Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Prizes are still in debate. But there might be a small sum of cash involved. =D

ImageI took it upon myself, with a push from Eric aka Master, to put this up for you all. So, why not?! It's self-explanatory! Go for the gold, people. We're encouraging, or at least I am, crazy stuff to come out of those creative minds of yours. Enter your costume into any of the following categories to be judged on a later date (most likely day of or after Halloween.)
    1.) Original RP Character
    2.) Anime/Comics
    3.) Game/Media
    4.) Science Fiction
    5.) Fantasy
    6.) Historical
ImageOf course, we'll need judges. So, if you're interested shoot me a PM or post your request here. All suggestions are welcome, this is moderately still in the works so, you'll have to cut me some slack for the lack of info. But as said, comments/suggestions, anything, don't be afraid to speak up about it.

*Will be updated constantly, so frequently check.*
Please read all rules before entering the contest as a contestant or judge!

Some rules, FAQ, guidelines:

1.) To become a judge, PM me or post your request in this thread.
    2.) Judges may not participate in the contest.
    3.) Individual contestants, only. No groups.
    4.) You can enter as many times as you wish but only once per category.
    5.) Photos of your costume will be judged.
    6.) All photos should be PM'd directly to me.
    7.) The limit has no boundaries but keep it appropriate with no nudity.
    8.) This is a costume contest in which you will wear your costume to be judged.

* Just to note, I had to add the last one just in case there was any confusion.
Last edited by Kasurin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kasurin
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: HALLOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:48 pm

Eh... I guess I can judge. I don't really dress up anymore... and yeah... if I decide to dress up, I'll revoke my judging whatever, but for now, I shall judge.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:43 am

Oh this is awesome. This actually crossed my mind yesterday when I was thinking about whether to dress up this year or not.

I don't see myself having the money to be too creative this year to dress up as what I want (I was sooo about to buy a Zelda costume on eBay for $250, but forced myself not to since I kind of need that money for RENT _-_ )

For the above reason, I want to Judge! I am so excited to see how this contest will develop, and can't wait to see some of the outfits people come up with!

<3
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalynn on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:54 pm

Slightly stupid question... what day is Halloween? *cough*
'cause we don't have it here... and well i was thinking of participating, but would like to know a date :?
Thankies in advance

Shalynn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Aaaww, it's okies. It's always the last day of October - the 31st. You should definitely join in on the fun! =D

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:21 pm

How many times can you enter ? Once for each catogory? Several for any catogory? Do group photos count (I was planning on group themes for halloween? Are there limits on who you can be? Are we going to use pictures of the charaters when judging, or descriptions?

I hope I can enter more than one catogory, I made several costumes:
-Shinji Ikari Neon Genesis Evangelion
-Albert Wesker Resident Evil
-Walter Barrecks Immortal Medical
-MC Chris Rapper
-Imperial officer Star wars
-Walter Bijutsi "Comic Book RP
- Kaji Neon Genesis Evangelion
.....................................................it goes on
"She called me late last night, to say she loved me so.
But I guess you changed her mind.
Well I should have known it wouldn't be all right,
But I can't live without her
So I won't even try...
And if I get drunk, then I'll pass out on the floor now baby.
Cause you won't bother me no more.
And if you're drinking, well you know that you're my friend and I say
I guess I'll have myself a beer."
Reel Big Fish- Beer

Walter Barrecks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalynn on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:22 pm

hehe.. thanks
Another thing, is it only photos of costumes based on the themes? Or you could... "compose" something of your own, for example your characters playing the Halloween on a different setting related to the holiday... as an example... mmm a fairy using a witch costume and surrounded by pumpkins.

p.s. and no, ain't thinking of prizes hehe... might just be fun, so thought i should suggest it

Shalynn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm thinking something like that would go into Fantasy.

And a note for everyone (I obviously like making notes :3), if you're confused as to which category your costume falls under, go ahead and submit your picture, and I can defer what category for you. I'll get your individual approval before I make anything final, though.

I updated the topic with rules and such, so, give it a look.

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:36 pm

C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnn! GUYS! PLEASE! >.<

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm

give it time man. Halloween is the 31st.

Walter Barrecks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:11 pm

Kasurin wrote:C'monnnnnnnnnnnnnn! GUYS! PLEASE! >.<

Also, Kasurin - you must spam your friends to get them to join the contest, if only for them to post once or twice but never return. This contest needs moar epic.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 17 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aoi on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

A judge, with your permission, I shall be.
[/Yodaness]

Aoi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pixelgami on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:26 pm

So...

I'm thinking of submitting two costumes. One's of Robin Senna from the anime Witch Hunter Robin and the other is from the anime Ghost in the Shell. Can the one from Ghost in the Shell be considered Science Fiction? I mean it's a science fiction anime, hehe.

pixelgami
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Barrecks on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:28 pm

Good point. With the way of catogorising we have in this world....
EX:
Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop) could be Anime/Comics, Game/Media, Science Fiction, or Fantasy.
because the show was on tv, is a comic and anime, had a video game, is science fiction based, and also be thought of as fantasy, being that sci-fi and fantasy go hand and hand.

Nightcrawler or Wolverine (X-Men) could be Anime/Comics, Game/Media, Science Fiction, or fantasy
X-men is a comic, that became a show and movie, once even an anime, has several games, and again, based in sci fi/ fantasy

Walter Barrecks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that one of the posts I made on here said to contact me if there was any iffy-ness on the category.

I'm going to have to say that Ghost in the Shell would be in the Anime category; yes, it's Science Fiction but, let's not be difficult or technical here. @_@

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Everyone could of started posting up pictures last night, cut off time to post up is 11:59pm Saturday night. Just fluking this for the time being since it seems to be a bust already but Sunday and Monday are for judging.

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hilde on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:39 pm

Remember Jem from that ridiculous 80s cartoon, Jem and the Holograms?

Here's the cartoon's opening if you need a quick memory jog.

Well that's who I was. My boyfriend was, obviously, V.

I know it said to PM Eric the photos, but I wanted to share them with you, too. And heck, I'd like to see what everyone else wore. Can I see everyone else's costume?! Please!

Hilde
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm

And I wanted to get these up as well:

This was my boyfriend (Jader) and I. I am Skuld, and he is a zombie? Or The Hulk post transformation? Or something else? We weren't really sure. :D

And this is me, as Skuld, with the ridiculously pink Hilde, modeling her oh-so-sexy Jem costume.

Enjoy!

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kheelan Razor on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:00 pm

ahh ok so how many of u guys actually know each other personaly?

Kheelan Razor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:02 pm

Yeah, go ahead, ya'll. Post up here! Doesn't seem like a lot anyway but you've got till said date and time. =D

Kheelan Razor wrote:ahh ok so how many of u guys actually know each other personaly?

Well, yes.. to an extent, we do.

Kasurin
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!