Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Hello There!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

Hello There!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:30 am

Hi! I’m not new to the Online Role Playing World (Goodness, I’ve run and participated in so many forums that I can’t even remember them at the moment). However, I am rather new to GWing. In fact, if it wasn’t for a Role Playing Timeline, and my natural curiosity driving my hand, I would have never been introduced to this wondrous place!

So, I’ve gone from forums that don’t support powers at all, to ones where divine and super-powered beings were canon. I want to introduce my character but, by the same token, I don’t want to make a Mary Sue. I’m used to fighting rather over-powered characters and, honestly, I don’t expect to find that here.

Sadly, I’m a victim of conditioning, and don’t know how to fix my character up. I was wondering that, if I were to put my character sheet up, if anyone that has problems with it (such as the level of his power or the scope of his ability), then by all means, PM me and we can figure something out!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, much appreciated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:03 pm

Absolutely! Welcome to RPGateway!

Speaking of that timeline, I think it's a bit outdated, and I should probably go by and update it a bit. ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:30 pm

I don't suppose that anyone has checked out my character sheet?

I'd like a critique of it; is it too powerful, or does it work for this forum?

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:36 am

Hi Odin,

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will find something that you can get involved in. I have had a look at your character but I play different games to you so can offer very little advice, all right no advice if you insist. Hopefully one of the others will be able to look over it and give you pointers.

Grimbold

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:52 am

Welcome, Odin.

Fortunately, I spent some time at a forum that is to the Creed what Satanism is to the Ten Commandments... so I may just be able to help you in the scaling down department. Just as soon as I have enough time to read through it, I will. In the mean time, enjoy your stay.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:53 am

Oh you can, can you? That was a long time ago.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Welcome, other than that I htink everything else has been said, have a good time. lol

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:45 am

Thank you all very much, I feel all welcome and warm and fuzzy ^_^

Does anyone know where I can get some Rp? I want to join an existent one yet don't want to interrupt an ongoing storyline.

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:54 am

Odin wrote:Does anyone know where I can get some Rp? I want to join an existent one yet don't want to interrupt an ongoing storyline.

Well, with a tiny little bit of character-profile-tempering (To make sense within the world setting), you could join us in Ghalerion over in the fantasy forums (Actually just re-opened it literally last night after months of hiatus, so this would be prime-time to join). I think you'd fit in right well there. It's got a nice history and setup (A bit extensive at times, but that's just for the ones that are interested in knowing all about it) and is just itching to get some new members in there.

Also, welcome to the forums. ^^

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:15 am

Thank you!

<___< Would you mind if I joined your thread?

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:17 am

Oh, we'd love to have you. ^^

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:23 am

Well, thank you very much then ^_^ Expect a reply somewhat shortly.

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:23 am

You are quite welcome! Try saying that with more or less context. Do you remember me?

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 am

So...got some questions <.<

Why is it that neither my signature nor my avatar shows up?

Aaaaannnddd, what do credits do? What do I use them for?

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 am

Try asking the Milk Mystic. How far up? I have no idea what to say. What would your friends say if you asked them?

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:30 pm

no help for my questions?

Odin
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Try setting the sig and avatar again. We were having problems with those until just a day or two ago (My avatar just finally started working), so they're more likely to work now. If they don't after that, shoot me a PM and I'll try and get it worked out.

As far as credits go, for now they really do nothing, but in the future they're going to have a lot of different uses, at least from what Eric has been tellin' us. Some of which just might include cool free RPGateway stuff. >_>

Kouketsu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Once more? OK I will try it. Oh. When was this? Let's wait and see what they do. Some may of which might include cool free RPGateway stuff, but not all.

HAL
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odin on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:23 am

The avatar works now, thank you.

Is there any reason that my signature image tag won't work?

Odin
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.