Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) »

Players Wanted: A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp »

Hello~!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello~!

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby aLoverofBooks on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:36 pm

My name is aLoverofBooks, or Bookworm to my friends. My roleplay experience has been going onto 5 years now. I write in paragraphs, and will not post unless I manage a five paragraphs limit - being that I usually write with six to seven. My flaw is that I tend to be a perfectionist, so I pay close attention to detail if possible.

Let me see... My favored genres are mostly historical, high to low fantasy, grimdark, and modern fantasy. I love D&D, this site led me to the game. I prefer one on one stories, being that any groups I join seem to fall apart. I posses a sort of dark humor and outlook on life. It reflects in my writing, for I love to be realistic.

As you can tell by my username - I LOVE reading. A professed bibliophilia. There is not a moment in my day where I have a book close to me. My goal in life is to become a Librarian. Other than literature, I adore history. My mind is focused more on the past rather than the future really. What I would give to have the ability to time travel! What a fantasy I constantly live in it seems.

The reason why I joined this site is a bit complicated to explain. I first started on this site to find an escape from my own mind. Yes. My own head. Maladaptive daydreaming, also known as excessive daydreaming - a disordered form of dissociative absorption associated with vivid and excessive fantasy activity that often involves elaborate and fanciful scenarios. It was enough to bring anxiety whenever I had to interact with the real world. My own escape, my own sanctuary with a price. It is a fear of mine that I may lose that barrier between reality and fantasy one day. I may be reading in the morning at one point, only to find the day is nearly over all because I 'zoned out'.

A friend of mine suggested I go into roleplaying to help. Hard to do that when you are an extreme introvert with trust issues. It was slow at first, but gradually I found myself getting into a pattern of writing with others. And now, my excessive daydreaming is helping me write.

The reason why I bring up my little 'addiction', is because it has gotten me into trouble a few times in my life. When a sudden boost of inspiration hits or if a partner gives me a wonderful post, I tend to retreat into my head. Because of this... I have a habit to disappear briefly.

I digress. For the longest time I have only written with one person but now that he has moved closer to me so I may be on less than I usually did. I am grateful to have joined this community, for it has brought me an alternative way of dealing with my anxiety and a new escape that is outside of my daydreaming. But most of all - RPR has given me someone who I never thought existed and brought color to my once grey world.

If you wish to join me in writing, do send me a PM. I must admit firstly, I am a bit shy and a little picky in my writing choices. But once you crack my shell, I am a warm and loyal writer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

aLoverofBooks
Member for 1 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Hello~!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi, welcome on in!

I also love DnD! Have you been playing long? I'm a player and a (subpar) dm. It's a lot of fun.

There's a lot of folks who do 1x1's here, and plenty who are patient enough to wait a while (even, in some cases, a month or so... sorry to my personal 1x1 partners) between posts. I'm sure you'll find a partner or two who would love to write with you!
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 2 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Re: Hello~!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Welcome to RPG, we're glad to have you here. Below are some links to help you get started on your journey here:

Roleplayer's Wanted
This is where you'll find established Universes & GMs looking for writers / players.

Roleplayer's Wanted
This forum is generally Brainstorming / Pre-RP planning, also you can find GMs seeking writers / players before they start a Universe.

Our chat
Log in with your RPG credentials & explore. (we have a Book/Literature channel!)

The Multiverse
The front page of arugably our largest RP here on the site, here you'll find a universe full of colliding time lines, factions, and genres.

The Writer's Lounge
Here you can reinvigorate all aspects of creative writing & encourage others writers to indulge in their interests.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!