aging Leo, Taurus, and so forth from Gundam W. If it is the case that this is all taking place in the same expanded universe I mentioned, it is more than possible to have me resurrect a few ideas such as the company that was producing the mobile suits, as well as schematics, or even develop some new ones. Not sure if I want to cause it's been awhile since I've done that. Some of my old designs are probably floating around here...somewhere...and they range in quality due to progressing photoshop skills.

On the subject of where the materials would be coming from, it would more than likely be from mining asteroids.

I've always had a bit of a problem with too many people piloting Gundam's. Unless we're talking the CE universe, where it seems one or five will show up every few episodes, most should be piloting MP units. On the further subject of the CE universe...I am crossing my fingers and hoping to god this doesn't come down to a constant rehash of Seed suits.

D: Not sure on that one. I would imagine that there would be some form of media exposure.

E: I've had a bit of a problem with this myself, however, out of the sake of keeping people from thinking I bitch about everything, I've stayed fairly quiet. Lets focus on the fact the character is 19 years old. It's a bit hard to believe. In other publications, particularly UC Gundam, child prodigies/Newtypes (since they would more than likely considered such anyway), such as Amuro Ray never got past the rank of Lieutenant, even after years of service, possibly, because the Earth Federation still had a fear of Newtypes. While I do think in this situation, as in a school specifically created for the development of mobile suit piloting skills and combat, would advance someone who showed promise/higher qualifications/heightened abilities would advance them to a higher rank...but at the age of 19? That's a bit of a stretch of speculation. Yet, I don't feel like making a big fuss about it.

I would just like to ask all others that choose to join to please think their characters throughly. It shouldn't be that difficult to place a proper age/rank based on the character you want to RP.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:52 am

My character's rank is actually Private.

But since Saladin...aka Josiah, gave him the rank of Corporal...

I was thinking, you know to have someone, perhaps an official or someone in Lain look at him and find that he'd somehow gotten the rank of Corporal when he should've had the rank of Private.

Then maybe telling him to get the proper rank or something of this sort.

Anyone who wants to RP this out with me is more than encouraged to let me know!
A Fallen Warrior am I, as I lay upon my back, knowing as I raise my eyes to the skies, as I lose the battle of my life, that I will never see again...those that I love. Blood and tears flow gently down my face as I await the final judgment...knowing that I am forever free, yet forever damned as I close my eyes and release my breath for the final time...

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain....It's time to toss the dice...Mat Cauthon-Robert Jordan...Wheel of Time series

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." - Vivi

"Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" - Steiner

"To be forgotten is worse than death." - Freya

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant.

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 am

God, major confusion.

I realized that I was missing a section of the RP. >_>..<_<..Go ahead, bite me.

At least it was still in the logs...but I HATE the way mIRC and Ghalerion does the logs. It's CONFUSING! But in any case....I'm still working on the editing. >_>...<_<...

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:12 pm

Keep doing what you are doing, you took on a big ass job!

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:22 am

Now I know that this doesn't directly answer any of your questions, but it kind of takes the fun out of RPing when so many things are set and the story's already written for you.

I guess so. My thoughts were that if a few certainties were established, it would be easier to flesh out my character's history - you know, like why the thought of piloting a Gundam was so enticing for these young men and women. I mean, unless it was for a circus show there should be a very good reason why the weapons are being built and pilots being trained.

I think you mentioned before that the establishment was neutral. We could probably work around that concept. For example, if the academy was launched with a lot of fanfare and made known across the colonies, it would seem like a show of force or an intimidation tactic by the higher-ups. If it is a clandestine operation then that puts our characters at question as to how we all become involved. You see what I mean?

I was going to bring this up at some point down the road, but mobile suits are an essential part of this. My, sadly in a geeky sense, extensive knowledge in this field makes me believe that there would be some new forms of mass production models within this training facility.

It definitely helps to have someone who has extensive knowledge. Thanks for your input.

As a closing note, I've changed my character's role. It's a small role, but I think I can have some fun with it. I'm still working out the smaller kinks. See you all in the plot.

Profile: Link

jakolentu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:13 pm

Alright, I most likely donā€™t need to post this, but I kind felt like I should in case there were any types of misunderstandings about the Welcoming Banquet Dance portion of the role play. I also talked to Mia about this a little bit, so this isnā€™t just me tooting my own horn or whatever. There is a group of us that have been playing out the dance on live chat, and itā€™s been super fun! Anyways, I know that we have gotten pretty far ahead in the dance where as some characters havenā€™t even entered yet, the later group is who I am mainly addressing in this post. I didnā€™t want you guys to feel left out of that portion of the role play at all. So, donā€™t feel like that like the group roleplay that has been going on means you canā€™t be a part of the dance as well. Its just ONE thing that is going on, and at events not everyone usually has the same experience as other people there. So, feel free to contact other roleplayers to do sessions, post in the forum board, or whatever. I just donā€™t want any of the other roleplayers in the game thinking that they canā€™t post because the dance has gone too far or whatever. Honestly I only think maybe an hour has gone into the actual dance, or maybe two. So yeah I will get down off the soapbox I guess. If anyone doesnā€™t understand what I mean or needs help you can pm if you want or well duh post here. Sorry again, if you are likeā€¦um no duh Ralana. But, I thought I might want to restate this if there was any issue.
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Also, if any of you want to join us, feel free to. I can't remember the server we're on, but feel free to PM any of those that have been in the live RP. :]
"...la maniĆØre vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de mĆ©tal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:37 pm

And don't worry about the music at the banquet thing. There's been a better a new selection picked. And we all love it. Right Faith?

::Evil Laughter, then runs to hide::

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 am

Lmfao, you haven't read the latest? XD XD XD. I'm sure it'll be put up soon. <3

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:35 am

Server is irc.darkmyst.org

Do /join #GWing and /Join #GWingOOC

And you'll be there!

However, if you see Reiko and he doesn't reply....it means he's dead asleep. Don't disturb him lol.

(Notes Reiko is himself.)

LitomoSilver
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 am

ATTN: Jakolentu

I was wondering what was going on with all of your characters. I'm a bit confused on where you're going with all of them. Also, I would have preferred if you asked for permission to play more than one player, as well as characters of power. Please consider that I am not familiar with your RPing style yet and I am just wondering how this will all fall into place and be beneficial to the RP.

Mia Siserae
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:04 am

I'll start off by apologizing for not asking for permission prior. The thought did cross my mind though, but I guess I was too caught up with writing their profiles and forgot.

Just today, before your post even, I took a hint from somewhere and chose the student Mathis Engledew to be my primary character for the plot. I've also tied the secondary profiles with the primary by establishing relations between them. I think it will help to flesh out my character. With the apology, I admit I feel awkward being asked to explain the creation of additional profiles. They exist to broaden the setting as given in the thread's first post because, as you indicated, the user should have more creative freedom if not limited by facts and figures. I took that as my prerogative to span out and participate with multiple profiles each with their own point of view. Should one or more of them perish, then I can stick with the ones who are still alive.

This is no scheme of mine to twist your plot into my sick fantasy. Quite frankly, the characters of power you refer to are a young Indian who takes out garbage, a lonely cripple from the colonies who desires peace and a fat Russian whose job is to tell people to not stare at their computer screen for too long. A far cry from the powers of a captain, I would say. At this stage I can't really give concrete evidence as to how the additional profiles will be beneficial. However if I really wanted profiles of power...

Anyway, they're definitely a plus for me, that's for sure. Let me know what you think.

jakolentu
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:11 am

Whether or not he is a lonely cripple from the colonies, you are playing an ambassador. It is still a position of power, which is her point. It is up to her, but I personally believe you should not be allowed that many characters unless they are NPC, played out in your student's posts, not individual posts themselves. Also, you did not submit any of your characters into the proper thread until you wrote up your post and even then you just linked them. They weren't accepted; you just assumed. I personally think you should play the very first character you created; which was your janitor,but that's my personal opinion and I am not the GM. So, it's up to Mia.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!