Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Hello! I'm Aera.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello! I'm Aera.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aera on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Hey!
You can call me Aera, and I was introduced to this site by a really good friend of mine.
I'm 18, turning 19 in May and I attend University in Severn Canada. I can be quite the language enthusiast, and I've studied a total of eight languages. However, I'm most confident in Ojicree (Severn Ojibwe), Japanese, Swedish, and French. I plan on taking up Mandarin next year at my University. I love drawing as well, but I have yet to set up a DA or something similar.
My favourite music artists consist of anywhere from Bjork, The Weeknd, Joji, Kendrick Lamar, and many more. I don't have a set music genre, but rather, what I listen to often corresponds to how I feel at that current moment.
It can get pretty cold up here (up to -45 Celsius), but being surrounded by nature offers a lot of inspiration for my writing. Growing up, I was always known as the kid who'd be playing "pretend" quite a lot. When I got older and started to outgrow playing pretend etc, I turned to creative writing and drawing to explore my creative process. And, well, here I am now.
I've been roleplaying in various games since I was about 10 years old, which makes this about my 8th or 9th year roleplaying/creative writing.
I look forward to writing with you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aera
Member for 3 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Group Theory Lifegiver

Re: Hello! I'm Aera.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sambea on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello Aera! Thank you for giving Roleplaygateway a shot. ^-^ I am a journalist major and creative writing minor, but have taken a break from school for a bit. I used to be the same way too as a kid, which lead to me writing. I have been roleplaying for about six years now, though this account says 2, but I had another account years ago and can't figure my login. Lol. I am also studying a new language, Korean, and it reminds me of when I studied Spanish. Though to be honest, Spanish is a lot easier. Lol. I have a mix of genres that I like for music. It can go from Vera to Blackbear to Jay Park and BTS.

I live in Louisiana and we had record breaking degrees here. It actually snowed twice this winter season, so... I am a little in shock. Lol

Okay! Now for a bit of help with getting around the site.

If you are just looking for a Roleplay or Universe:
universes

-Click that link above and it will bring your to the page where our Roleplays/Universes are at! Don't want to just shuffle through pages of roleplays/universes? We have a filter system! :D
-Above the Roleplays/universes is a box that read "Not showing 0 roleplays. Manage your filters or select a sort method»" Click that and it should give you filters to use. Like searching up the kind of roleplays/universes you like!

If you want to see what roleplay/universe needs players:
roleplayers-wanted-f163.html

-Click the link above and see GMs (Game Masters) in need of roleplayers. Now, not all GMs will put out a beacon for roleplayers so going through the Universe page and this page would be a good thing!

If you need anymore help please let me know and I will help you to the best of my abilities! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sambea
Member for 5 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist World Builder Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman Greeter Tipworthy Property Buyer Concierge Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!