Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Gundam Wing CL: AC 205

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed May 09, 2007 11:47 am

Gwinter clicked off the TV as Richard Bolt left the stage. The room was almost completely dark, the only light crawling through the crack in the door behind him. He had poured himself four fingers of scotch when the broadcast had begun. The glass sat empty, save for the two ice cubes, on the small stand beside his chair. Almost everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. All they needed now was for more Gundams to show up and it'd be a repeat of history. Gwinter glanced over at the phone that was sitting on a table that was pushed up against the far wall to his left. In his head, Gwinter counted down from five, and when he reached one, the phone rang. He already knew who was on the line. It'd be someone of the Group of Representatives wanting to know his opinion on everything that has happened and what to do about the broadcast they just viewed.

With a heavy sigh, Gwinter stood up and walked over to the phone. He didn't pick it up, but switched it over to silent ring. He stood there for a few seconds, looking at the flashing red light that indicated the phone was ringing when the ringer was off. The light stopped flashing and Gwinter moved back to his chair. He hadn't been sitting down half a second when the light began to flash again, as he knew it would. That little red light would continue to flash for another several hours, or until he made a call that he knew he had to make.

Gwinter sat there for what felt to him another several hours, but in actuality it had only been a matter of minuets. Taking in a deep breath, Gwinter reached for his cell phone and dialed John Lowe.

--------------------

The broadcast had been over for about fifteen minuets when John's cell buzzed. Like Gwinter, John had switched over his main phone to silent so there was a red light flashing there too. John didn't even half to look at the number to know who it was. Very few people had his personal cell number and at a time like this, there could only be one person calling him. John placed his cell phone down on a table and pressed the speaker phone button.

"Hello Gwinter. I trust this news finds you disturbed?"

"Of course it does John. Only a fool or someone that detests peace would not find this news distressful. I really can't understand people. It wasn't perfect, but what we had was a lot better than war."

John nodded. He knew Gwinter couldn't see the nod, but he also knew that Gwinter would be expecting that reaction from him. John was in the process of buttoning up a shirt and stopped.

"There's nothing glamorous about war. I've been there, granted it was the losing side. But I've seen the winners, and they don't look much better than the losers do. All that comes about from war is pain, suffering and death. There are better ways to go about changing the world."

"That may be John, but sadly, there isn't any more effect way then war."

John finished buttoning his shirt and tucked it in.

"I've giving an answer to the colonies, so keep your eye on the TV Gwinter."

John switched his phone off and left, grabbing shit suit jacket on the way out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed May 09, 2007 11:28 pm

John was standing behind a podium as everyone was getting set up. Several stationary cameras were already set up and taking test shots to make sure the lighting in the room was ok. Outside the room, a group of reporters was attempting to push their way past the pair of guards that were keeping the room clear. In another few minuets, they'd be let in, but for the time being the room needed to be clear so that the crews could finish setting up. As head of the PR department it was up to John to make a statement in response to the announcement from the colonies.

Crewman"We've got another three minuets before the press comes in sir. Is there anything I can do for you?"

John shook his head. What he needed was for this whole mess to just up and go away. Right on time, the two guards stepped aside and the press came pouring into the room, filling up the three rows of chairs in a matter of second. John looked around, there were already a few cameras flashing and all the reporters had either a not pad or a hand held recorder out. He sighed and took a deep breath. The cameraman in the middle aisle lifted his hand into the air holding five fingers up.

Crewman"We go live in five.....four.....three....."

The cameraman went silent as he brought down his third finger. Then two, and one then pointed at John.

John"Good day ladies and gentlemen. I come before you today to acknowledge what has been said over the last few hours. As much as it pains me to say it, yes, the Generals were killed..........murdered.....on their trip down here to Earth. We have, and I'm sure that the colonial government has also been looking into the situation surrounding the attack by this so called Gundam."

John flipped a piece of paper on the podium over and cleared his throat.

John"I have here, an official report of all the Mobile Suits that are still in use be the Earthsphere government. According to the report from the colonies an undetermined number of Mobile Suits, estimated in the high thirties or low forties, attacked the General's shuttle. While this would be possible, that number is approximately one fourth the number of registered Mobile Suits of the Earthsphere Government. And according to the records, the Earthsphere has no Gundam Unit. These facts, along with the Earthsphere desire for peace, leads the investigative forces to believe that some sort of rebel group. I wish to push for peace. But as of right now, I am asking that the colonies co-operate with us for a few weeks to catch whoever is responsible for this terrible and unspeakable crime. That's all I have for right now, I won't be answering any questions for the time. That's all, thanks you."

John quickly left before any of the reports questions could reach his ears. He wasn't surprised to see that Gwinter was standing there.

John"We don't have much time. I highly doubt that the colonies will be accepting my offer, not that I can blame them. But we still need to get to the bottom of this. Now, you're sure this list of Mobile Suits is correct?"

Gwinter"Look, I already told you, everything I give you is correct to the best of my knowledge. The treaty hit the Earthsphere hard. Honestly, I'm surprised that we have that many left. If anything happens right away we'll be screwed. From what I can gather, the colonies have.........well, needless to say a much larger force."

John"But if there [b]really[b] is Gundam out there, it's fighting for our side isn't it? I mean, it would have to after causing all of this trouble."

Gwinter sighed. In his mind, the Gundam was on their side. But in actuality, who knew? The Gundam could have been from the colonies and placed down here to just to stir up this sort of trouble. John and Gwinter just stared at each other. They both knew that this was only the beginning.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claude Faile on Wed May 16, 2007 11:16 am

There was a slight moan that brought Claude out of his meditative state. It sounded like the grinding of gears, muffled by water of course. He reached onto the console and picked up the last cigarette he had and placed it between his teeth and sparked it carefully.

The moaning grew louder and louder until there was a solid metallic crash. HeavyArms began to lift upwards. Claude could only assume it was a magnet that pulled the Gundam towards life by it's chest.

Claude slowly reached downward towards the bottom of his chair. He pulled a small packet out from below the pilots chair. The tape made a horrendous sound as it came free. Claude reached his hand into it an removed the contents. A small revolver and a single bullet.

He slipped the shell into the a chamber and spun it closed. He then placed the gun in his lap before taking the controls. He engaged all systems and the HeavyArms roared to life.

As it grew closer to the vessel that raised him he noticed the Falcon of the Guardians on the underside. He began to relax slightly as he broke the surface. The shock bounced the Gundam before placing it gently on the ship deck on it's back.

Claude quickly ejected himself from the cockpit and landed carefully upon the deck with the pistol in one hand and the self destruct control in the other, but he began to relax as he saw Darren.

Darren smiled and approached him slowly before shaking his hand and pulling him into a hug.

"The mission was a success."

Claude Faile
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu May 17, 2007 5:02 am

For most of the flight the three sat in silence, each dealing with their own thoughts. In Grim's case this was mostly worry about the forthcoming visit of Sinful and his associates. Grim knew it had to be a trap, but could not work out why the generals would risk their own lives. Maybe they wouldn't, perhaps they had got doubles. Plenty of historical military leaders had had doubles, Winston Churchill in the long past Second World War had, so had a few of his contemporaries. Field Marshall Montgomery had certainly, so maybe Sinful was using a double to tempt the Earth based rebels to attack.

It would make sense, Sinful had not been a particularly willing signatory to the peace treaty. In spite of his words since he might see this as a way to rid himself of the problems of Earth once and for all. And there were certainly plenty of people on Earth who would be glad to see the death of every single Colonist.

Grim and Seraphina were in an invidious position. He glanced over at Miyumi sitting quietly in the co-pilot's seat, he felt guilty at having brought her into all this. He had offered her a job and hope of helping peace and here they were just a few short months later with everything falling apart. They were on the very brink of war, and they were late, delays at the airport and on the flight were making things worse.

As they approached the Washington airspace Grim started to feel uneasy. It came as no surprise that they were being turned away, and it took nearly half an hour of arguing to persuade the controller that his Diplomatic clearance would allow him to land at the airbase that was set for the meeting.

Even then it took some time to stop them being shot out of the sky by the over enthusiastic defences. Eventually they got permission to land and assurances that they would be allowed to get down safely.

They were too late to do anything constructive, and in many ways Grim was only forcing the issue of landing out of shear bloodymindedness. He could think of nothing to do when he did land. Maybe something would occur once they were down, at least he hoped so.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun May 20, 2007 3:43 pm

OOC: Sorry for the lateness on the posting, I couldn't keep up with what was happening where in the old hodge-podge.

Miyumi was startled at the man that Grim had called Zeke. How had he gotten on the plane? Right, she wasn't using her computer, so no warnings there. She nodded once at him, then settled back for the flight. She chewed her lip, she played with her necklace, she thought about what they could possibly do when they got there. She wasn't going to reveal anything to this stranger, if she could help it.

miyumi
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Sun May 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Zeke just leaned back into the chair as jet propelled itself further into the clouds. He didn't have much to say. This was all business to him. Gabe is going to owe me one for this, he thought. They were no longer even.
"And I know exactly how he can repay me."
He whispered to himself. He was thinking of Svetlana again. He shook his head to erase the thought, just like an etch-a-sketch.

He then began to focus himself back upon the job as he patted down his chest straps gently to ensure the pistols were secure and the safety was on. His thoughts then floated to the angel blade in his boot. No killing, he told himself. No killing.

The monk then nodded to himself before leaning back into the chair further and shut his eyes. He missed his meditation today.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Re: Gundam Wing CL: AC 205

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm

As they approached the airbase it was clear that the fight was over and it had been terrible, smoke drifted across the base. Grim slowed the plane as much as it would go with full flaps and throttles almost fully closed he drifted across the ravaged base at marginally over stall speed. Having flown down the length of the main runway it was clear that they would not be landing on that. It was strewn with rubble and the surface chewed up from the gunfire.

He circled round the base looking for a stretch of tarmac long enough to land without hitting anything, eventually he decided on one of the more remote taxiways, it was not straight, but he should be able to loose enough speed before the turn. It was challenging lining the Gulfstream up with the taxiway, with no ILS, no lights, not even varses to aid the landing.

It was a tense few minutes in the cockpit as they landed and it got worse as the slight kink in the taxiway, perfectly safe at twenty knots, approached far too fast the speed was still at seventy five and with full reverse thrust and brakes on. It seemed to take an age to slow and it was only with the airspeed still reading just over thirty that Grim had to release the brakes and use the pedals to steer through the bend.

They made it, just, the plane still slowing with the thrust reversers still open. The plane came to a halt on the taxiway, Grim heaved a sigh of relief and looked out of the cockpit properly taking in the wrecked base about them.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:43 pm

It seemed like centuries since the day had begun. Gabriel sat behind his desk at the front of the room with his eyes on the clock. The second hand slowly clicked past sixty and the minute hand struck. Fifteen annoying clicks later the bell rang. He shot up from his desk and ushered the students out as quick as possible. He didn't even pick up his briefcase or the homework of the previous night. He paused only to lock the door before removing himself from the building as quick as possible. His pace was so quick his brown suit jacket began to flap behind him.

He mad the trip home in half the usual time and he jogged up the stairs. The door flew open easily with his might as he moved to his bedroom. Seraphina was still there. She was in a deep sleep. He sat down next to her and brushed the hair out of her eyes while checking her forehead. She was feverish.

Gabriel let out a small laugh. She'll have to wait to save the world. He placed a gentle kiss upon her forehead before rising to his feet and walking slowly out of the room.

Thirty minutes later he was sitting on the couch in the living room watching the news with a coffee and a cigarette. Sera didn't want him to smoke in the house but as soon as he saw HeavyArms release it's firepower upon the generals he could not help himself. His cousin, his flesh and blood, had single handedly started a war with a faction that he had started. He took a haul as these thoughts rolled through his head with his eyes locked upon the screen. He watched HeavyArms drop into the sea, Claude would be out for a couple of days. This gave Gabe and idea.

He got dressed in his old flight suit and put on his old white jacket with the high collar and the red cross upon it. He nodded to himself in the mirror before sliding the old colt into the pocket inside before zipping it up. He left the apartment as quietly as he could with a note on the fridge for Sera.

A full twenty four hours later Gabriel was in Nice. He had flown stand by the night before to Berlin and purchased a bike and rode. He was reaching half way through the town. Hopefully the Guardian's HQ was still in the same place. If not his whole plan was going to be a flush. He ground his teeth together before hammering down on the throttle.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Sera had dozed off and on all day dreading to watch the news and knowing she would have to tell Gabriel her news. She was pregnant and the world was falling apart. She woke up and shouted for him after hearing the door the close. Only silence responded.She clambered out of bed and ran to the fridge. There was a note from Gabriel. All she caught was the word Nice. Tears welled up in her eyes. Her heart pounded in her chest. Quickly she booked a flight after him. He had a day on her but right now she was not going to hesitate.

In the cab she called Grim from her cell. She left a message, after trying Gabriel again and getting no answer.

"I am on my way to Nice after Gabe, please help me find him I have some very inportant news for him."

She gave way again to sobs. She wiped her eyes and composed herself long enough to pick up her ticket. She could barely stop her hand from fluttering about her belly as she waited for her plane.

Once she was seated in first class she was a victim of her fears again. The futility that had visted her years ago was creeping back into her thoughts as she chased her husband half way around the world.

"Please god,"

She whispered aloud nervously spinning the wedding ring on her hand

"Keep him safe"

She fell asleep somewhere over the Atlantic, her dreams plagued with the futility and fear she had experienced on the colonies when she first negotiated the now defunct treaty, and now there was more to this then just she and Gabe.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:21 pm

The ex mercenary clambered down from the plane, the tarmac was littered with small pieces of rubble from destroyed shuttle and collateral damage to buildings about the field. Still Grim could not believe that those on the shuttle were General Sinful and his colleagues. He waited for the others to join him and turned towards the airbase headquarters.

As he strode across the field Grim remembered his mobile was turned off. He paused for a moment pulling it from his pocket and turning it on. There was a message from Seraphina.

"I am on my way to Nice after Gabe, please help me find him I have some very important news for him."

Grimbold stopped in his tracks and stared at the phone in his hand. He spoke to the world in general

"Damn, I have just had a message from the Ambassador. It seems Gabe has headed off to France, she has asked me to help her to find him. Zeke, I have to see the base commander, and any Earth government officials who are about, if you have any way to contact Gabriel can you try. As soon as I can arrange a refuel I need to head for Nice, there is not a huge amount I can do without Seraphina. And right now she needs our help."

He headed off again with new purpose to his walk.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:57 pm

Seraphina landed in Paris, once off of the plane she flipped open her cell phone and Dialed Gabriel again, a silent prayer caught in her throat as she waited impatiently. Again it was his voice mail that answered.

Gabriel, Caro, I am in Paris and am on my way to Nice. Please find me I have some ver important information for you. I love you Caro, please call me.

She Hung up the phone, A single tear rolled down her left cheek. The world around here faded away into silence as she moved from the gate to baggage claim. On all of the televisions there were images of the Carnage in Wahington DC. A great sense of failure wrapped its black wings around her. She looked away, one hand always on her belly.

Once at the bagage claim she opened her phone again and called Grim. Her sense of duty pulling at her through all of this, again haunted by the very virtue her own ancestor exaulted almost to the height of faith in God.

"Grim I am in Nice looking for Gabe, but I expect full reports on what is going on in Wahington DC. If asked about tell them something anything, but not where I am or what I am doing. If you find Gabe have him meet me in Nice, it is terribly important. I need to know what the governements are up to try to set up a summit or something and I will attend. If nothing else tell them I am in hiding right now for my own safety. Please Grim I am desperate."

She pressed the pound key to ensure that her message was delivered to his voice mail. She scooped up her only bag and left the airport. Choking back tears she hopped into a cab and asked to be taken to the Paris train station. WHen the cab driver turned around he smiled at her as a light of recognition crossed his face.

"You are Ambassador Alighieri are you not?"

"No, Signore."

She said nothing else the entire ride and tipped him well when she got out hoping he would forget. After booking a train fro Nice she sat and waited on the platform crying.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:56 pm

There were sounds of bustling coming from the ancient hanger. He could hear the sound of drills and sanders echoing through the barely stable supports. He pulled his hair down into his face and pulled off his old jacket stuffing it into a messenger bag he borrowed from a gas station open late in Nice. Gabriel swung the strap over his shoulder and headed through the hidden door. The key code was even the same.

"Oh Claude, you ignorant boy."

He couldn't help but mumble as he stepped through the door. Gabriel kept his head down as he maneuvered through the group of mobile suits further into the base.

The walls and areas he looked out and saw were exactly the same. The only noticeable difference was the fact that all the falcons were green instead of white now. Claude's color. He shook his head as he approached the Falcon.

Foot steps and mumbled voices rang out upon the steel catwalk above him. There he was. Claude Faile and his second in command Darren Marx. It would have been so remarkably easy to put a single round into their brains and end it all... but Gabriel knew better. The two would just be Martyred and Sol would just put a new face in their place.

His teeth clenched together and his head stayed down as he made his way below and past them trying to keep himself incognito. His eyes glanced up from the floor and there it was. The Falcon of Righteousness. His old partner. The Aries that was custom built for him. He smiled and could swear he saw a glint in the Falcon's eyes.

Gabriel tightened the strap on the bag as he quickened his pace towards the Mobile Suit. He grew a smile as he closed in on his old friend. His pace grew steadily faster and he broke out into a run.

A shot rang out as a 25. caliber round embedded itself into the floor beside him. Gabriel raised his head and kept running. There were shots echoing all around him, yet he paid no attention. He was home free. He placed one last step upon the ground and lept up to grab the toe rope and began to lift off the ground as it automatically retracted.

His left arm suddenly let go. There was a crack and delayed pain in massive swells. A red substance burst out of the forearm as he raised closer and closer to the cockpit. Gabriel didn't even notice until he was strapped in that a bullet had pierced his left forearm and continued out the other side. The bone was splintered and his artery was squirting quite a lot.

All he could think about was getting the cockpit closed, and he did with his reserved voice activated system.

[Welcome back Gabriel.]

A smile grew across his lips as he grabbed the controls with his right hand and threw the thrusters into full burn upwards. The roof was the thinnest area around. He let out a laugh as the rockets lifted him off of the ground. The sound of metal upon metal rang loudly followed by a thunderous crack as the MS broke free of it's oppressors.

Gabriel was laughing nervously as he pointed the War Machine towards Nice. He required medical attention.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:52 am

Grimbold's face was blank when he continued making his way to the base head office. A young squady was guarding the door, his assault rifle held almost threateningly in front of him. Grim walked up to the soldier stopping about six feet away. The young man had been watching his approach and an expression mixed of surprise and disdain was locked on his rather thin face.

"I am Grimbold Theoman, I represent Ambassador Alighieri, I need to see the base commander and any of the representatives of Earth Governments still here." The ex-mercenary spoke first, not giving the soldier chance to challenge him. He was thrown momentarily by the note of command in Grim's voice, he even started to turn a fraction before he realised what he was doing. The guard turned back to Grimbold and raised his gun a fraction. Again the ex-mercenary spoke quickly, not giving the young man chance to take control.
"Private, I have the commanders permission to land, I couldn't be here other than with his grace, perhaps you would inform him that I will see him now."" His tone brooked no argument and the soldier turned and pressed an intercom beside the door. Grim could not catch what was said but the door swung open a moment later and the guard stood back to let him pass.

"The commander will meet you at the end of the corridor"
"Thank you, soldier"

At the end of the short corridor stood the base commander, a major from his insignia, he held out his hand as Grim approached. He looked tired and haggard, he had clearly not slept well for some time. Grim took his hand and shook it briefly.

"Welcome Mr Theoman, I am Major Dunnet. How may I help you?"
"We need to go somewhere where we can talk in confidence, and if there are any government officials here I will need to talk to them too."
"We can talk in my office, it's just upstairs. I am afraid that all the government officials were rushed off the base soon after the attack, before we even had word you were coming in." Grimbold nodded, he had not expected that they would still be there. He had been badly delayed in getting there and he would not have let them stay either.
"If you would show the way then, Dunnet"
The major turned and led the way to a door on the right which he unlocked with a key on a large bunch that hung on his belt. Beyond was a stairwell stairs led up a couple of floors and down about the same. The climbed to the top and again stopped monetarily at another locked door, this the major opened and locked again after they passed through. They went a short way down the corridor and into an office on the right. The room was large with a huge window in the far wall that overlooked the smoking ruins of the airbase. The major walked round behind a large antique looking desk and sat motioning Grim to take a chair opposite him.

"Now, Sir, in what way may I help you."

"First I would like you to tell me what happened, the Ambassador will need a full report; then I would like to review the video and audio records that I am sure you have kept from the base surveillance. I will send copies of those to the Ambassador too." He paused thinking of the effect watching those records would have on the Ambassador, maybe she wouldn't watch them, and maybe she would. Grim hoped that either himself or Gabriel could be there when she did. He woke from his brief reverie and went on. "Thirdly, I would like access to the secure net so that I can send messages to the Governments. The Ambassador has asked me to arrange a summit meeting to discuss this attack. And lastly I need to have my plane re-fuelled and moved so that I can take off again as soon as I am finished here."

The major reached for a phone and arranged to have his plane seen to then Grimbold sat back and listened to the base commander run through the whole day, his slow southern drawl not seeming the right tone for the relating of such events. He interrupted only once to clarify a point about the attacking mobile suits. Once the commander had finished they watched the surveillance record. It was almost exactly what had been broadcast on the news channels, though clearer and sharper. It was with a growing feeling of depression that the ex-mercenary allowed himself to be lead to the communications room. This was cleared and he was left alone to send his messages. First he sent messages to the Governments of Earth requesting their representation at a summit to be held in the former United Nations building in New York. He paused before deciding on a day thinking of the Ambassador and her desire to find Gabriel, eventually he decided on ten days time at mid-day eastern standard time. He hoped this was both soon enough and far enough off to do all that needed before hand. He sent a copy of the request to an address on Lagrange 1, an address that used to belong to General Sinful's secretary. It might not matter but he felt the colonies should be kept informed that they were still trying to arrange peace.

He then sent a message to Seraphina's mobile telling her that the video and a report had been sent to her e-mail address, he considered advising her to wait for him to catch up with her before watching the video but in the end did not, she probably would not have listened anyway. Finally remembering Sera's request for help in locating Gabe he scanned all news, police, and hospital reports for the area around Nice for anything that may be Gabriel Faile, there was nothing showing yet so he decided to ask Miyumi to see if she could turn up anything.

That seemed to be all that he could do of any use there, so he rose straightened the slight kinks out of his back and went back to the commander's office.

"Well Major Dunnet, that seems to be all I can do here, I take it that my plane is fuelled and ready for flight?"
"It is all done Mr Theoman, may I ask where you will be flying on to?"
"I will be going to New York, at least initially, then to where ever the Ambassador needs me to go." It was partially true, he would be flying towards New York but as he felt that Seraphina needed him in Nice that would be his ultimate destination. "Thank you for all your help, the Ambassador will be most grateful. Now I am sorry but I really must leave I have a lot to do to prepare for the summit."

Major Dunnet showed him out opening and locking the doors as they went. Grim headed back across the littered tarmac for where his plane was waiting. Already thinking about the search for Gabriel. At the back of his mind he hoped that Gabe had not gone back to his old allegiances and ways, it seemed unlikely, he had supported Sera in their attempts to broker and maintain the peace these last two years. He shook his head to dislodge the thoughts, he had a lot of flying to do.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:40 pm

Seraphina tried to sleep on the train but her nightmares forbade it. Her mind was a jumble of imagery from the time she heard that Paulo, her first fiancee had died, through her love affair and marriage to Gabriel and all of the politics and beatings in between.

"Duty never sleeps She thought to heself as the train squealed to halt in Nice.

She grabbed up her bag and and hurried onto the platform and out of the station before she could see a single newspaper or television and have to see the atrocities again. It would all be in the reports she had requested anyway.

She hailed a Cab and in Italian spoke to the Cab Driver

Please take me to the best Hotel Nice, Signore?

The driver stared at her blankly. An unpredictable wave of anger wash over her. She took a deep breath before repeating herself in very broken French. The cabbie nodded and sped off towards the rolling hills. Desperate for any news she whipped her cell phone out of her pocket and checked for messages; her heart sank when she heard Grim's voice not Gabriel's. Quickly she pushed that aside and the instant that her disappointment left her mind her left hand fluttered across her belly in an unconscience attempt to protect the life there, the only life she felt she could protect, at least temporarily. She nodded as she listen to the message and decided to call him from the Hotel.

The Cab stopped outside of a building that looked as though it had been plucked from a Vineyard. She quickly paid the driver unknowingly giving him a monstrous tip. She slung her bag over her shoulder and exited the cab. She stopped and took a deep breath pulling the frayed ends of her composure together before she entered into the Hotel.

She fought to walk up to the main desk with all of the dignity that befits an Alighieri and an Ambassador. As she moved through the lobby she didn't notice a single detail. Not the beautiful painting and photographs of the Vinyards around Nice, not the flower arrangements of Lilies and roses. She didn't even notice that her composure must have returned even though the eyes of the young woman at the desk followed her every movement from the time she opened the door until she stopped at the desk.

"How may I help you?"

The petite blonde with large hazel eyes asked her in English with a very heavy accent. Seraphina opened her wallet and slid her civillian credit card across the counter.

I would like the best room you have available.

Sera's voice sounded distant and flat in her own ears. She watched as the womans short but skinny fingers danced across the keyboard.

The Penthouse is available Mrs. Faille, will that be suitable?

Yes of course.

How long will you be staying?

I am not sure.

The concierge's fingers moved rapidly again before she opened a drawer and pulled out a room Key and slid it back across the desk with Seraphina's credit card.

Hear is your key Mrs Faille I hope you wil enjoy your stay with us.

Sera nodded and headed off to her room. Once out of the lobby her shoulders lowered and she let her head fall back.

This is absolute madness, Seraphina, You know this.

The elevator stopped and the doors slid open. She walked to the penthouse and opened the door, all of her movements lacking the usual confidence and determination that was so natural to her. She opened the door. Not bothering to check out her accomodations she opened her bag pulled out her lap top and plugged it in. Her hand shook as she flipped it on, and it seemed as if her fingers were in open rebellion as she opened the e-mail from Grim. SHe watched the events un fold before her eyes. Horror, shock, awe, fear, fought for dominance of her heart and soul. Tears fell freely down her cheeks and dropped to the desk. Once she had reviewed the tapes and read most of Grim's report she exited her e-mail and went to bed. beofre she collapsed totally into the King sized bed she called Grim again.

Grim, I have recieved your reports and I thank you for how thourough they are I knew I could count on you. I have arrived Safely in Nice and have found a room at the Chalet de Vin I have registered under my married name. Thank you.

She hung up the phone and fell instantly a sleep.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:13 am

When the plane landed, Miyumi felt it best that she remain with it. Sure, others would be taking care of the plane, but... and then she noticed that Grim seemed to be waiting for her. So, she hiked out there, and joined him. When he said that he needed help finding Gabe, she debated a bit. As they walked, she plugged a small keyboard into the side of her laptop, and typed "Fred, find Gabriel Faile. Email anything you find to Seraphina." She didn't need to look to know: anything that could possibly relate to Mr. Faile's whereabouts would be emailed directly to her. News feeds, magazine articles, and a little more. Every security camera in France would be secretly tapped in to. Fred had seen the man, knew what he looked like. Any relevant footage would also be sent to Seraphina. Instead, she payed attention to where they were going.

They seemed to take it for granted that she would stay with Grim, which was good. Once she heard that they would see the footage from the explosion, she knew that she would be able to tell if it were really General Sin. Maybe the others, she wouldn't know them, but she'd never forget that man. The one who had thrown her willy nilly into the lead position of manufacturing mobile suits. She had forged a couple mixed-up ones on his request. Ones where the pilots would be doomed to die, and not know it. There was no way she was forgetting a man like that.

Finally, they were in the room. As she watched the footage unfold, her fist clenched tighter and tighter. She didn't even notice that her knuckles were white. It wasn't him. She was sure of it. A hundred tiny movements gave him away, even at that distance. Only she would notice such a tiny difference in the way his shoulders were, or the angle the seams across his face made. She hadn't looked it, but every meeting they had, she had studied every bit of him, to be able to pick him out of a crowd from a distance. She always wanted to know her employers; knowing they could one day be hunting her. Especially because they always found out, sooner or later, what she carried. 'Grim, I hope you don't end up having to protect me...' But she didn't say it out loud. Instead, she followed her current employer silently, almost fading into the background. People had a tendency to forget she was there; she liked it that way. She relaxed enough to pick back up her habit of twirling her hair while they walked. Finally, they were back in the plane.

It wasn't him. I'm sure of it. Also, Fred will be sending anything he can find on Mr. Faile to Mrs. Faile. He already started looking, back when you told us she needed it. It'll probably be another half hour before he finds anything to send. I didn't ask him to send copies to us; I can get them from him if you wish.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:04 am

They were back on the jet again, the Major had been as good as his word the aircraft was re-fuelled and ready to make a risky short take off from the longest unobstructed taxiway.

"You are sure that the man on the video was not the General?" She nodded in answer "Damn it I felt he wouldn't sacrifice himself just to restart the war. The whole thing has been set up to force the Earth and Colonies back to war."

He knew he had to let Sera know what he had suspected, but it was not something he was prepared to transmit on a public network like the net or mobile phone system. It would have to wait till they met.

"Thank you for the help in finding Gabe, Seraphina needs him to be safe so she can do what she needs to to" He paused for a moment flicking switches performing the pre-flight checks. "Right as soon as I am finished here we are heading to Nice to try and catch up with the Ambassador, if your travel plans today do not include Nice as a destination now is the time to disembark."

Grim contacted the air traffic controller and using the diplomatic clearance codes filed a flight plan to Nice. Once in the air flying as high and fast as possible the flight should take only about eight hours. They would be arriving at Nice in the early hours of the morning.

"Miyumi, I am going to need to rest a bit before we land, would you please monitor the autopilot for a couple of hours on the way?"

Grimbold considered calling Sera, but it would already be getting on a bit and she probably needed time to rest. By the time they landed any news about Gabriel's location would be with her. They could catch up the following morning.

He started the engines and prepared to take off.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:16 pm

The ghost wandered into the emergency room in Nice. He was paler than he had ever been with a trail of blood dripping from his damaged arm. The receptionist looked up at him with a questioning look before raising from her seat. Gabriel gave her a satisfied smile before dropping unconscious to the hard tile floor.

His eyes fluttered open the next morning to see a nurse adjusting the IV above his head. He looked up at her, then scanned the room. He tried to speak but his voice was faint.

"Has anyone come to visit me?"
She jumped at his inquisition, obviously not realizing that he was awake. She settled quite quickly and replied with a hand over her heart.
"No. But we were able to get a hold of your wife. She is in town staying at a hotel on this street. She is going to come visit later in the day."
Her French was fluid and unbroken, like his was before he moved to New York, he smiled at the news before leaning back into his pillow and looking around for his clothes. He wanted another cigarette before Seraphina showed up and gave him hell for not quitting.

The smile didn't leave his lips as he thought of her for the rest of the day. She couldn't arrive too soon.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Miyumi nodded to him when he asked if she were sure. She wasn't going to tell him how she knew, and had hoped that the news about Fred's doings would help distract him from wondering. She figured she wouldn't find out until later. She also smiled at his approval of her actions with Fred. As he figured the pre-flight checks, she strapped herself in to the co-pilot seat, playing with the medallion around her neck. So he'll sleep.. well, he probably needs it. Lord knows I won't right now. Keeping auto-pilot, I'll need something else to do. Hmm...

As Grim settled down to nap, she opened her laptop. She could keep an eye on the plane from one window on the screen while Fred showed her what he had found. With frequent glances at the controls, she watched the drama unfold through security feeds. She gasped as she watched Gabe hijack a suit, and then get himself to a hospital. She then asked Fred to look in on the hotel Sera was staying in. She was surprised. She knew the ambassador usually was better at subterfuge. This must be something urgent. She typed, asking Fred to send a message to Zeke if at all possible where Sera was staying, and asked him to book a couple more rooms in the hotel. Two rooms, right next to each other, connected by a door on the joint wall that could be locked from either or both sides.

A few games of free-cell and one game of spider solitaire with her modified rules later, and she was delighted to find out that Fred had managed not only the adjoining rooms, but to have them right below where Sera was staying. Good. One less place to worry about an attack from. Telling Zeke where she and Grim would be crossed her mind, but she thought better of it. Sera was the important one. It was up to Grim to decide if Zeke should know where they would be. Heh, already thinking of them as Grim and Sera, are you? Just so they don't hear you call them that. She looked at their stats again, and sighed once again. Maybe a movie.. there's a few hours left now. Hmm, a classic... She made sure to keep an eye on the controls while watching the movie. She didn't need to actually see the screen to know what was going on- this was an old favorite of hers. When the movie was over, there was a good hour left of the flight. She debated for a moment, then decided to let him sleep for a little longer. In about fifteen minutes, it will be right at the end of a dream cycle. Perfect time to wake him- it'll be easy, and he won't be tired. She settled back to watch the sky while she waited the fifteen minutes, fidgeting with her necklace once again.

miyumi
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Seraphina a woke with a start when the phone rang. She about fell out of the queen sized bed clambering for it.

Mrs. Faille we have a call for you coming in from a neighboring hospital

Her french was terribly rusty despite everything Gabriel had tried to teach her. Her own reponse was very broken.

Send it through

She could feel the fear in her own voice and how it made it tremble. The silence was all consuming as her mind began to gnaw on all of her worst fears.

Madame Faille

Si

She responded unable to think in anything but her native Italian, the fear still making her voice tremble. The nurse however did not hesitate and swapped imediately to Italian

I regret to inform you that your husband has been injured he is in good condition

When can I see him

She blurted out cutting the nurse off midsentence

Anytime signora

Where are you located?

The nurse gave her directions and luckily it was the hospital just down street. She sighed some of the fear fading away with it.

Grazi signora

Prego

With that Seraphina Hung up the phone. She bolted out of bed and into the Bathroom. As she showered she kept rehearsing the speech that she would give to Gabriel that afternoon, trying to calm herself down. After five years of marriage she had finally concieved, and the world falls into chaos. I cannot allow myself to think of that now, I cannot allow myself to think of the destruction She reprimanded herself. Once dressed and out of the shower she scooped up her cell phone and called Grim. His voice mail picked up and she left hima brief message saying that she had found Gabriel, well he had sort of found her, and that he was alright, she would call again and let him know Gabriel's exact location after she had spent some time with him. With that done she hung up the phone and walked out of the Hotel.

She hailed a cab and had him first take her to a florist. There was time to kill and she didn't know what else to do. After wandering around for at least and hour and half desperately trying to calm herself down she hand picked a bouquet for him of 6 red and 6 white roses in a beautiful art deco style vase. It reminded her of the flower arrangements she had imagined when reading F Scott Fitgerald's The Great Gatsby. With her purchase made she returned to the taxi and had him take her to Gabriel's Hospital.

She paid her fare and stepped out of the cab. SHe stopped on the sidewalk and stared up at the building as a terrible sense of reality crept through her freezing the very marrow of her bones. How many more time will I have to do this? she thought to herself. Slowly she began to walk towards the glass sliding doors and into the the serile air of the lobby. The smell of disinfectant overwhelmed her and a desperate knowledge began to set in that this probably wouldn't be the last time she saw her husband in a Hospital room. A deep sense of gratitiude moved through her as she fundamentally realized that it wasn't the morgue that she was headed to. She must have looked terribly lost because a blonde haired man stood up from the reception desk and walked towards her.

May I help you

he asked in French. She asked him for Mr. Faille's room number so quietly she had to repeat herself three times. 331, she kept the number in the front of her mind as she walked towards the elevator she had been directed to.

She caught the elevator, thanking the saints there was no one else in it, as a fine sweat broke out on her upper lip, and doubts nibbled at her resolve to tell him about her....condition. The doors slid open to the small waiting room on the third floor. Summoning all of her courage she stepped out, and walked down the hall. Her steps grew faster and faster as she walked up the hall to his room.

She stopped at his room wich had the door closed. Deep dpwn she was thankful for this as it gave her another opportunity to gather her composure. She knocked and waited for someone to invite her in.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:26 am

Once the plane was in the air Grimbold settled in one of the comfortable seats in the passenger cabin. He left Miyumi instructions not to let him sleep too long.
"I only need to get a brief rest before landing an hour or so at most." He reclined the chair and closed his eyes.

It was with a little surprise that he felt Miyumi shake him some time later, it was darker than he had expected. He looked at his watch, it was still on New York time and showed 7:30, which meant they would be closing on Nice airspace
"I thought you were only going to leave me for an hour. I can't deny that I feel a lot better but you must be shattered"

He rose and went forward to the cockpit checked over the flight situation contacted the Nice ATC and requested a landing slot. It took them a couple of minutes to adjust the other flights enough to allow him a landing slot. In spite of the time of night and the impending war with the Colonies the airport was still busy. The south of France and Coté D' Azure were still popular holiday destinations it was reassuring that even on the very brink of war the human spirit could still enjoy life enough to holiday and party. That is the difference between Sera and me, she no longer sees goodness and beauty in us. It was a slightly disturbing thought. The Ambassador was very much a tortured soul, much had happened to her in the past and she was driven not by desire to do right, but by her perception of duty. Okay so Grim had a duty too, but it was not that that governed his life and what he did it was just a part of life.

Grim shook himself out of his thoughts and concentrated on bringing the plane down and navigating the taxiways to a parking bay. He shut down the engines ran over the checks and turned the plane off. It was nearly five in the morning before they had managed to get out of the airport, it took another half an hour to hire a car and be on the way to the hospital where Gabriel was being treated.

After some discussion, and given that Miyumi had not slept he drove her to the hotel to check in to their rooms. She seemed a little nervous but accepted that he had to go to the hospital to meet the Ambassador.

So it was a little after nine when he arrived at the hospital and made his way to Gabriel's room. They talked a little quietly while they waited for Seraphina to arrive.

When her knock came Grim rose and crossed the room he opened the door, he bowed his head to her and stepped out round her leaving the two of them alone to talk.

"I'll be waiting outside." He needed say no more. There was a small waiting room down the corridor, Grimbold took one of the chairs and placed it in the corridor opposite Gabe's door, sat down and waited.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!