Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Hello!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WritingToSpilMyHeart on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 am

Hello users of RolePlayGateway. I am so excited to join this roleplay website, it seems like a very nice website with nice people. I am currently new to roleplaying myself but I do write from time to time so this shouldn't be that different, I hope. I just want to increase my writing experience and skills and this website seems like a cool way to get some experience from some great roleplayers.

I tend to write about quite a lot, including science fiction, fantasy, anything that appeals to me really. So be on the lookout for me! I write in past tense in third person (are those the correct terms? ^^;) and I try to write at least a decent paragraph with about 100+ words, though depending on how busy I am or my inspiration it may be less or more. I would like to try 1x1 roleplays every once in a while to see how that works out though roleplaying with a whole group seems great too!

So yeah, I think I will enjoy my time here.

That's about it, really.

Bye!
Congratulations to Tyler Wright for winning the Vans US Open!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WritingToSpilMyHeart
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 am

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway! Be sure to check out the rules when you have a chance. There are only five, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. Some other great spots to check out is the Role Play Academy if you ever need any help or have any writing-related questions. Furthermore the help forum is also a great place to start for questions regarding the site itself. Now if you are looking for role-play, which obviously you are, just check out the tab at the very top of the site. It should be the second link to the left that says roleplay.

We use a very unique tab system to organize our role-plays, so please do check it out! The chat bar at the bottom of the site is also a great tool! For you however, I think the interest check would be one of the best places to begin. A lot of people are usually here asking for 1x1. It's very good to see new faces starting to role-play for the first time. I can still remember when I first got involved with it; and quite honestly, I wasn't even much a writer at the time. Practice makes perfect however. Also is that Black Butler in your avatar? (:

~ Maestro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Re: Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winds Of Fate on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Hello darling welcome welcome welcome. I saw you comment on one of the other newcomers and it was fabulous to see interaction already. First let me introduce myself. Depending on who you come across they will address me as either Winds of Fate, Winds, Fate, or Momma Winds, as I do have RPG Children floating about, but to spin your head I am a guy believe it or not. Lol.

I must say I am excited about the new things that are in store, and I hope you fit in well here. I am here always if you need help with anything and you can always reach out to me or any of the moderators on this site. Furthermore get to know your fellow roleplayers and just commingle. :) A little bit about what you may be seeing. At the top of your window should be a black bar with links in it that open up to show more links, that is where you'll find all there is to find on the site. At the bottom of the webpage is a chat bar in which you can chat away with your fellow roleplayers. Below are a few links I just threw together to help all of the newcomers to find what they may need. As always I do hope to see you around and I will check in with you after a few weeks have passed to make sure you are integrated fabulously.

Help - If you have a moment, and something is simply NOT working for you, post in the help thread and we will do our best to assist you in a timely manner.

Rules - While we all love to have fun, there are a few simple rules that you can read over at your own leisure. We want to make sure you have a awesome time.

Out of Character - This is self explanitory, it's the place you go to sign up for stories you want to be a part of. :)

and make sure you HAVE FUN!!!! That's my number 1 rule darling.

XoXo
Winds of Fate
Global Moderator

Winds Of Fate
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!