Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

GWing Finances (Donations)

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

GWing Finances (Donations)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:09 pm

If you're interested in lending a hand, send donations to:

PayPal: eric.martindale@gmail.com

When sending money via the mail, money order is likely the safest bet.

GWing Roleplay
Attn: Eric Martindale
220 B Commander Dr.
Wendell, NC 27591

If you're willing to make a monthly contribution, please post here. Also - if there's a service you'd like to suggest that we host, feel free to do so.

Old stuff wrote:Well, we're getting a dedicated server up and running. With it, we'll be able to provide these services:

RO Server - http://forum.project-freya.com/
MUD Server - http://swfote.sourceforge.net
Shoutcast Server - http://www.shoutcast.com/
Teamspeak Server - http://goteamspeak.com/
IRC Server - http://www.unrealircd.com
Last edited by Remæus on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:28 am, edited 15 times in total.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:16 pm

Contributors:
April Allcock: $100.00
Coleby Cline: $20.00
Last edited by Remæus on Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:14 am

Update: I need to make sure I have the money, I'm aiming to have all arrangements by Friday, with a live server by Monday.

Please check in with me if you've already pledged something.

If you haven't - feel free to donate even $1 one time - or dedicate $5 a month even. The more cash we can round up, the better we can make GWing.

=)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:36 am

Hey look, the MUD is up.

telnet://208.109.93.113:3000

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:15 am

Shoutcast server is tentatively up.

http://208.109.93.113:8000

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:03 pm

We're also looking for corporate and institutional level investors.

There are a great number of you in college, and many of you have good relations with teachers who may be able to lobby for you.

I'm interested in providing educational institutions and corporations the opportunity to make investments in GWing. Monetary amount is irrelavant, though we know that every dollar will be put to good use - an investment of $20,000 USD could be used to make GWing a 10,000 visitor/day site.

I would like to promote the educational values of freeform roleplay, and cite the statistics of young children involved in freeform roleplay to becoming literary wonders. Unfortunately, I can only provide between 10 and 50 testimonials, and a ~800 member site to attest for this venture.

If anyone has any personal contact with someone of high respect in an educational institution or a corporation, bring up the topic with them if you feel comfortable. Otherwise, contact me and we can discuss how to approach the issue. I would be more than willing to have a phone conference or make a trip out to meet someone, should the investment require such.

Cheers.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

SWFOTE

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewbie on Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:43 am

http://swfote.sourceforge.net/

Thought I'd include the URL.

Jewbie
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:48 am

Yeah, already up and running. See above.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jewbie on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:01 am

I meant the url to the developer's site. :d

Jewbie
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:10 pm

Yeah, heh. I added that after I realized what you were referring to. Thanks.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:21 pm

I don't really like the new web layout, maybe you should invest in a new layout too.

The current layout totally screams "NOT MECHA".

Delve
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Nuh uh, my new mecha is covered with victorian lace. Totally mecha.

We're going for the elegant look, and encouraging people to try all sorts of RP, not just mecha. ;)

Do you have any suggestions for changes?

Also, shoutcast is down indefinitely, and the RO server is being placed on hold until the admin (Sorrow) tosses in the cash he dedicated.

MUD is still up and running, though. :P

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gundam Gears on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Heh, for a background, I'd say to go for something elegant, classy, to show that this place has some class, like,

http://www.website-promo.net/services/t ... tbig19.jpg

http://www.harvestfields.ca/Devil-Kings ... brick5.jpg
Though my right hand is made of metals, I am still a normal man.. For the normality is always there, you just don't know it..(I build Gundams)

Gundam Gears
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.