Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

Hello!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ula on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Hey there, RolePlayGateway! I am, obviously, new here and just wanted to introduce myself. You can call me Ula. While I'm new to this site, I am by no means new to roleplaying. I usually enjoy a fantasy-style roleplay, although high fantasy isn't really my thing. Think more along the lines of modern-day fantasy (i.e. vampires, angels and demons, etc). Yeah, I'm one of those. I also enjoy slice-of-life style RP's as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi! I'll be seeing you around the forums. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ula
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Welcome to Role-Play Gateway! Be sure to check out the rules when you have a chance. There are only five, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. Some other great spots to check out is the Role Play Academy if you ever need any help or have any writing-related questions. Furthermore the help forum is also a great place to start for questions regarding the site itself. Now if you are looking for role-play, which obviously you are, just check out the tab at the very top of the site. It should be the second link to the left that says roleplay.

We use a very unique tab system to organize our role-plays, so please do check it out! The chat bar at the bottom of the site is also a great tool! Now with the RP tab, they have a function that allows you to find role-plays based on tags affiliated with them. So, if you simply typed in modern, fantasy, angels, demons, etc, you'd probably come up with hundreds of options to choose from! This is very convenient in finding the sort of genre you are looking for.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to check out the links above or even shoot me a message (our staff on this site is also great and would be more than willing to answer your questions).

~ Maestro

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ula on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Thanks for the welcome and information! I really like the whole set-up here, it's very intuitive and easy-to-navigate. I think I'll like it here.

Ula
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 pm

This site has really taken simplicity to the max. A lot of sites are so hard to navigate with all the threads and forums, etc. Hard to really find exactly what you are looking for. When you first login here, all of the basics are staring you right in the face! Please enjoy your stay. And again, don't be afraid to ask for help!

~ Maestro

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winds Of Fate on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Indeed I welcome you Ula to RPG, better known as RolePlayGateway and I hope you have a fabulous time here. I do want to point out a few things that may help you navigate through the site. As you are probably aware, there is a black bar at the top of the webpage that says RPG, Roleplay, Forum, Chat, Resources, About, and a search bar. It is there that you will be able to navigate through RPG. You will also be able to gain access to your accound and change both the avi and siggy, as well as other things like manage your subscriptions and the like. At the bottom of your webpage should be a chat bar and there you can find numerous members chatting away on various topics. Feel free to join in.

As Maestro has already covered most of what I was going to say, I do want you to feel free here, and to enjoy your time as well as make friends and just have fun. If you have any issues feel free to contact me and any of the staff and we will do our best to assist you darling.

Take care and I will be checking in to make sure you are fully integrated in the site in the coming weeks. Oh and remember to HAVE FUN and see you around. I am sure I will see you around as my favorite genre is fantasy as well so we will probably be in the same story....

XoXoXo
Winds of Fate
Global Moderator

Winds Of Fate
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ula on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, Winds of Fate! I'm sure I'll see you around the fantasy RP's! :D
Last edited by Ula on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ula
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WritingToSpilMyHeart on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new here too (I joined the 1st of August). I'm new to role-playing so I think this site is a good way to start. If you want we could roleplay together some time, might you ever be in the mood. Anyways, have fun!
Congratulations to Tyler Wright for winning the Vans US Open!

WritingToSpilMyHeart
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!