Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Hallo

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Hallo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:39 am

Hello there, everyone!
Jsut joined and I figured it was best for me to drop in here and say hello to the forum before I start gettin involved in anything. ^_^

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day!
Really? ...... Oh? ..... Yeah. ..... Uh huh ....... Su-ure ......
Yeah....ya, I'm not really listening to you right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Hallo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:56 am

Hello Datenchi Snow,

Welcome to RolePlayGateway, please feel free to browse about there are a good number of games that you can join, and if of course there's nothing that grabs your enthusiasm please feel free to start something. Either way if you need any help contact myself or any of the other moderators, we are always happy to help.

My day has just got better, I have finished work and the evening is my own.

Hmm given your sig I wonder if you were listening to that. -=Wanders off with a slightly unsure frown on his face=-

Have fun, Grim

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Hey there Snowy... What kind of RP are you into? Let me know and I'll help you find something! -=grins=- Oh yeah, welcome to the site!
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Welcome to RP Gateway! It's great to have you here, blessing us with your presence! Please feel free to ask any of the moderators or admins if you have any questions.

^_^
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:25 am

Thank you all for welcoming me so nicely!!!

I RP almost anything, and almost any kind of character. I have 4 fully developed characters and about 5 partially developed charas, lol! I RP a lot.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've wandered around, and I am glad you have an academy here, i really need to brush up on my skills.

Yes, Grim I was/am listening to you. I do that to throw people off. I always listen. ^_^ (shh! It's a secret!)

Thanks again for the kind welcome, all!

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:52 am

Well it's nice to know that, and it worked. Don't worry I certainly won't tell anyone your secrets. With all those characters I am sure we can find somewhere for you to join. And if you don't there are plenty of opportunities for new games. But as Eymber has said she can help you find somewhere, I would have offered but I don't want to step on any toes, and those chains in her avatar scare me.

May I ask roughly what part of the world you are in?

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:04 am

I am in florida. ^_^ hehe

Well I am going to be joining the Academy to tune up my skills, since it has been a while since I did any other than private, two-way rp's.

After that, who knows. I also came here in hope of gaining more people to two-way with. ^_^

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:24 am

Aah well you must be up late then, almost late enough to be early. lol. Because of when you posted I had guessed you were further east than Florida. Shame I feel all alone and lost as about the only active Brit on the forum.

There are always people who are willing to RP one on one on the chat or other messengers, I like Skype for RP but they can all work.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:02 pm

very cool. ^_^ Yea, I have really strange sleeping schedules.
*'ve never used skype before, I usually use yahoo, or occasionally aim and msn.
My forte is one on one rp's, lol! The best one I ever did, my friend Deban and I each played five characters (along with the occasional npc). It was very fun, especially because I had to switch between personalities and genders, and many other factors.

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:12 am

Welcome and WOOTS for one on ones and playing multiple characters! I do a lot of those too. :) Yeah, check out the chat if you want to get in touch with more roleplays though I have to admit when I first joined it took be a bit to get used to the format there because I am used to the msn, aol, and etc stuff. Anyways yeah glad to see you joined and welcome!
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 am

Aah five each and NPCs too, I am totally outclassed. I need to feel my character or they are like a cardboard cut out they have no real life. But then I blame some of that on my essential maleness the inability to do so many things at once.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:29 am

Hah! Please don't feel that way, it was not an exceptionally good rp. ^_^ I just have this ability to get into my characters mind, even if there is more than one, and allow them to take over completely. It allows me to play with both ends of the personality spectrum, and honestly while i can play many characters at once I much prefer to play only on or two, and then any npc's I need to play, or I might have attached to my characters. (all of my characters have an animal they keep around, many of them have two or three, lol)
It's not the best ability in the world though, because when you come out of an especially long rpg, after having your mind practically taken over by something you created, if leave you shaken up, it's hard to get oneself out of that mindset. In rp is is near impossible, when I have an ooc discussion and i am in the middle of the rp, my mind is still in that mindset.

<<
>>
Wooow I talk way too much. I'm barely decent at rping, I just have some interesting quirks.

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:53 am

Well it's still a talent I haven't got my NPCs are not that great but that's largely irrelevant. I certainly understand the problem with getting characters out of your head after playing for some time. I will have to remember not to try conversing with you if you are playing in something.

Well as for the expression talk way too much it is clearly an oxymoron, talk and too much are mutually exclusive expressions. I am sure that you are fine at role playing perhaps sometime we can share a game. And quirks are usually interesting.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 am

I think that'd be awesome fun. I much prefer one on one rp's to the normal group rp's, especially if I am with someone who can write well.
^_^

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:54 am

Well you see writing skill is a matter of perspective. I am convinced that I am a very poor writer, because I am rarely, if ever, satisfied with what I write. I sit back and read a post or story and think any one of the authors I like would have put that better. So, and I suspect I will be told off for this my writing will always be bad because I expect it to be better. Some people here have said I write quite well, but I think they are just being nice lol.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:00 am

You are very wrong. One who constantly achieves to be better is one who has true talent. A true artist is never happy with his or her work, because thy constantly achieve perfection, and they can never gain it. IF you were self-satisfied your writing would not be good. That is not to say you can't be proud of a piece of work that turned out decent, but you must always understand that everything can be made better. I can read published books, and see grammatical and spelling errors, in books that are bestsellers, as a result though I am never satisfied with my own work, i can always go back and edit more and more i just have to know when to stop. ^^;

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:06 am

Welcome datenshi!

I have just returned from a long leave, so we're sort of in the same boat! I hope to see you around! ^_^
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby datenshi_snow on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 am

thank you Angel! ^_^

datenshi_snow
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.