Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hello!!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazzybear on Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:27 pm

My name is Jazzybear, and I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I'm only 16, but I cherish writing and literature as if it were my lifeblood. Here are some examples of my writing. Enjoy.

Acorngaze curled her tail against her flank and lay silently, trying to blink away the morning sleepiness. As tired as she felt, she knew she had to get to work. The gorge seemed to groan theatrically as if it were waking itself. In truth, it was quite windy this morning, windy enough to wake the sleeping she-cat, who almost never slept inside the warmer caverns unless on winter nights. She slowly got to her paws, wavering a little as the wind knocked her off balance, and pressed her body along the outer cavern wall for stability. AcornGaze was blind and had to either rely on her fellow clan members or her own self-made guidance. There were some areas like the prey pit and the nursery that were scent marked so she could locate them, but even this only helped a little. What really allowed AcornGaze to move freely around the treacherous gorge and through the many intricate caverns that were somehow all linked, was her own markers. Running her muzzle along the stone wall, AcornGaze felt a line of scratch marks and mixed scents of the past. Moons ago, her mentor, along with many other cats, helped scratch and scent mark the wall; it went throughout the entire camp. Based on how the etchings were placed, the she-cat always knew her location. Without this, she would have succumbed to the gorge ages ago. After a long while of leisurely walking, AcornGaze eventually entered camp and headed in the direction of her medicine den.

The clan activity was how it was normally in the mornings, relaxed and warm. The two inert mothers in the nursery snoozed soundly, their rest aided by the lavender and chamomile that AcornGaze had placed there the night before. Their kits curled up into tight balls of fur, mewing loudly once in a while as they were nudged too far away from their mother's milk by their siblings. As AcornGaze passed the nursery, she felt a twinge of longing, not for kits, but her motherly mentor she had cherished dearly as a kit. Scents of old milk and fresh new scents reminded AcornGaze of the early days, that for her, never existed.

She silently made her way through the remainder of camp, ignoring the tempting scents of the near-empty prey pile. As AcornGaze passed the warriors den she heard the faintest pitter-patter of miniature paws behind her. With a tender smile, the medicine cat turned around and tilted her head, shoving her ears forward to better hear the tiny form.

That was a forum response. No one ever replied in that particular roleplay, but I'm still proud of what I came up with. I may face trouble in the future because I have some psychic sense that animals roleplayers are uncommon here. Oh well. Have another. Feast on my creativity!

The sickening rhythm pulsed throughout it's thoughts. A constant ticking, counting the beast's last waking moments before it succumbed to the unforgiving season. Each crunch as it's paws sank into the snow brought it closer to oblivion. Each step, death minute in decimal. It panted feverishly, before stepping into a scene of past. Blue shadows stretched across it's desolate eyes. Shadows of the long before. Shadows of the dead. The lacerated bodies of behemoths towered above the horizon, casting long shadows that engulfed the beast's own. After pausing, it moved on, practically gliding past giants once locked away within tombs of ice. And then. Quaky with exhaustion. The wolf collapsed.

With a shudder of trepidation, the Fengo awoke from his slumber and wearily lifted his head. The gaze of two green eyes met his own. "Muireann." The Fengo licked his maw, before rising to address her company formally. "You should be asleep. Preferably, within your own den." He gestured over towards the den exit with a swish of his tail. "Meaning, get out. I need to think." He waited expectantly, but to the matriarch's puzzlement, the she-wolf didn't obey his command. Instead, Muireann stared directly into his eyes and furrowed her brow in concern. Then, slowly, as if she was making a point by doing so, she laid down atop the fur pelt she had been standing on. "This is my den," the she-wolf proclaimed in defense.

"You collapsed in front of me, after sleepwalking your way in here and waking me up." Muireann added in a matter of factually type of tone, as if challenging the Fengo himself. She waited impatiently for his intelligent response, and when she received only silence, Muireann sighed and laid her head down. "It's cold outside, and it's a long walk to Sominus. You can stay here for tonight. But you must leave when the sun rises higher than the Craigs."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jazzybear
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Lifegiver Group Theory Tipworthy

Re: Hello!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Hello! You have a great attitude. Sometimes our best efforts are met with crickets, but we always move on and try again ! You have lovely writing as well. I saw you got an RP up, and I wish you the best of luck with it. Animal roleplay is not my cup of tea, but I bet you will find that clique around here somewhere!

Welcome again!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: Hello!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazzybear on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:58 am

Haha! Thanks for the encouragement! I was a bit worried I'd be met with crickets here when I created this little introduction, but now I'm not gonna worry about it. And hey, if others join my universe or don't, I'll still be proud of the fact I DID create one this early in the game.

XD It's the little things that boost my ego! Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

Jazzybear
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Lifegiver Group Theory Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!