Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hello! I'm New!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello! I'm New!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AileenKishi on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:05 am

Hello everyone! Just though I would say hi and introduce myself. I found this site on Google when searching for a good text based online role playing site. Pretty much all the ones I have been on before have died. ^_^;;;; So I wanted something more stable and that would last a while. I have been doing text based role playing games for almost 8 years now and I enjoy it a lot. I am into many types of games such as fantasy, sci-fi, horror, anime/manga, and even book based role playing games. I am an English major in college which means I love to read and write....but don't worry I don't get overly picky with grammar or spelling when playing games. That just gets obnoxious for everyone if I complain about every little thing! ^_^;;;; I am new to this site though so I have no idea how most things go....but since I have been on other role playing game sites I should hopefully get a good hang of it fairly quickly! Random things about me....I love animals! All types! It is my second passion after reading/writing. I am a nerd in all senses of the word. I love video games, reading, card games, D&D, anime/manga, etc. I just hope that I have fun playing and talking with all of you!

~Aileen

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AileenKishi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello! I'm New!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 am

Hi there!

I'll leave it to the mods to throw links everywhere, I'll just keep it simple, since I'm only a newbie myself!

I actually prefer Fantasy, and to be honest I don't really like horror that much, but I'll stick to the up points...
I try to be picky with my own grammar! I let others past usually, although REALLY bad grammar really irks me.
I like most animals too!
Especially cats though, there's three which live here at the moment.(Cats, that is.)
And I don't do that much writing... But I love reading!!
I'll read most books, although I don't necessarily like them.
D&D, MTG(TCG, if you didn't already know!:-P) and Anime too, I like them.
I'd throw the link to my interest check, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to go advertising my RP in the intro forums!(I'm tossing up between a Post-Apocolyptic and a D&D game.)

Alasund De'astio, signing out.... Or maybe I'm disappearing in a puff of smoke....
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am

Hello there Aileen! I'm Dashmiel, one of the moderators here, and on behalf of the staff I would like to welcome you to RolePlayGateway. An English Major huh? Guess I can't pretend I know what I'm talking about proper English anymore with you around. Joking aside, I'm sure you'll get to have fun here, as we're all Geeks or Nerds, or just in denial around here. I'm a fantasy buff myself, but I've been known to dabble in all the other genres from time to time. Animals. We love animals. We have a whole thread dedicated to adorable/awesome/badass pictures of pets here. Well, I suppose I should get to the part where I'm all helpful and what not.

If you ever need any assistance, feel free to contact any staff member (You can tell us apart by our colored usernames and user titles beneath our usernames.) Along with our username are handy contact buttons for quick access to whatever communication tools we've each made available (A PM is usually the most effective.)

Now for some links to places of interest.

I'll start you off with the ubiquitous rules. They're for the most part easy and simple to follow. Of special note, along with those simple five rules, we have: The proper interpretation to the Romance/No Smut policy, a quick reminder about personal info, and our stance on Plagiarism.

We also have a guide for newcomers to RPG.

I also direct you to our Help forum where you can post and ask any question you might need help with. You can also hop in on the OOC room in the chat where you'll almost always find a staff member available and happy to help.

Now, with the formalities out of the way, I'll direct you to our main feature which sets up apart from the other RP sites around: The Roleplay Tab. It's fairly intuitive, but I would be more than happy to explain the workings of it to you if you would like.

Well, with all that being said, once again, welcome to RolePlayGateway, and I hope your roleplaying experience is exceptional with us. Don't hesitate to contact me or post here if I can help you in any way.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 am

:o Howdy-hey, AileenKishi! Nice to see you droppin' by RolePlayGateway, and all.

Google, Google, Google. I think the last three or four users who have posted an introduction in this forum have stumbled in by using that big search engine! Makes sense, since RPGateway is one of the largest and most active text-based roleplaying communities out there on the web, right now. We're glad to have you becoming a part of what's going on here!

Ooh. It's great to have another experienced roleplayer joining our ranks! And if you're a nerd, I guarantee you'll fit in nice and snug to our little community.

Aa-aanyways, looks like you've been greeted by one of our fantastic users, and another fantastic Moderator! They keep the peace 'round these parts, so bear that in mind lest you get on their bad side! >:D Definitely check out those links Dashmiel tossed at you. They'll help you get all settled into place here.

So! In the meantime, if you have any questions you know where to post 'em. Someone will get back to you ASAP.

Hope to see you around!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AileenKishi on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 am

Thank you for all the welcomes and suggestions. I looked at all the links that you put up Dashmiel and they helped! I am starting to get somewhat the hang of things it seems. Even joined my first role play on here! *dances around*

AileenKishi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi EVERYBODY! I'm a newbee, or newbie, or newb, or whatsever. Trying to figure out how to spread the word about a new rp before actually making one...so it doesn't suffocate from lack of characters. :] How DO you get attention, though, anybody know?
Ask questions. Ask away. I'll be here all day. I <3 Questions. With a PASSION.
You have no social life...
SHUT UP VOICE!

The Other Reality"
Always accepting!

Maeve
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Glad to see you fitting in too, and don't listen to Sato calling me a fantastic user, I've only been on for a whole massive month..... LOL.
If you're looking for a second RP, then I've got a thread in the interest checks sub-forum which, unfortunantly, is languishing from lack of interest.....

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AileenKishi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 am

Hello new person and Hello again Alasund De'astio! Hmmmm if you'd guys like you could send me in PM both of your rp's and I can see if I am interested! What kind of things do you like Maeve? I am glad you are here! Well, I haven't tried to make my own game yet so I am not so sure about how to get attention for a game you make. So sorry I can't help you there. I wish I were more helpful but I just joined a bit ago. ^_^;;;;

~Aileen

AileenKishi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:16 pm

No need for me to link you to my RP, You've already found it!

Alasund
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Hmm...fantasy, sci-fi, OOC roleplays; really, anything so long as it's creative and I can come up with a weird character. It's okay, I've asked around and probably the thing to do is advertise in articles like these.
And by the way, FYI, whatever you prefer, Google got me here as well. ;]

Maeve
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am

Also come join my new RolePlay. ;]
It requires younger characters, with powers, competitions, and monsters. PM me if your interested, or go right to the thread.

[Maeve]

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:37 pm

A little late to the party, I know, but welcome to Gateway!

Everything else has been covered, so I'd just like to put a shameless plug here to let you know that Gateway's team of official Mentors is here for you should you need us! From showing new members around to providing personalized RP lessons, we're here to help!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohsnapitsyourface on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi! I actually don't know a lot about this site either, but it's nice to see that I'm not alone. xD

Personally, I love sci-fi, fantasy, horror and all that jazz, and to combine them too - that's always fun. I don't mind roleplays based on things, but I find that creating your own ideas is a lot more fun. ^^ I'm an avid writer, so I love it when people know their stuff when it comes to grammar and whatnot but, like you, I don't think I'd chew them out for it~ ^^
You serious? It's your face, not mine.

ohsnapitsyourface
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey there ohsnapitsyourface! Why don't you make a Welcome Desk thread of your own?

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:52 pm

NERDFIST: ACTIVATE!

Well hello there Aileen, and welcome to the ARR PEE GEE.

Here you will find a varied selection of games for your perusal, as well as multiple boards with multiple threads; all for you to spam love and be a part of. I'm sure you'll find more than enough to satisfy your need for alternative existences and pseudo-human contact.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Propinquitially yours;
~Tsuki
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:51 pm

What Tsuki, No blue flames???

:-P

Alasund
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!