Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? »

Players Wanted: A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp »

Hello all :)

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello all :)

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby elliara on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi there friends! My online alias is Elliara, but my name in the real world is Ann. You can call me whatever you are most comfortable with. I am a seventeen year-old high school student (senior year, woohoo!) who prides herself on taking part in almost every activity time allows. I play soccer and run cross country and track, act as senior class president, and work at my local hospital with my nursing assistant certification. There are a couple more extra-curriculars I could throw in there but just listing them makes me tired.
Even in my earliest memories, I know that I was in love with writing. As a child, I would scribble down ideas for short stories on anything, including (but not limited to) napkins, paper plates, and my arm. I was never the best at going through with these stories. I remember the day that I discovered online roleplaying. It was 2015, and I was a lonely eighth grader who was too much of a snitch to have any real friends. I had discovered the virtual world IMVU (is it even running anymore?) a couple of months beforehand and was absolutely obsessed with it. It had become an escape from my own life. My only issue was the horn dogs who would hog the chatrooms, and the fact that nobody seemed to want to create an actual story.
I was exploring the website when I found their forums, and I realized that there was an entire genre labeled "roleplaying". After a few hours of exploring, I knew that I was hooked. Online roleplay combined some of my favorite things in life- writing, interacting with others, and hiding my true identity. That last point was an actual issue with my original entrance into the RP world. I would pretend to be much older than I actually was, and that got me into some trouble when older writers would put together my lack of grammar and maturity.
Over the years, I have become more comfortable with myself and my skills, and I believe that I am much easier to get along with now :). I discovered roleplay gateway recently, after having a (roughly) year-long hiatus from writing and roleplay, so please forgive me if I seem a bit rusty. I am looking forward to making new friendships and writing some kickass stories! You will find me in more realistic stories, especially those that include characters who I am able to relate to personally (young adults, high schoolers, etc) but I am not opposed to trying out some fantasy or sci fi! Please feel free to DM me, or contact me on my discord at the same username. I'm looking forward to being on this site :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

elliara
Member for 2 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Hello all :)

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mombie on Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:34 am

I'm also coming off of a long hiatus from roleplay.

That saying, we all have made mistakes during our RP career (I like to tell people I am in my 20's because I am actually old, shh). Anyhow, good to have you around, and I hope you find an RP to get cozy in.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:13 pm

Welcome!

Ooh you have a lot going on hey good for you! Third here coming back from a hiatus, ahaha!
...we always wind up back.

Can't wait to see what you make! & How old is old XD
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elliara on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcomes! Old refers to anyone older than I was at the time, so the bar is low! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

elliara
Member for 2 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!