Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Gundam Pilot Academy - AC 220 OOC

a topic in OOC: Discussion, Organization, and Reference, a part of the RPG forum.

For all out of character discussions and references.

Re: Gundam Pilot Academy - Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:30 am

Whoa, that's a bit unfair. While it's true I may have assumed that the characters would be acceptable I only did so after careful consideration of the answers given to me and only after reading the entire thread up until that time. In addition, the reason I posted them into the profiles forum was so that I would not interrupt the role-play because they felt more like OOC material.

I guess I did not expect posts by the added profiles would cause such a high degree of discomfort. Once again I point to my apology in the previous post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jakolentu
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:31 am

Dear Guy,

Well having a shit ton of characters is fine and dandy if one is a lonely kid that gets dead birds thrown at him. Now, for Gundam, one could have an ass load of NPCs all you want, go nuts! However, try and keep only one PC that you are rolling with at a time, lest it gets confusing for all involved. Plus not to be that prick but we were all wondering wtf was going on.

Yours,

Nikolay Khvoshtchinski (Victor)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:36 am

It isn't unfair. You don't see the rest of us playing a few other characters other than our own, do you? No. Assuming isn't a good thing to do in an RP, especially when you're unsure of things to begin with. You should have posted the profiles here. That is what this thread is for. Again, Mia will be making the final judgment about whether or not what has been done should be allowed. I'm glad you're getting into it and everything, but you can express yourself with the one character just as well as you can with multiple characters in multiple posts. As I said before, NPC's are fine, but they should not be spread out in different posts all by themselves.

Also: The reception was in the ship and I believe it has already left the station. I wasn't real clear in your "student" post where he was exactly, so I thought I would point that out.

EDIT: If I sound like a bitch, I apologize. I am not intending to be one, but I am quite brash at times.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:43 am

To be honest, Jakolentu...

You made the first profile and did the instructions as asked.

But the profiles thereafter, you didn't. You did not even follow the format of the profiles correctly! Seriously, I think you should at the very least have talked to Mia about having characters in power.

I spoke with Mia and others about having Reiko as a secret agent, with higher access and the ability to go everywhere he desires upon the Sanctus Gemini. They more than gladly approved it and I was happy to play that.

I think that you know, that if you were going to RP them, that they should be marked as NPCs as Faith said. Each one of us has played an NPC at one point or another and probably will continue to do so. But you are playing them as if they're full, non-NPCs...which in my opinion goes against the setting.

Then again...-shrug- This is just my opinion.

Edit: Unfair?! -Cackles.- Unfair?! Ohhhhhhh....I cannot help but laugh.

Okay, I'm done.

Seriously, we haven't made any second characters, and I think we'll keep it that way...though obviously we'll be making NPC characters to help the story along.

And to be honest, your post just now make it sound as if you're whining. Are you?
A Fallen Warrior am I, as I lay upon my back, knowing as I raise my eyes to the skies, as I lose the battle of my life, that I will never see again...those that I love. Blood and tears flow gently down my face as I await the final judgment...knowing that I am forever free, yet forever damned as I close my eyes and release my breath for the final time...

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain....It's time to toss the dice...Mat Cauthon-Robert Jordan...Wheel of Time series

"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist..." - Vivi

"Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?" - Steiner

"To be forgotten is worse than death." - Freya

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant.

LitomoSilver
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:12 am

I guess it was whining, huh. Needed to look that up in the dictionary again just to be sure. :)

It felt good to whine though, being new, and lacking arguments to further my case. The three of you have all posted good advice that I will keep in mind for the near future. Despite being a lonely kid who gathers dead birds thrown at him, I am keen on continuing with Mathis, if possible. Mathis being a pilot-in-training and all.

I must stress that it was not my intent to debilitate the thread with the creation of additional profiles. I suppose it was a selfish step, and I was careless not to listen to that cautious voice in my head.

I'm all ears.

jakolentu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:17 am

[sarcasm]If you're all ears... how can you speak, smell, or feel? [/sarcasm]

Anyways, again sorry if I sounded like a bitch, but the way you did it kind of upset me and others, I believe. Just curious about the question I asked, since it wasn't answered before. In case you missed it; my question was in regard to the location of Mathis. Is he on the space station or on the ship? The speaker incident occurred on the station and the reception occurred on the ship.

Thanks!

EDIT: Even that sounded bitchy. ><!!! Geeze, I really am sorry, lol.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 am

Updated 13 Nov 07.

Name: Mathis Engledew
Regiment: Dice

Appearance: Personnel data shows that he is 5'8.5" tall with the edges of a diamond shaped face softened by natural, thin straight green hair, parted in the middle and falling to about chest level. His eyes are used to draw attention; they are a dark shade of red and seem to pulsate if your gaze is fixed on them. It contrasts with the light pigmentation of his skin, which makes him sensitive to ultraviolet radiation. There are no tattoo or piercing marks on his body but he has a thin silver band on his left forefinger and a silver cross necklace. His choice of fashion comes from a fictional universe where biker gangs with wicked hairstyles rule the galaxy - which would explain his preference for black boots, tight black leather pants and form-fitting black leather jackets worn over his favorite red shirt that reads 'Planets Are Overrated' in the front and 'Bite Me Loser' in the back. For him, standing casually consists of putting most of his weight on one leg, with a hand on his hip and an uplifted nose. He owns a black notebook and carries a small hand-held device that is powered on at all times. The file concludes that he is in good mental and physical health.

Bio: A colony baby, Mathis grew up among the stars and feels distant from the planet. He is a seventeen year-old naive dreamer who has been through little hardship and does his best to act cool in an annoying, flippant way when given the chance. His hobbies include journalism, gambling, theology, collecting stuffed animals, and space-shooter type video games. Unfortunately he does not really excel in sports activities but his body is very flexible and he has the uncanny ability to juggle objects - up to seven at once. Back in his hometown he is the title holder for a few local competitions other people would consider pointless like 'the most back flips performed in succession' or 'the longest to stand staring at the sun'. He developed a habit of shrugging his shoulders as a response to questions that make him uncomfortable and will pick his nose in earnest when he thinks nobody is looking. Over the years he has significantly lowered public appearances of him playing with his stuffed animals due to intense peer pressure.

His biological parents are white-collar workers and were the ones who enrolled him into the academy with the belief that it would improve his personal conduct, patriotism and discipline. He loves the colony and calls it home, but the ongoing conflict is not the reason why he chose his current career path. While some of his friends have apprenticeships in other departments, he simply thought it would be more fun to "shoot things with a big robot". He finds the fighting hard to understand, but like many others who have been swept up by the media and its biased coverage he too has fallen prey to the discord being sown.

Despite this he found ways to distract himself. For example both he and his girlfriend, Patuli, are big fans of 'space curling' and have incorporated many catchphrases from the sport such as "Aim, Sweep, and Rock On!", "Curling Steady", "Sweet Gliding" and "Absolutely Rocking" into their vocabulary. Patuli wants his help to take back the land that she says rightfully belongs to the indigenous people. Besides graduating he has no stated goals in life at present. As part of a growing trend among youth born inside a colony however, he believes himself to be better than his earth-kin and it is not unusual for him to speak in a condescending manner towards them.
Last edited by jakolentu on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

jakolentu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:00 am

Umm... the ship has already taken off. I'm pretty sure that was stated in one of the posts before the dance posts. The welcome ceremony takes place on the ship, not the station.

EDIT:

gundam-pilot-academy-220-t3117-40.html#p30167

That's the link to Mia's post indicating the ship was leaving the station and that the ceremony was being held in the west wing of the ship.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Setting Mathis as your Primary Character is perfectly fine with me. The other characters, I take it, will be considered NPCs from hereon out. Everyone, thank you for handling that the way you did and Jako -- thank you for understanding.

My main concern was the position of power. Referring to past experiences, I've let someone whose writing style I wasn't familiar with take a position of power before. The end result? One-lined posts up the bum and the RP was dead in three days. I'm going to try like hell to prevent that from happening here.

Since the timing will probably be off, you could probably RP the Ceremony and the boarding the ship in past tense in a way that wouldn't change the events in the past. That, or you could just start your character off in present time from somewhere on the ship.

----------------------------------

School is starting very soon, today if everyone gets their characters to bed. Reiko, Ai, Bato, and Vae have one more scene to go before they go to bed XD

----------------------------------

Just wanted to put this out there, and I'll post it in the first post as well, Gundam Pilot Academy is Rated - M - For Mature

Mia Siserae
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Oh, things are going to be getting very interesting soon. And just a suggestion, I think the four of us, Reiko, Ai, Bato and Vae should probably do this in a chat room again, seeing as this little encounter will probably end up being fairly long.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sanjuro on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Name: Jack Hohenheim
Regiment: Phire
Appearance: Roughly 6 feet tall, average body build, dark short hair, typical crew cut style. Black jump suit, worn mostly when he is working on anything from an ms to engines, when not working on things he usually is wearing light colored cargo pants, a t-shirt and a leather jacket that reaches to about his knee or his school uniform. Light skin, dark eyes and a scar parallel across his left eye-brow.
Bio: From first appearance he doesn’t seem to be smarter then your average person. But since a very young age he’s had a gift of learning almost anything about machines, computers, science, and mathematics. He began taking piloting lessons at the age of 12 after he started helping his father on his transport ship "Red Summer" when he was off from school. Every time they transported large cargo like mobile suits and mining equipment he would always spend most of the time trying to figure out how it works and so forth.
Byakugan

Sanjuro
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakolentu on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 am

Thank you for letting me continue with Mathis, Mia.

And thanks for posting the link and clearing up that discrepancy, Faith.

I should be caught up with my next post, which should happen tomorrow, time willing. :)

jakolentu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:51 am

Name: Layne Tabitha Smith
Regiment: Phire
Appearance: She's an odd mix of Middle Eastern descent and Northern Italian. Layne has a slim build that holds a good amount of toned strength but nonetheless, she stands at 5'7", eyes are a deep hazel-brown, and dark brown almost black hair that extends down mid-back. When out of proper uniform, the way she sees casual is a worn t-shirt and jean shorts.
Bio: (Will unfold and progress with storyline.)

Kasurin
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Everyone ready for school to start? Is the interrogation round done or do you still have to get Victor, Reiko?

Side note, Welcome Cat and Tim to the Gundam Pilot Academy -- make yourselves at home ^^

m.i.a_

Mia Siserae
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:42 pm

Just you stay outta my fridge Timbo! Those hot pockets are MINE!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Vae: He still has to interrogate the four of us. He hasn't done any of that yet, but... it can be done in-between classes probably. -Shrug.-

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:43 pm

I.. have.. no.. idea.
On what to do! ;_;

I've been writing for NaNoWriMo and my brain is starting to.. sizzle. I can smell the burn.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LitomoSilver on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Sheeit.

That was somewhat confusing....SSJHK, what'd you take out?

I was editing the post and didn't see the mod edit till I began editing.

Everything is now in their proper order. >_>...<_<...Thanks for the heads up that I'd forgotten to post Bato and Ai's awakening...sheeit LOL. I hate it when I get confused as to what the posts were...but at least I managed to figure it out.

I was going to interrogate, after he cooled down. Which wouldn't be long. And if Faithy's here in IRC...as well as Aurora, and Alaster, I will be able to interrogate both Faithy and Aurora at the same time...as for Alaster, mefinks from what he's been posting, that he'll be watching...am I right? Or am I wrong?

LitomoSilver
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:38 pm

I just took out thee small post I did where I woke up because Reiko left the room and then feel asleep. 'Cause you didn't get to leave the room, so that little action of Bato's was kinda void. Sorry if that messed you up or anything.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:04 pm

Intro to the first day of classes have been posted =D Lemmie know if you guys have questions or need help with scheduling!

m.i.a_

Mia Siserae
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!